PDA

View Full Version : Here's something to ponder...

lordofgun
10-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Say Miami is the only team willing to give up a first-rounder for Travis Henry.

Do you make that trade if you're TD?

A2Wolves6
10-28-2004, 09:52 PM
If it's Miami's 2005 First round pick, and they are picking in the top 10, then yes!

juice
10-28-2004, 09:54 PM

That should have been a done deal before the season started.. I'd do it at season's end for their #1 overall pick once they go 1-15.

RedEyE
10-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Sure. They still won't have a QB.

How 'bout this:

Say Willis blows his knee out again just before the end of the season. Still deal Henry off?

dogg
10-28-2004, 10:07 PM
If Willis does enough to give us wins and remains the starter and good back, im not to sure travis will want to stick around anyway.

So i would say yeah we should get what we can for him.

But I think i would have to wait untill the end of the season to see what unfolds between travis and willis. Pretty much at this point anything could happen, Willis will have another chance to show what hes got this sunday.

I just cant see travis wanting to stay around if willis remains the starter.

lordofgun
10-28-2004, 10:24 PM
This might have been a stupid question since Miami would never give up the #1 or #2 overall pick for Travis.

I should have said if they were the only team that would give up a second-rounder (should be a very high second-rounder.)

The Natrix
10-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Without question. That's a top ten pick at the worst.

DaBills
10-28-2004, 10:42 PM
"Do you make that trade if you're TD?"

Not me. Drew from NE aside, let's not give Henry a huge chip on his shoulder by sending him in the same division to the fins. Twice a year he'll average 200 yards a game. Against us.

Having said that, I wait to make any kind of deal though until the the end of the season, precisely for the reason Redeye mentioned - what if WM gets hurt?

:nervous:

The King
10-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Sure. They still won't have a QB.

How 'bout this:

Say Willis blows his knee out again just before the end of the season. Still deal Henry off?

I dont know if you have a choice... If BUF commits to willis and he goes down dont think Travis will forget that, I know business is business but I would take it personal... I assume TH would as well.

Marvelous
10-28-2004, 10:52 PM
To Miami for a 2nd rounder= yes
esp if Miami's 2nd is high. We can Handle Henry twice a year imo.
Henry for Mcmichael straight up :couch:
Mcmike is a free agent but i'm sure they resign soon.

Marvelous
10-28-2004, 10:55 PM
I dont know if you have a choice... If BUF commits to willis and he goes down dont think Travis will forget that, I know business is business but I would take it personal... I assume TH would as well.

Henry is going to be bitter no matter what. The bottom line is us fans know he is good but we need better from the RB position IMO.

McGahee's catching excites me or Henry's lack of is a huge negative.

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Agreed...TH was bitter the second TD picked him and will always be bitter (justifiably so given the circumstances). Just wait until he leaves and I guarantee you he will finally speak his mind.

Cntrygal
10-29-2004, 09:19 AM
NO

TedMock
10-29-2004, 09:41 AM
For a first rounder this year? In a heartbeat. Otherwise I'd shop around.

Buffalofan
10-29-2004, 09:59 AM
There is no doubt in anyones mind that Travis is gone next year. I would prefer to see him out of the division but we are going to have to take what we can get. Mularkey has killed his trade value this year by not using him enough. All I can say is I hope Willis can stay healthy. If we trade Travis and Willis hurts that knee again then what? And I agree .. once Travis is gone he is going to tell the media what he really thinks of Mularkey, MaGahee and the Bills organization .. that should be interesting !

Ebenezer
10-29-2004, 10:15 AM

yes...no questions asked.

SABURZFAN
10-29-2004, 12:11 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
10-29-2004, 12:12 PM
How 'bout this:

yes

Kolbiss
10-29-2004, 12:17 PM
This might have been a stupid question since Miami would never give up the #1 or #2 overall pick for Travis.

I should have said if they were the only team that would give up a second-rounder (should be a very high second-rounder.)

They gave that up for Feeley!!! Good trade Miami :clap: