X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Second String

I was laying in bed a few minutes ago and as I flipped channels I saw the Bills uniforms. I stopped, of course, only to see an ad for a TNT movie called "Second String", starring Gil Bellows (QB) and Jon Voight (coach) dressed as Buffalo Bills!

This is what I got from the TNT website:

"Gil Bellows, Jon Voight, Richard T. Jones and Teri Polo star in the upcoming Turner Network Television (TNT) Original film SECOND STRING, a comedy-drama about a group of benchwarmers who go all the way to the Super Bowl®. Michael London executive-produces the two-hour film, which is being made with the cooperation of the National Football League. Rob Lieberman (Mighty Ducks 3, Fire In The Sky) will direct the film, from a script by Tom Flynn (Watch It).

In SECOND STRING, the Buffalo Bills' entire all-star offensive squad succumbs to a serious case of food poisoning and is out for the rest of the season, just one week before the playoffs. The Bills' coach (Voight) scrambles to bolster his second-string team, hiring a collection of cast-off players, including a former star Notre Dame quarterback (Bellows) and wide receiver (Jones). The team's road to the Super Bowl® is paved with mishaps, mistakes and miracles"

Anybody else hear about this? I guess I will watch just so I can see the Bills on TV this year (even if it is a made for tv movie).

You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Oh, I think it is on Nov. 23.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

yea, the ads have been on for about a week now, it looks like it will be a pretty bad movie, but i will watch it.

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I have been waitiing for this movie for about three years. I first heard about it a long time ago. I guess the major studios didn't want to put it out, so TNT bought the rights to it.

When the movie "The Replacements" came out, I thought that was the movie, because the uni's in teh Replacements were red, white, and blue. There were some NFL logo infringements, so I thought the studio made the changes.

I have heard about it, and am looking forward to it. But it just means more jokes from my friends, about the Bills inability to win the big one.

When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

I can't wait.

You guys starting to feel the destiny thing yet - like maybe the Bills could be this year's Cinderella team?
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• DIHARD2
            • Sep 2002

At least we got t to dance with the prettiest girl at the dance four times . That's something, a lot of those other teams have only wish they could do. Instead of just been wallflowers.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
            Last edited by DIHARD2; 11-13-2002, 01:20 AM.
            "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

It's on December 18th - one week away from Christmas on the dot.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

It was in the works many years ago....back when Flutie still played for us. Flutie and Donavan Greer are both in this movie. Nice to see it's finally just about on.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

It's made by a Buffalo native- Rob Lederman (sp?).

I remember when they were filming the crowd scenes at a Bills game (I think in 1998). I think it was a Miami game- they had all the Hollywood-esque film crew and equipment there. Does anyone else remember that?

This movie was stuck in limbo for eons- about thime they run it, even though it's out-dated with the Flutie reference and the old uniforms, etc.

I've heard decent reviews for it- it's a made-for-cable TV movie, so it ain't Gone With the Wind, but so what? It should be fun.
                  Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

eons huh?
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                      eons huh?
                      Yup- look it up, Thurman.
                      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

I know somebody who went to the premiere at the University at Buffalo...they told me that it is pretty corny and pretty bad. The stadium scenes look horrible and obviously staged.

Also, nobody I know of has ever had a case of food poisoning that lasted 7 weeks. Hiring ex-players off the street and getting them to gel in a pro system, be competitive and actually win a playoff game?? Very improbable story line. Admit it! If it were not the Bills would you watch this PoS?? DOUBT IT!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Judge
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          I know somebody who went to the premiere at the University at Buffalo...they told me that it is pretty corny and pretty bad. The stadium scenes look horrible and obviously staged.

Also, nobody I know of has ever had a case of food poisoning that lasted 7 weeks. Hiring ex-players off the street and getting them to gel in a pro system, be competitive and actually win a playoff game?? Very improbable story line. Admit it! If it were not the Bills would you watch this PoS?? DOUBT IT!!
                          That's why it's called a MOVIE, Einstein, I mean Ebeneezer!

Give me a break. With all the crappola on TV, why blast that movie?! It can't be any worse than the "TNT originals" previously aired, or the ESPN movies.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

I love POS movies. I'd watch. So would Miss B and Jaded, my fellow bad TV junkies.

Comment

• Judge
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              I love POS movies. I'd watch. So would Miss B and Jaded, my fellow bad TV junkies.
                              Can't argue w/ POS made-for-TV movies.

Comment

Working...
                              X