X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Someone raised this on another board - Drew's Contract

Drew extended his contract, no? What are the cap implications of cutting him now (meaning after the season) vs. what they would be if we hadn't extended him?
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

trade him to dallas for a condom.. used or unused.. i really dont care.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

lol

Come on! Were are our cap experts?

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i could be wrong.. but i was under the impression that because there is no signing bonus.. he can cut him without much damage at all.. if any.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          i could be wrong.. but i was under the impression that because there is no signing bonus.. he can cut him without much damage at all.. if any.
          Maybe we can trade him to Miami.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by billsfanone

If I told ya, I would hafta kill ya

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets

If I told ya, I would hafta kill ya
                  Aw come on man. I though we was friends.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                    • May 2004

yeah come on guys.....HenryRules is a self proclaimed cap expert.....let's hear the low down on what it is going to cost us when we cut Bledsoe.
                    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Maybe we can trade him to Miami.
                      our db's would love that. Clements , Milloy , Mcgee would mkae it to probowl thanks to Drew throwing int's. Come to think of it, our pass rush would look so much better too.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• clumping platelets

Drew isn't going any where until after the season, thus I will only talk about 2005 & 2006. Actaully, I've started to believe that 2004 will be his last season as a Buffalo Bill. Sad it hasn't worked out here because, regardless of
                        performance, Drew has absolutely been a stand-up guy. He will get another chance elsewhere because the NFL is devoid of talent at QB and some team will sign him as a veteran back-up.

He has 2 yrs remaining on the re-worked contract he signed shortlyn after the 2004 draft. He rec'd a $6.5 million signing bonus which is amortized at $2,166,667 per season. After 2004, he will have $4,333,334 of remaining bonus amortization. His salaries are: $3.3 million(2005) and $4.35 million(2005). He has a roster bonus of $1 million in 2005 and $1.75 million in bonuses in 2006. His cap numbers are $6,516,666 in 2005 and $8,316,666 in 2006

The scenarios are as follows:

If released prior to June 1st, 2005 OR traded during 2005 League Year: All remaining bonus amortization accelerates into 2005 cap. Bills save his salary and roster bonus (if not paid). Cap savings equals cap hit - bonus amortization. $6,516,666 - $4,333,334 = $2,183,332 The $4,333,334 would represent "dead cap" or "dead money" on the 2005 cap. However, Drew would no longer count on 2006 cap and the Bills would save that $8+ million on 2006. Note: when a player is traded, at any time, ALL remaining bonus amortization accelerates into League Year of trade

If released after June 1st, 2005: Bonus amortization is split between 2005 & 2006. The numbers are equal because only 2 yrs remain. (NOTE: If a player has 3+ yrs remaining and is released after June 1st, 1 season amortization applies to League Year of release and ALL of the remaining amortization applies in the following year cap. This is not applicable to Drew's situation, but just to allow people to understand how remaining amortization applies to cap). Drew's "dead cap" in both 2005 & 2006 would be $2,166,666. If $1 million roster bonus is paid, then that would be added to 2005 "dead cap". As long as roster bonus is NOT paid, then it will not be counted as "dead cap" if released. Bills will save the roster bonus and salary in 2005 and cap savings is $4.3 million. Bills save $6.1 million on 2006 cap but, as mentioned, would have $2,166,666 "dead cap" on 2006

If he no longer fits in plans, better to part ways before 2005 League Year starts in March 2005

Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2004, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

Interesting.

Are you still going to murder me?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Well, we have a choice, right? $4 mil hit all in 05 or about $2 mil each in 05 and 06 if he is a June 1 cut.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Interesting.

Are you still going to murder me?

No, you've been given a stay of execution as long as you vote for Kerry

Comment

Working...
                              X