X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalofan
    • Jul 2002

MULARKEY MUST GO !!

This co-starting running back thing is ridiculous. Mike Mularkey is turning this team into the laughing stock of the NFL. His inability to make a decision on the position is a pitiful example of a Head Coach in this league. My guess is that the man doesnt have the guts to tell one of these guys that the other is the starter. Two starting running backs is one too many .. its like having two starting goalies in hockey. All he is doing is fueling a running back controversy that doesnt need to be there. I am sure there is dessension in the locker room over this and I guarantee it has an effect on the team. Personally I think Travis should be the starter but thats just my opinion. Either way, name one guy the starter and stick with your decision. If this is a sign of things to come from Mularkey then we are in for a long couple of seasons until Ralph has enough of this clown. Hes already called him out publically about his boring offense, next step will (should) be a pink slip. People are quick to blame Bledsoe for the teams poor start this year but I say look at the Head Coach as well. But I guess thats what you get when the GM hires his buddies instead of a real coach. What a joke !
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Buffalofan
    This co-starting running back thing is ridiculous. Mike Mularkey is turning this team into the laughing stock of the NFL. His inability to make a decision on the position is a pitiful example of a Head Coach in this league. My guess is that the man doesnt have the guts to tell one of these guys that the other is the starter. Two starting running backs is one too many .. its like having two starting goalies in hockey. All he is doing is fueling a running back controversy that doesnt need to be there. I am sure there is dessension in the locker room over this and I guarantee it has an effect on the team. Personally I think Travis should be the starter but thats just my opinion. Either way, name one guy the starter and stick with your decision. If this is a sign of things to come from Mularkey then we are in for a long couple of seasons until Ralph has enough of this clown. Hes already called him out publically about his boring offense, next step will (should) be a pink slip. People are quick to blame Bledsoe for the teams poor start this year but I say look at the Head Coach as well. But I guess thats what you get when the GM hires his buddies instead of a real coach. What a joke !

Couldn't agree more. (except for the part about starting Travis....MM should start WM imo)

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

We should've seen this coming.

Think Bettis and Zereoue in Pissburgh last season.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

This is truly a sad, sad development. To be honest, if you look at MM's press conference from Monday, I think he sounds/looks like a lifeless robot. Seriously, I was not impressed at all. Look at guys like Tice, Lewis, Fox, Del Rio, Gruden....all young rookie coaches who have fire shooting out from there mouths. I'm really beginning to think we got a dud. This last spineless move is proof. He is nothing more than a TD yes man.

Remember when McNally came in? He said (paraphrasing) that since the expectations of the line were so high he felt he couldn't make any "major" changes. That probably came from MM, which probably then came from TD.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Agreed, the entire coaching staff is nothing more than a marionette of Donahoe. He pulls all the strings as to what they can and cannot say.

Comment

• FTG
            • Aug 2004

I can't believe Ralph let Donahoe give this dope a 5 year contract.
            Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Decadeofthe90's
              • Sep 2004

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and count to ten......Be patient. I think it is way to early to judge MM,his staff and TD. Lets take a trip down memory lane, back to 2000. We were in terrible salarycap trouble, we did not have a NFL QB on our roster and our "D" sucked.Then TD came to save us. I and eveybody else were extremly happy that we aquired Drew(it was a good move at that time), TD got us out of salarycap hell, and gave us a top 5 "D" . TD has drafted Nate Clements, Jonas, Travis, Schoebel,(all in his first draft),Mcgahee,Kelsay(he will be good),Kevin Thomas, and Terrance Mcgee(both good and upcoming)and JP and Lee Evans...those players will help this team but we must be patient.As far as MM goes..Who cares what he says or how he says it during a pressconfrence. The best coach in this leauge has no personality during his pressconfrences. What I look at is what adjustments, if any (remember Greg Williams staff) does the coaching staff make at halftime. I have noticed that we have made adjustments after each half this season. As far as this two starter thing with the RB's, I think MM did the right thing. Both RB's are starters and in the game of football, being the starter means playing on the first snap. So why even name either one of them a starter and have the other one pissed.I know alot of people will say WM deserves to start but he doesnt. He has earned up to half of the carries. Travis is still faster than Mcgahee and hits the hole much faster, Willis is more patient and more versitile, but when Willis gave up on that INT that showed something. So what is wrong with naming both of them the starter?Drew is our biggest problem and our O-Line is our second biggest problem. Not the coaches. Next year we will have JP starting, our O-Line better get some attention during the offseason, Moulds, Evans and Reed as our WR's, Tim Euhus and Cambell as our TE's and Willis as our starting RB. We will still have our "D" intact and we will start to win some games(WITH TD AND MM AND HIS STAFF) BUT NO DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE PLAYERS PLAY THE GAME...
              Last edited by Decadeofthe90's; 10-27-2004, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

This is where you lost me.

Originally posted by Decadeofthe90's
                Travis is still faster than Mcgahee and hits the hole much faster, Willis is more patient and more versitile.
                Travis does not come close to possessing WM's speed. That is one of the reasons Willis is preferre by many. Travis doesn't hit the hole fast - he hits the line fast; big difference. Patience, in this case, is a good thing, especially when the runner can turn on a burst the way WM can.

Comment

• Decadeofthe90's
                  • Sep 2004

WM doesnt have that burst yet..He may get it anytime now but he doesnt have it yet.

Comment

• Demon
                    • Mar 2003

I can give Mularkey another chance. I just PRAY that Donahoe is gone. I am NOT paying for another ticket if he stays. I already bought 2 in the off-season and any extra i buy will be from fans who don't want to go. Eff Donahoe. I hate the way he talks. Every time he talks on TV or radio seems like he thinks hes better then everyone and talks to the fans like we're kids. He ruined Bills football......... Donahoe...... you are the weakest link ! Go back to Pittsburgh.
                    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

i am NOT down on MM yet.. i will give him the year.

alot of you promised to do the same.. but apparently have changed your minds.. you mine as well get used to him.. because he is here for 3 years MINIMUM.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

alot of you promised to do the same.. but apparently have changed your minds.. you mine as well get used to him.. because he is here for 3 years MINIMUM.
                        And you better get used to Tom Donahoe as he is here for 1-2 years at the minimum.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Tatonka

Only if we see a radical improvement next year. He has added talent this year and we are still regressing. Next year he better turn the ship around in a major way or him and TD are gone.

Comment

• Bills 4 life
                            • Oct 2004

I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE CAN BE DOWN ON MIKE MULARKEY..

PRIME EXAMPLE....JACK DEL RIO!
                            WHAT WAS HIS RECORD LAST YEAR?

ONE THING THAT DID PUZZLE ME WAS WHEN THE BILLS TRIED SO HARD TO GET JASON GILDON THEN CUT HIM..NOW HE IS WITH JAX AND I PROMISE YOU THAT HE WILL HAVE AN IMPACT!
                            "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"

Buffalo Bills fans- "We're all we got"

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Bills 4 life
                              I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE CAN BE DOWN ON MIKE MULARKEY..

PRIME EXAMPLE....JACK DEL RIO!
                              WHAT WAS HIS RECORD LAST YEAR?

ONE THING THAT DID PUZZLE ME WAS WHEN THE BILLS TRIED SO HARD TO GET JASON GILDON THEN CUT HIM..NOW HE IS WITH JAX AND I PROMISE YOU THAT HE WILL HAVE AN IMPACT!

Mularkey has more talent than GW had last year yet our record is worse so far.

That says it all to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X