X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticatfan
    The Meathead of Muslims!
    • Jul 2002

yards that anthony callvilo ,QB of the montreal allouettes to break 6000 this season (1 game left) ,he will join doug flutie,kent austin and dave archer. Has any one ever thrown for over 6000 yrds in a NFL season?
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

No we actually run the ball once in awhile here.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

the record is 5k by dan the man.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

5083 in a 16 game season

CFL plays 18, correct?

Comment

• Throne Logic
          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          5083 in a 16 game season

CFL plays 18, correct?

Plus they've got a whole lot more room to work with in the passing game, including that 20 yard deep Zone.
          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            and we actually have defenses in the NFL too.

A bit off topic, but now that NFL Europe is down the drain, I always liked the idea of turning the cfl into a NFL developmental league.

Comment

• ticatfan
              The Meathead of Muslims!
              • Jul 2002

I think archer and austin did it when we had a 16 game season. Plus we have 20 second huddles not 40 or 45 so we also get alot more plays off during a game.
              Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
              Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

fields are alot wider, talent level on D's is really really subpar, and most undrafted college studs go there ie Josh Hamilton, Doug Flutie, and Brad Banks, I love the idea of making it a developmental league but alot of money would need to be put into it. The current salary is 2-7k a game, and alot of rookies you draft and players would want more than that, plus you'll be asking the CFL to run at a diffrent time unless you want it to run concurrently with the NFL kinda like the MLB. I love the idea personally think it would be great for both leagues, but speaking to Canadiens I know they hate the idea. Ticat what do you think?
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• generalmills
                  • Sep 2003

I think he has a chance to do it tonight too.... The argo's are going to rest almost all starters in order to stay fit for the big semi-final against the cats next friday. The Al's have a week off after this game and want to get back on track with a win tonight after 3 straight losses... Should be interesting to see if he can do it... (he has some great wide-outs including former Bill Kwame Cavil)
                  btw..is anyone planning to go to the game next friday?

Comment

• ticatfan
                    The Meathead of Muslims!
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    fields are alot wider, talent level on D's is really really subpar, and most undrafted college studs go there ie Josh Hamilton, Doug Flutie, and Brad Banks, I love the idea of making it a developmental league but alot of money would need to be put into it. The current salary is 2-7k a game, and alot of rookies you draft and players would want more than that, plus you'll be asking the CFL to run at a diffrent time unless you want it to run concurrently with the NFL kinda like the MLB. I love the idea personally think it would be great for both leagues, but speaking to Canadiens I know they hate the idea. Ticat what do you think?
                    D's are not subpar,you don't understand the league to say that,bigger field means smaller players, we don't have 400 lbs people out there, they would not survive the big field.And I don't really care about becoming a training ground for the nfl,we lose enough players to you as is. People seem to forget the 2 games are very different, to become a full development league for the nfl, we would have to change rules so the players can learn how to play american ball. The CFL has turned the corner, so we really don't need to become that to survive,which we have for 100 years.
                    Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• ticatfan
                      The Meathead of Muslims!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      LOL We do to, mike pringle just broke geo reed's all time rushing record of 16116 yrds,what is the NFL record?
                      Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ticatfan
                        LOL We do to, mike pringle just broke geo reed's all time rushing record of 16116 yrds,what is the NFL record?
                        16,000!!!!
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

16k divided by the 18 games is 889 rushing yards a game by him.

Damn! Didn't realize the CFL was so offensive-orientated.
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look. our best qb since Kelly was a CFL HOFmer who was nothing but a good career NFL back-up and was a good back-up too. Besides, I'm not sold on Mathews being our back-up qb behind Losman. Remember, JP still doesn't know how to avoid an NFL hit.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ticatfan
                              D's are not subpar,you don't understand the league to say that,bigger field means smaller players, we don't have 400 lbs people out there, they would not survive the big field.And I don't really care about becoming a training ground for the nfl,we lose enough players to you as is. People seem to forget the 2 games are very different, to become a full development league for the nfl, we would have to change rules so the players can learn how to play american ball. The CFL has turned the corner, so we really don't need to become that to survive,which we have for 100 years.

I watched the CFL for years and still do when I can, the D's are far subpar to that of the NFL's. I dont think the rules would need to be altered all that much really. Hell getting them out there to play and practice instead of riding the pine is a better situation. Atleast imo it is.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X