PDA

View Full Version : MULARKEY MUST GO !!

Buffalofan
10-27-2004, 04:04 PM
This co-starting running back thing is ridiculous. Mike Mularkey is turning this team into the laughing stock of the NFL. His inability to make a decision on the position is a pitiful example of a Head Coach in this league. My guess is that the man doesnt have the guts to tell one of these guys that the other is the starter. Two starting running backs is one too many .. its like having two starting goalies in hockey. All he is doing is fueling a running back controversy that doesnt need to be there. I am sure there is dessension in the locker room over this and I guarantee it has an effect on the team. Personally I think Travis should be the starter but thats just my opinion. Either way, name one guy the starter and stick with your decision. If this is a sign of things to come from Mularkey then we are in for a long couple of seasons until Ralph has enough of this clown. Hes already called him out publically about his boring offense, next step will (should) be a pink slip. People are quick to blame Bledsoe for the teams poor start this year but I say look at the Head Coach as well. But I guess thats what you get when the GM hires his buddies instead of a real coach. What a joke !

Mr. Cynical
10-27-2004, 04:08 PM
This co-starting running back thing is ridiculous. Mike Mularkey is turning this team into the laughing stock of the NFL. His inability to make a decision on the position is a pitiful example of a Head Coach in this league. My guess is that the man doesnt have the guts to tell one of these guys that the other is the starter. Two starting running backs is one too many .. its like having two starting goalies in hockey. All he is doing is fueling a running back controversy that doesnt need to be there. I am sure there is dessension in the locker room over this and I guarantee it has an effect on the team. Personally I think Travis should be the starter but thats just my opinion. Either way, name one guy the starter and stick with your decision. If this is a sign of things to come from Mularkey then we are in for a long couple of seasons until Ralph has enough of this clown. Hes already called him out publically about his boring offense, next step will (should) be a pink slip. People are quick to blame Bledsoe for the teams poor start this year but I say look at the Head Coach as well. But I guess thats what you get when the GM hires his buddies instead of a real coach. What a joke !
:bf1:

Couldn't agree more. (except for the part about starting Travis....MM should start WM imo)

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2004, 04:23 PM
We should've seen this coming.

Think Bettis and Zereoue in Pissburgh last season. :mad:

Mr. Cynical
10-27-2004, 04:35 PM
This is truly a sad, sad development. To be honest, if you look at MM's press conference from Monday, I think he sounds/looks like a lifeless robot. Seriously, I was not impressed at all. Look at guys like Tice, Lewis, Fox, Del Rio, Gruden....all young rookie coaches who have fire shooting out from there mouths. I'm really beginning to think we got a dud. This last spineless move is proof. He is nothing more than a TD yes man.

Remember when McNally came in? He said (paraphrasing) that since the expectations of the line were so high he felt he couldn't make any "major" changes. That probably came from MM, which probably then came from TD.

Iehoshua
10-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Agreed, the entire coaching staff is nothing more than a marionette of Donahoe. He pulls all the strings as to what they can and cannot say.

FTG
10-27-2004, 04:48 PM
I can't believe Ralph let Donahoe give this dope a 5 year contract.

Decadeofthe90's
10-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and count to ten......Be patient. I think it is way to early to judge MM,his staff and TD. Lets take a trip down memory lane, back to 2000. We were in terrible salarycap trouble, we did not have a NFL QB on our roster and our "D" sucked.Then TD came to save us. I and eveybody else were extremly happy that we aquired Drew(it was a good move at that time), TD got us out of salarycap hell, and gave us a top 5 "D" . TD has drafted Nate Clements, Jonas, Travis, Schoebel,(all in his first draft),Mcgahee,Kelsay(he will be good),Kevin Thomas, and Terrance Mcgee(both good and upcoming)and JP and Lee Evans...those players will help this team but we must be patient.As far as MM goes..Who cares what he says or how he says it during a pressconfrence. The best coach in this leauge has no personality during his pressconfrences. What I look at is what adjustments, if any (remember Greg Williams staff) does the coaching staff make at halftime. I have noticed that we have made adjustments after each half this season. As far as this two starter thing with the RB's, I think MM did the right thing. Both RB's are starters and in the game of football, being the starter means playing on the first snap. So why even name either one of them a starter and have the other one pissed.I know alot of people will say WM deserves to start but he doesnt. He has earned up to half of the carries. Travis is still faster than Mcgahee and hits the hole much faster, Willis is more patient and more versitile, but when Willis gave up on that INT that showed something. So what is wrong with naming both of them the starter?Drew is our biggest problem and our O-Line is our second biggest problem. Not the coaches. Next year we will have JP starting, our O-Line better get some attention during the offseason, Moulds, Evans and Reed as our WR's, Tim Euhus and Cambell as our TE's and Willis as our starting RB. We will still have our "D" intact and we will start to win some games(WITH TD AND MM AND HIS STAFF) BUT NO DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE PLAYERS PLAY THE GAME...

Jeff1220
10-27-2004, 06:11 PM
This is where you lost me.

Travis is still faster than Mcgahee and hits the hole much faster, Willis is more patient and more versitile.

Travis does not come close to possessing WM's speed. That is one of the reasons Willis is preferre by many. Travis doesn't hit the hole fast - he hits the line fast; big difference. Patience, in this case, is a good thing, especially when the runner can turn on a burst the way WM can.

Decadeofthe90's
10-27-2004, 06:25 PM
WM doesnt have that burst yet..He may get it anytime now but he doesnt have it yet.

Demon
10-27-2004, 06:32 PM
I can give Mularkey another chance. I just PRAY that Donahoe is gone. I am NOT paying for another ticket if he stays. I already bought 2 in the off-season and any extra i buy will be from fans who don't want to go. Eff Donahoe. I hate the way he talks. Every time he talks on TV or radio seems like he thinks hes better then everyone and talks to the fans like we're kids. He ruined Bills football......... Donahoe...... you are the weakest link ! Go back to Pittsburgh.

Tatonka
10-27-2004, 06:55 PM
i am NOT down on MM yet.. i will give him the year.

alot of you promised to do the same.. but apparently have changed your minds.. you mine as well get used to him.. because he is here for 3 years MINIMUM.

Michael82
10-27-2004, 08:42 PM

alot of you promised to do the same.. but apparently have changed your minds.. you mine as well get used to him.. because he is here for 3 years MINIMUM.
And you better get used to Tom Donahoe as he is here for 1-2 years at the minimum.

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2004, 08:52 PM

Only if we see a radical improvement next year. He has added talent this year and we are still regressing. Next year he better turn the ship around in a major way or him and TD are gone.

Bills 4 life
10-27-2004, 08:53 PM
I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE CAN BE DOWN ON MIKE MULARKEY..

PRIME EXAMPLE....JACK DEL RIO!
WHAT WAS HIS RECORD LAST YEAR?

ONE THING THAT DID PUZZLE ME WAS WHEN THE BILLS TRIED SO HARD TO GET JASON GILDON THEN CUT HIM..NOW HE IS WITH JAX AND I PROMISE YOU THAT HE WILL HAVE AN IMPACT!

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2004, 08:55 PM

ONE THING THAT DID PUZZLE ME WAS WHEN THE BILLS TRIED SO HARD TO GET JASON GILDON THEN CUT HIM..NOW HE IS WITH JAX AND I PROMISE YOU THAT HE WILL HAVE AN IMPACT!

Mularkey has more talent than GW had last year yet our record is worse so far.

That says it all to me.

Kenny
10-27-2004, 08:59 PM

Gildong will have little or no impact. He was terrible when he was with us, and the only reason JAX picked him up is because of all their injuries at the DE position (Gildong will probably be a situational pass rusher).

As Jack Del Rio's record last year? Not a fair comparision, because on paper, we possess superior players (and hence a better team). I think it might be fair to say that we're the biggest UNDERachievers in the league.

DaBills
10-27-2004, 09:08 PM
You gotta give the guy more than 1/2 a year. ****, we gave Gregg "well-prepared for an interview" Williams three!

This thread seems to be anti-MM and anti-TD.

My only knock on Mularkey is that he seems to want to be a player's coach. No, I didn't play in the NFL so I have no clue what it's like to get the respect of those guys – but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

There was a segment on the NFL Network where Drew was wired for a game. As the game is over, he's running off with the other team's QB in the tunnel and you hear Drew go "Yeah, blah, blah, I like Mularkey. He doesn't yell."

And he tells me stories at bedtime too.

In listening to the press conference Monday, MM sounded almost in denial about the fact that Drew may even be slightly part of the problem. "Replace him? Why. There is not even any talk of that around here." I appreciate sticking up for your guys, but dude, c'mon. No one mentioned benching Drew at all? (Funny how DB is so untouchable that he is above benching his whole time here. Every other position we have 'competition' for, yet not QB. Hmmm. What other player on this team has that kind of security?)

A for TD, I say there may be a case for TD to move on. No stats off the top of my head, I'm just pissed off aboout two big things:

1. They say he had great skill in drafts

Yeah we got Jonas, Willis, Clements, Aaron, and co. (Jonas IMO is solid on run blocking, but his pass blocking is suspect and his penalties are annually killing drives. And so on for the others.)

BUT, is this just a reflection of the fact our record has been so lousy for 5-6 years that a better draft position was inevitable? Couldn't a monkey with blinders on have made the same picks? Wow, we had holes in the secondary, hmmm, I know, draft Clements, (or Smoot, or Allen that year.) Wow, that was a hard one.

I am also tired of the rep he has whereby he seems to get great value at lower rounds. Can we stop bargain hunting and get some serious talent???? Yeah I know players like Tom Brady or Terrell Davis went very late in the drafts. Kurt Warner was undrafted I believe.

We can all find examples of diamonds in the rough, it just seems like that's what TD has tried to do every draft. The O-line, except for MW, has been blatantly ignored for years in the draft. Getting FA vets that haven't panned out or are injured is wearing thin. And getting a whole new coaching staff in to address 'teaching' them has really paid off - NOT.

2. Picking a rookie coach - TWICE

I'm all for guys being given their chance, but after GW, we needed vet leadership. MM may be a great guy, but I don't see how you put the fans through three years of GW, (after Wade brought down the ship), then turn around and say, hmmm, let's do it again.

In my 20/30 hindsight, I would have preferred Spurrier in here. At least Spurrier played QB and might better 'fix' Drew through a strong pass attack than the BLAND-BLAND-BLAND offensive 'miracle-worker' MM has done for Slash.

jeffhcb
10-27-2004, 09:37 PM
You are mostly right with this post.

I hope that you were kidding when you said that MM was a Miracle worker for slash and even more so when you said "its never Drew's fault."

If I hear one more time about how great Drew Bledsoe used to be and how we need to "revive him" as if he's the 6 million dollar man, I think I may vomit. Where do all these folks get their information? Does no one actually look at the data? Can anyone tell me Drew's career QB rating? Anyone? Anyone? Here's an idea...let's look it up. By golly! It's 76. Is that the QB rating of an elite QB? Let's take a look at Drew's career W-L record against winning teams. How about his putrid playoff record as a professional? Even worse. No, I am not kidding.

Here's a news flash for you. Drew was never that good. He had two good years in New England and that was with one of the best football coaches ever, one of the best Tight Ends ever and one of the best RBs ever.

As for Donahoe...the man makes me ill. Its kind of like the situation of an addict or an alcoholic, you must first face the reality that you have a problem. This guy admits NONE of his mistakes. And he has made MANY. In fact, I struggle to think of the last good move he's made. I"m not talking about brining in some overpaid big name veteran. I'm talking about something that will build this team for the future.

The man has the most fragile pathetic ego. Every move he makes is to either pump it up or protect it. And the way he talks down to the public as if he knows so much more about football than all of them; are we not watching the same games. Statistics do not lie Tom. And you my friend have led our beloved team to the worst record of any team in the AFC since your arrival. And don't try to say we're getting better, because we're not. We were 6 and 10 last year, and we'll be 3 and 13 or so this year.

Let's just all hope that Ralph comes to grip with himself and has the courage to do what's right. God knows TD doesn't.

DaBills
10-27-2004, 10:17 PM
"I hope that you were kidding when you said that MM was a Miracle worker for slash and even more so when you said "its never Drew's fault." "

'Never Drew's fault' seems to always be the mantra of Drew Nation. I'm not a citizen.

;-]

As far as Slash, that's what a lot of fans and media had said about MM. That he was responsible for Kordell's resurgance. Whatever. He's playing where now?

The feeling was that he could turn Drew around. I fell for that line too.

;-]

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-27-2004, 11:27 PM
We've been in every game this season so far the mistakes have just cost us it's not Mularkey Jacksonville Lost 10-13 (I still say that was no touchdown)
Sep 19 @Oakland Lost 10-13 Refs blew the game for us Travis Henry was in the endzone for a touchdown
Week 3 BYE
Oct 3 New England Lost 17-31 Tied at 17 at halftime
Oct 10 @N.Y. Jets Lost 14-16 Had the lead 14-13
Oct 17 Miami Won 20-13
Oct 24 @Baltimore Lost 6-20 If we would've scored those 3 TD's we would've won

I like Mularkey and I'm not giving up on him he's never been a HC before give him a chance. You think our team is bad here's an example look at the NFC Division Champion Carolina Panthers this is a team that was in the SB and they're record is 1-5 also. Oh and I support Tom Donahoe 100% he's alot better than the late fat butterball Butler who didn't want the duty to get us out of the Salary Cap jail that he got us into Tom Donahoe did get us out of SC mess.

Turf
10-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Just one eeny teeny little bitty problem.

A FIVE YEAR DEAL WHICH IS MORE THAN THE OWNER EVER PAID ANYONE.

Mike isn't going anywhere soon. And really, Mike isn't the problem, though I don't agree with hiring another rookie head coach.

Mr. Cynical
10-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Lets take a trip down memory lane, back to 2000. We were in terrible salarycap trouble, we did not have a NFL QB on our roster and our "D" sucked.
Actually our "D" was ranked #3 in 2000. :D

Stewie
10-28-2004, 08:18 AM
In my 20/30 hindsight, I would have preferred Spurrier in here. At least Spurrier played QB and might better 'fix' Drew through a strong pass attack than the BLAND-BLAND-BLAND offensive 'miracle-worker' MM has done for Slash.

:roflmao: Spurrier? You've got to be kidding. He didn't want to put in the time to be a decent coach, let alone a good one. You think Ramsey was sacked a lot under Spurriers protection scheme? LOL with Drew back there he'd be the first quarterback to get sacked on more than 50% of his pass attempts.

Stewie
10-28-2004, 08:21 AM
You think our team is bad here's an example look at the NFC Division Champion Carolina Panthers this is a team that was in the SB and they're record is 1-5 also.

Carolina has lost their:

#1 WR
#1 RB
#2 RB
#1 DT
#2 DT

I'd venture to guess that if we lost Moulds, Travis, Willis, Adams and Williams we'd be 0-6 and not even close in most of the games.

Turf
10-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Carolina has lost their:

#1 WR
#1 RB
#2 RB
#1 DT
#2 DT

I'd venture to guess that if we lost Moulds, Travis, Willis, Adams and Williams we'd be 0-6 and not even close in most of the games.

And that's the scary part of this teams' stage. We have all our "stars", OK, Milloy has been hurt and and Vincent, but we are at the peak of our salary cap freedom, and we are really a bad team. If we lost Moulds we'd be 0-9 in week 6. That's the sorry state this frachise is in.

SABURZFAN
10-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Mike Mularkey is turning this team into the laughing stock of the NFL.

Donna Ho's already done that.

SABURZFAN
10-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Carolina has lost their:

#1 WR
#1 RB
#2 RB
#1 DT
#2 DT

i'd hate to even think about it.

DaBills
10-28-2004, 10:51 PM
"Spurrier? You've got to be kidding. He didn't want to put in the time to be a decent coach, let alone a good one. You think Ramsey was sacked a lot under Spurriers protection scheme? LOL with Drew back there he'd be the first quarterback to get sacked on more than 50% of his pass attempts."

TD's sales pitch was that MM would work wonders with Drew because of what he did in Piitsburgh. Not what blocking schemes he would use. That was supposed to be the job of the new group of 'teachers'. Grade - F

Spurrier favored a pssing attack. Who cares what blocking scheme he would have had either? That's not his primary focus, that's the O-line coach's.

Again, based on the brilliant job MM has done in bringing out Drew's 'best,' how can you say Spurrier would 've been worse?

Worse yet, Drew did better under Greg Williams. Now that sucks.