PDA

View Full Version : OL Help

justasportsfan
10-27-2004, 11:35 AM
http://chargers.com/team/roster_details.cfm?last_name=Ball&first_name=Jason

He was released by Chargers because of a contract dispute.

superbills
10-27-2004, 11:54 AM
That link don't work Justa. Who is this guy?

justasportsfan
10-27-2004, 12:00 PM
That link don't work Justa. Who is this guy?works fine for me.

Number: 60
Name: Jason Ball
Position: Center
College: New Hampshire
Height: 6-2
Weight: 301
DOB: 03/21/79
Experience: 3rd NFL Season
Acquired: Free Agent - 2002
Hometown: Londonderry, New Hampshire

Career stats

The Chargers hope Jason Ball makes a healthy return in 2004 after battling a nagging ankle injury throughout the 2003 season. An undrafted free agent who joined the Chargers in 2002, Ball took over as the team’s starting center early in his rookie season when veteran center Cory Raymer went down with an Achilles injury. Ball started the final 13 games and anchored an offensive line that allowed the fifth-fewest sacks in the league, while paving the way for LaDainian Tomlinson, the league’s second-leading rusher. Ball capped off that stellar rookie season by earning the team’s Lineman of the Year Award.
Away from the field, Ball is a nature enthusiast. He has a keen interest in studying animals and enjoys visiting the San Diego Zoo. His favorite section is the reptile house, especially the snake exhibit. Ball, who used to catch frogs and turtles as a kid, has a two-year old blood python from India named Warhol. Ball enjoys a variety of sports, including basketball, tennis and swimming.

2003: Started Weeks 1-6 at center…came out of Cleveland game Oct. 19 in third quarter with ankle injury and did not return… inactive Weeks 7-10 with ankle injury…left Kansas City game Nov. 30 in third quarter due to left ankle injury…had returned to starting lineup at center from ankle injury Weeks 11-12...inactive Weeks 13-16 due to ankle injury.

2002: Named team’s Lineman of Year by teammates…selected to Pro Football Weekly’s and Football Digest’s all-rookie teams…played on special teams Weeks 1-2...saw reserve action at center Sept. 22 against Arizona after Cory Raymer left game with Achilles injury…started first NFL game at center against New England Sept. 29 in which LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for 217 yards…started at center Weeks 4-16…originally signed with Chargers April 26 as undrafted rookie.

DraftBoy
10-27-2004, 12:03 PM
He's a good young guy, Id like to bring him in over Teague

justasportsfan
10-27-2004, 12:06 PM
He's a good young guy, Id like to bring him in over Teague
His agent supposedly screwed him up. He did have probowl potential until his ankle injury. Although Teague is supposedly the most improved OL player we have, he's not getting any younger and he's cost too much to be playing center.

superbills
10-27-2004, 12:07 PM
works fine for me.

Number: 60
Name: Jason Ball
Position: Center
College: New Hampshire
Height: 6-2
Weight: 301
DOB: 03/21/79
Experience: 3rd NFL Season
Acquired: Free Agent - 2002
Hometown: Londonderry, New Hampshire

Career stats

The Chargers hope Jason Ball makes a healthy return in 2004 after battling a nagging ankle injury throughout the 2003 season. An undrafted free agent who joined the Chargers in 2002, Ball took over as the team’s starting center early in his rookie season when veteran center Cory Raymer went down with an Achilles injury. Ball started the final 13 games and anchored an offensive line that allowed the fifth-fewest sacks in the league, while paving the way for LaDainian Tomlinson, the league’s second-leading rusher. Ball capped off that stellar rookie season by earning the team’s Lineman of the Year Award.
Away from the field, Ball is a nature enthusiast. He has a keen interest in studying animals and enjoys visiting the San Diego Zoo. His favorite section is the reptile house, especially the snake exhibit. Ball, who used to catch frogs and turtles as a kid, has a two-year old blood python from India named Warhol. Ball enjoys a variety of sports, including basketball, tennis and swimming.

2003: Started Weeks 1-6 at center…came out of Cleveland game Oct. 19 in third quarter with ankle injury and did not return… inactive Weeks 7-10 with ankle injury…left Kansas City game Nov. 30 in third quarter due to left ankle injury…had returned to starting lineup at center from ankle injury Weeks 11-12...inactive Weeks 13-16 due to ankle injury.

2002: Named team’s Lineman of Year by teammates…selected to Pro Football Weekly’s and Football Digest’s all-rookie teams…played on special teams Weeks 1-2...saw reserve action at center Sept. 22 against Arizona after Cory Raymer left game with Achilles injury…started first NFL game at center against New England Sept. 29 in which LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for 217 yards…started at center Weeks 4-16…originally signed with Chargers April 26 as undrafted rookie.

Sorry. Stupid Nazi work proxy. :fury:

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2004, 12:09 PM
So is he still injured? Why was he released?

justasportsfan
10-27-2004, 12:13 PM
So is he still injured? Why was he released?contract dispute. By the time he was okayinjury wise, they already found his replacement.

From a SD fan who posted it at FH.

"you guys want help in the O-line? GRAB Jason Ball off the waivers! He is by far the best CENTER out there! I was bummed to hear of his release, but he had a contract dispute with our GM and spouted off just a little in the media! IF he play all year long, I guarantee you he is a Pro Bowl player! YES he is that good!

You should see the way this guy blows people off of the line. I j ust hope the Faiders dont pick him up...HE IS VEEEERY GOOD!"

"He could probably move to the guard position, but his natural ability and skills are at the center position! THis guy seriously will be a PRO BOWLER! You heard it here first! He is always on his feet, hardly ever will you see him on the ground! AWESOME at pass protection, great run blocker, and Im telling you, HE IS THAT GOOD! I felt sorry for him becuase his stupid agent popped off in the media about his contract. The only reason he is out is because we have another solid center named Hardwick. But let me tell you, Ball is in a different class. GRAB HIM NOW! "

"They waited this long to release him because Hardwick (his replacement) was slightly injured. Hardwick is back now and he is a good center, I dont think as good as Ball though.

If you guys can get your hands on a copy of the game against Jacksonville and Falcons, watch him! He was blowing Jacksonvilles line up like they were turnstiles!
His contract was not his fault, it was the usual Bolts penny pinching...he deserved a pay raise from how he performed the previous year, and it wasnt even about the money in general, he just wanted a long term deal. With the P.Rivers holdout happening at the same time, he kind of got brushed aside! Good character guy, and as said, SOLID! Drew NEVER gets pressured up the middle- NEVER!
GET HIM!"

Charlieguide
10-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Teague is most improved? I thought things started looking better when he went out!

This guy sounds good, and we have the $$. I wonder what the brass thinks of the current situation.

Jayhawk
10-27-2004, 01:20 PM
me doubt that they will do it

ryjam282
10-27-2004, 01:28 PM
If he isn't at least contacted for some sort of look I will lose the 1/10 of faith I have left in Donahoe...He passed on the center/guard from the Cards and he went to the jets. He is doing just fine and Curtis Martin is running like he is 25 again. We need help, everyone in the NFL can see where that help is needed most...OL.....This is shouting for some kind of change.

Let's go TD, make a damn move, we have the dough.

Gunzlingr
10-27-2004, 01:34 PM
I don't know, it looks like he has sloppy joe on the right side of his face in that pic.

http://chargers.com/images/bio_images/PLR_Jason_Ball.jpg

Ickybaluky
10-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Miami picked him up off waivers. They had the right to claim him over Buffalo due to their worse record.

link (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/10033143.htm)

justasportsfan
10-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Touchy Feely get's his snap from his center Balls.

Hemlepp53
10-28-2004, 07:44 AM
Miami picked him up off waivers. They had the right to claim him over Buffalo due to their worse record.

link (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/10033143.htm)

:fury: .. Damned Phins... TH for Ball & a Draft Pick??? I'd take it today :bad: