PDA

View Full Version : Audio: Tom Dohahoe on Simoncast 10/27/04

JJamezz
10-27-2004, 03:26 PM
LISTEN (http://www.billszone.com/media/audio/Empire-102704-TomDonahoe.mp3)

Tatonka
10-27-2004, 03:40 PM
cant listen at work.. what did the toolbox say?

LtBillsFan66
10-27-2004, 03:45 PM
They DID try hard to Trade Henry. He didn't say that flat out, but he did imply it.

Jan Reimers
10-27-2004, 03:46 PM
I know he was lying...there were words coming out of his mouth.

Mr. Cynical
10-27-2004, 04:24 PM
I know he was lying...there were words coming out of his mouth.:rofl:

Agreed, he will say anything to cover his ass. He knows he has made a lot of big mistakes and has this team in the gutter. I wonder what other GMs are saying now.....maybe "TD is finally getting what his egotiscal ass deserves". I KNOW Cowher and Rooney are getting a big laugh out of this.

Dozerdog
10-27-2004, 04:29 PM
:rofl:

You guys ***** and moan that TD doesn't try to trade Henry

And when it comes out that it was tried, you guys still ***** and moan. I guess 1-5 will do that yo ya.

Mr. Cynical
10-27-2004, 04:34 PM
:rofl:

You guys ***** and moan that TD doesn't try to trade Henry

And when it comes out that it was tried, you guys still ***** and moan. I guess 1-5 will do that yo ya.
You missed the point. We don't believe he tried. Big difference.

Dozerdog
10-27-2004, 04:36 PM
If that's the case then....nothing the guy does is going to make ya happy....lol

Mr. Cynical
10-27-2004, 04:37 PM
If that's the case then....nothing the guy does is going to make ya happy....lol
If he put a winning team on the field, that would make me happy. So far after 4 years he hasn't, so I'm not happy.

FTG
10-27-2004, 04:46 PM
If he put a winning team on the field, that would make me happy. So far after 4 years he hasn't, so I'm not happy.

You're being pretty unreasonable if you expect progress after only 4 years. :D

Billzz
10-27-2004, 04:59 PM
He sounds like a putz. He should run for a political office.

I swear he never actually anwsers a question directly but just deflects them into other things.

Tatonka
10-27-2004, 07:08 PM

i was going to say the same thing.. that was a prefect answer.

jeffhcb
10-27-2004, 07:56 PM
FTG, you have to be out of your mind. "Progress after 4 years?" The Bills are probably going to go 3 and 13 this year, which was (remind me again) the same record he started with.

If you're willing to just give this guy a pass after 4 years, god bless you. Since Donahoe's tenure began the Bills have won the fewest games of any team in the AFC. Yes that is a fact. Look it up.

We're also strapped with a team of overpaid name players that simply don't produce anything but ticket sales.

TD cares about one thing, and one thing only TD. Every move this guy makes is an attempt to either boost or protect his fragile, pathetic ego. He admits none of his mistakes and brushes away conventional wisdom in an effort to show everyone that he's some sort of genius.

Now that the team is in shambles, with very little hope of getting better next year he still talks down to the fans as if we're a bunch of morons.

Turf
10-27-2004, 10:08 PM
They DID try hard to Trade Henry. He didn't say that flat out, but he did imply it.

I just listened to it. He never said any such thing, or anything even close to it.

Billz_fan
10-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Lets say TD "did try" his best to make the Bills a contender. He still failed. As far as Im concerned his "biggest" mistakes were

1. Bringing Drew here. Not all of us could see this as being a mistake but does that excuse the GM of a Pro football team who does this for a living ? I mean we the fans are not supposed to be as smart as a teams GM and president. We hear it all the time that a GM/President cannot run his team by what the fans want and succeed. So if anyone gets a pass here it's the fans. Drew at his best needs everything to be perfect for him to succeed. TD brought Drew here and failed to put him in a position to win. IE putting the Berlin wall in front of him. TD failed miserably to put the proper protection in front of his pocket passer.

2. Failing to admit that #1 was a mistake after it became clear it was.

3. Failing to hire a head coach that could run this team. The team hasn't had any discipline in years. We have been watching the same product for 3 years now even though the faces change. No discipline, disorganized and confused.
Penaltys, penaltys, penaltys. This group needs something other than a rookie coach. Unfortunatly TD's ego doesn't seem to let him hire anything else.

4. Bringing in another top flight running back without taking care of that offensive line. The Bills already had a 1500 yard back for 2 years and TD brought in another premiere runner in Willis Mcgahee. We now have a running back controversy yet we havent scored a TD via the run in 37 quarters. How much more proof do we need this was a mistake. No line = no short yardage/goal line running game.

He has brought in talent IMO. However lack of offensive leadership and coaching has made the offense and special teams look terrible over his tenure. Making Willis a 1st round pick may turn out good in a couple years. However it did nothing to make the Bills better for 2003/2004.Something he really needed to accomplish.

TD's record is failing grade IMO.

Tatonka
10-27-2004, 11:04 PM
things of note..

TD seemed like the vincent to FS is something that the coaches are talking about.

TD said that they contacted EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE prior to the trade deadline.. and no one called about henry... turf, i am not sure how you missed that.

TD just had to make a point to say that we have the right coach. funny.. i agree right now.. but just funny that he has to start mentioning that already.

Turf
10-27-2004, 11:20 PM
things of note..

TD seemed like the vincent to FS is something that the coaches are talking about.

TD said that they contacted EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE prior to the trade deadline.. and no one called about henry... turf, i am not sure how you missed that.

TD just had to make a point to say that we have the right coach. funny.. i agree right now.. but just funny that he has to start mentioning that already.
When he was asked the question, he said something to the effect that they always look for trades and nothing involving any player was there for them. He never implied he tried to trade Travis, not even remotely.
If any one wants to listen to it again and type the actual words out feel free, it's not for me. I know what I heard.

Tatonka
10-27-2004, 11:26 PM
question - "now i am curious.. the trade deadline was a week ago or so.. did you get any offers for travis, or did anybody call with any trade possiblilties.. or were the phones dead."

TD - "we did not get one call.. we called, prior to the trading deadline, we called every team in the league, just to see what was going on, to see if there were any names out there, but come monday and tuesday, the week of the trading deadline, we did not receive one call."

they called to shop travis.. to see if any teams had any names, possilby a player for player trade.. but no one called about henry.

that is what i got from it.

juice
10-27-2004, 11:28 PM
things of note..

I think they will try to just get healthy in the defensive backfield.. Mcgee seems a little overmatched at times when he has to go Man Up.. Milloy needs to be a more disruptive force, strip the ball or jar it loose.

If TD says he called everyone, I guess thats his word, but for no one to call back, seems a little unusual.

TD giving the Dreaded vote of Confidence, It seems like more people are calling for his head than Mularky's.. There's no way he can turn MM into this years fallguy after only one season.. Drew and Travis will have that honor.. kind of serves Them right for not speaking up for R. Brown.

Turf
10-27-2004, 11:33 PM
question - "now i am curious.. the trade deadline was a week ago or so.. did you get any offers for travis, or did anybody call with any trade possiblilties.. or were the phones dead."

TD - "we did not get one call.. we called, prior to the trading deadline, we called every team in the league, just to see what was going on, to see if there were any names out there, but come monday and tuesday, the week of the trading deadline, we did not receive one call."

they called to shop travis.. to see if any teams had any names, possilby a player for player trade.. but no one called about henry.

that is what i got from it.

or did anybody call with any trade possiblilties..

This does not imply Travis.
There is no way a GM with any brains after a trade deadline has come and gone will say he tried to trade a popular player. He answered the question in his usual vague regard..... in other words, there were no trades involving anyone available.
To take something so flimsy, and against common sense, and to say that TD admitted he was shopping Travis is sensationalism at it's best.
Do I think he was? I'm sure he was interested. Will he come out and say he was? NO. Why? What purpose at this point in time would it serve?

LtBillsFan66
10-27-2004, 11:45 PM
I just listened to it. He never said any such thing, or anything even close to it.
Are you deaf?

About 4/5 the way through, he was asked directly "the trade deadline passed a week or so ago. Did anyone call or did you get any trade offers for Travis?"

TD: "We didn't get one call. Prior to the deadline, we called every team in the league. Just to see what was going on. But come the deadline, we didn't get any calls."

Turf
10-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Are you deaf?

About 4/5 the way through, he was asked directly "the trade deadline passed a week or so ago. Did anyone call or did you get any trade offers for Travis?"

TD: "We didn't get one call. Prior to the deadline, we called every team in the league. Just to see what was going on. But come the deadline, we didn't get any calls."

If Tatonka said that he'd be banned now.

NO, I'M NOT DEAF. AND YOU'RE REACHING.

Pass me another beer.

Tatonka
10-28-2004, 12:02 AM
It Tatonka said that he'd be banned now.

NO, I'M NOT DEAF. AND YOU'RE REACHING.

Pass me another beer.

:rofl: so true.. i would be asked to take another "vacation".

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2004, 12:07 AM

that is what i got from it.This is interesting actually. I can see how this can be taken two ways because the question uses the word "or":

did you get any offers for travis, or did anybody call with any trade possiblilties..

What would the difference be between "getting an offer" and "calling with a trade possibility"? If you look at it, it would be a redundant question unless the second part was more general, i.e., any trade possibilities period for any player.

I dunno which interpretation is correct, but I can see how it is confusing.

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2004, 12:08 AM
:rofl: so true.. i would be asked to take another "vacation".:welcome:

Did you at least get a tan while you were away? :;

Tatonka
10-28-2004, 12:09 AM
well.. as far as i know.. i have never been wrong.. so..

Tatonka
10-28-2004, 12:09 AM
oh.. wait.. coy wire..

ok.. so i was wrong once.

:snicker:

Tatonka
10-28-2004, 12:11 AM
:welcome:

Did you at least get a tan while you were away? :;

no.. but i did get some sleep for once.

i mean.. seriously.. what the hell are we doing up at 1 am on a wednesday night reading about a 1-5 football team with no hope this year?

cuz i am a dedicated fricken moron.. that is why.. something is wrong with me in the brain.

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2004, 12:13 AM
no.. but i did get some sleep for once.

i mean.. seriously.. what the hell are we doing up at 1 am on a wednesday night reading about a 1-5 football team with no hope this year?

cuz i am a dedicated fricken moron.. that is why.. something is wrong with me in the brain.
Yep, we are all :crazy:

Turf
10-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Count me in, true fan, no glitz. Call it like I see it. This offensive line sucks. Drew is next.

Turf
10-28-2004, 12:24 AM
BTW, I think the operative word in this TD arguement is...

ANY, did you get ANY offers.

Common sense everyone. C'mon. Why would he say he tried to trade Travis after the deadline?
He was just wiggling out of another direct answer.
He's TD, his head blocks the sun.