Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Audio: Tom Dohahoe on Simoncast 10/27/04

LISTEN
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

cant listen at work.. what did the toolbox say?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

They DID try hard to Trade Henry. He didn't say that flat out, but he did imply it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I know he was lying...there were words coming out of his mouth.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I know he was lying...there were words coming out of his mouth.

Agreed, he will say anything to cover his ass. He knows he has made a lot of big mistakes and has this team in the gutter. I wonder what other GMs are saying now.....maybe "TD is finally getting what his egotiscal ass deserves". I KNOW Cowher and Rooney are getting a big laugh out of this.
          Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 10-27-2004, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

You guys ***** and moan that TD doesn't try to trade Henry

And when it comes out that it was tried, you guys still ***** and moan. I guess 1-5 will do that yo ya.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

You guys ***** and moan that TD doesn't try to trade Henry

And when it comes out that it was tried, you guys still ***** and moan. I guess 1-5 will do that yo ya.
              You missed the point. We don't believe he tried. Big difference.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

If that's the case then....nothing the guy does is going to make ya happy....lol

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  If that's the case then....nothing the guy does is going to make ya happy....lol
                  If he put a winning team on the field, that would make me happy. So far after 4 years he hasn't, so I'm not happy.

Comment

• FTG
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                    If he put a winning team on the field, that would make me happy. So far after 4 years he hasn't, so I'm not happy.

You're being pretty unreasonable if you expect progress after only 4 years.
                    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Billzz
                      • Sep 2003

He sounds like a putz. He should run for a political office.

I swear he never actually anwsers a question directly but just deflects them into other things.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                        i was going to say the same thing.. that was a prefect answer.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• jeffhcb
                          • Oct 2004

FTG, you have to be out of your mind. "Progress after 4 years?" The Bills are probably going to go 3 and 13 this year, which was (remind me again) the same record he started with.

If you're willing to just give this guy a pass after 4 years, god bless you. Since Donahoe's tenure began the Bills have won the fewest games of any team in the AFC. Yes that is a fact. Look it up.

We're also strapped with a team of overpaid name players that simply don't produce anything but ticket sales.

TD cares about one thing, and one thing only TD. Every move this guy makes is an attempt to either boost or protect his fragile, pathetic ego. He admits none of his mistakes and brushes away conventional wisdom in an effort to show everyone that he's some sort of genius.

Now that the team is in shambles, with very little hope of getting better next year he still talks down to the fans as if we're a bunch of morons.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                            They DID try hard to Trade Henry. He didn't say that flat out, but he did imply it.

I just listened to it. He never said any such thing, or anything even close to it.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                              • Jan 2003

Lets say TD "did try" his best to make the Bills a contender. He still failed. As far as Im concerned his "biggest" mistakes were

1. Bringing Drew here. Not all of us could see this as being a mistake but does that excuse the GM of a Pro football team who does this for a living ? I mean we the fans are not supposed to be as smart as a teams GM and president. We hear it all the time that a GM/President cannot run his team by what the fans want and succeed. So if anyone gets a pass here it's the fans. Drew at his best needs everything to be perfect for him to succeed. TD brought Drew here and failed to put him in a position to win. IE putting the Berlin wall in front of him. TD failed miserably to put the proper protection in front of his pocket passer.

2. Failing to admit that #1 was a mistake after it became clear it was.

3. Failing to hire a head coach that could run this team. The team hasn't had any discipline in years. We have been watching the same product for 3 years now even though the faces change. No discipline, disorganized and confused.
                              Penaltys, penaltys, penaltys. This group needs something other than a rookie coach. Unfortunatly TD's ego doesn't seem to let him hire anything else.

4. Bringing in another top flight running back without taking care of that offensive line. The Bills already had a 1500 yard back for 2 years and TD brought in another premiere runner in Willis Mcgahee. We now have a running back controversy yet we havent scored a TD via the run in 37 quarters. How much more proof do we need this was a mistake. No line = no short yardage/goal line running game.

He has brought in talent IMO. However lack of offensive leadership and coaching has made the offense and special teams look terrible over his tenure. Making Willis a 1st round pick may turn out good in a couple years. However it did nothing to make the Bills better for 2003/2004.Something he really needed to accomplish.

TD's record is failing grade IMO.
                              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X