X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Vincint/McGee Backup Plan

Troy Vincint is Questionable and McGee might be doubtful for the Cards game, If Neither can go Sunday who should be the starter? Jabari Greer is next on the depth chart at LCB but has limited experience and might be going up against one of the most talented duos in the League at the WR position.

Kevin Thomas has seen more playing time at CB but is listed as Nate Clements Backup.

Thomas and Greer have seen limited action in Nickle and Prevent defensive situations.. If you had to make the call who do you think would be more effective against Bolden and Fitzgerald?
    Last edited by juice; 10-27-2004, 08:30 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Clements on Fitzy.

Boldin is coming off an injury, if its slowing him down a little, I think Thomas could handle him.

Thomas should start if McGee and TV are out. Greer in nickle.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Kenny
      • Aug 2004

I'd say Thomas (isnt he #4 on the depth chart anyways?)

And is Bolden playing this Sunday? I thought he still had that knee injury?

edit: nevermind... just saw the post above

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Thomas is #2 behind Nate at RCB,, Greer is #3 behind Vincint and McGee.

I think Bolden practiced today and barring any setbacks is expected to be available Sunday.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by juice
          Thomas is #2 behind Nate at RCB,, Greer is #3 behind Vincint and McGee.

I think Bolden practiced today and barring any setbacks is expected to be available Sunday.
          Whats wrong with McGee anyway?
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Bulldog
            Whats wrong with McGee anyway?
            McGee is listed as Questionable with a foot injury.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

Damn. McGee has been banged up a lot.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
                Damn. McGee has been banged up a lot.
                He pulls alot of ST duty, and you know how brutal that is. What type of foot injury does he have?

I'd rather have him available for KO returns if he can't go on Defense.. Thomas may have to run that LCB.

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

If McGee didn't practice today, I don't think he will have the lateral movement to be effective against the likes of Fitzgerald and Bolden.. I hope he's able to go on KO return, thats where he can make the Biggest impact without further Injuring himself.

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Bills Dailey says that McGee practiced Thurs. and will probably play, although he may not be available for return duty he should be able to start at Corner.

I hope his foot injury wont slow him in coverage, I think a healthy K. Thomas could hold down the CB spot if McGee isn't 100%.. that way he would be able to be the impact player on returns.

We'll be able to tell early if his bad wheel is effecting his play at CB.. Bolden and Fitzgerald will toast him early if he is hobbled.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I'd start Thomas. Boldin and Fitzgerald are big receivers. Thomas has more size than Greer. I'd be afraid Greer can't stand up physically at 169 pounds to the Cards' receivers, both of whom are over 200 lbs
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                      X