PDA

View Full Version : "5 of 7 were tipped"

Ebenezer
10-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Both EM and DB have said this in the past couple days...they are claiming that 5 of the 7 int's were tipped, one came at the end of a game and the other was a clear INT.

Is that true?? Nobody from the local media is challanging this claim at all...

Tatonka
10-29-2004, 08:57 AM
i could see it being true.. drew has turned the ball over so much since getting here.. they all start to look the same to me..

regardless.. i have seen every pick this year, and i can only say that i remember thinking 2 were not on drews shoulders..

sorry if the ball gets tipped.. but that is what happens when you rocket a screen pass 2 feet over someones head who has 3 defenders around him..

The King
10-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Both EM and DB have said this in the past couple days...they are claiming that 5 of the 7 int's were tipped, one came at the end of a game and the other was a clear INT.

Is that true?? Nobody from the local media is challanging this claim at all...

Wells its true to a point... technically they all were tipped but they were not drews best passes

Ebenezer
10-29-2004, 09:07 AM
Wells its true to a point... technically they all were tipped but they were not drews best passes
I only ask because even the guys who bash DB all the time are giving him a pass on this one.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-29-2004, 09:22 AM
More like the defense had a tip that Bledsoe can't throw like he used to.

Pride
10-29-2004, 09:33 AM
I have seen most of his INts (as I have seen all games)

While it is true that most of them have been tipped off of WR or RB hands... Drew is at least partially at fault, because he isnt putting any touch on these passes. His screen last week that Sanders picked off an returned was a ridiculously hard thrown ball to a RB running backwards.

I think he is trying to force every play, and using his arm strength to do it. More importantly than having a rocket arm is being able to put that extra soft touch on the ball when lobbing it in to a wide open WR who is thinking about running moreso than catching.

See Tom Brady.

OpIv37
10-29-2004, 10:04 AM

While it is true that most of them have been tipped off of WR or RB hands... Drew is at least partially at fault, because he isnt putting any touch on these passes. His screen last week that Sanders picked off an returned was a ridiculously hard thrown ball to a RB running backwards.

I think he is trying to force every play, and using his arm strength to do it. More importantly than having a rocket arm is being able to put that extra soft touch on the ball when lobbing it in to a wide open WR who is thinking about running moreso than catching.

See Tom Brady.

I agree. Some of the responsibility goes to the RB/WR who failed to catch the ball or knock it to the turf. But if the throw is where it's supposed to be, even a dropped ball won't pop up in the air for an INT.

The point is- everyone on this team is playing poorly. Drew isn't putting the balls where they should be, and the receivers aren't making plays on the ball to help him out. And I think a lot of it is due to the poor play of the O-line. Our running game hasn't been established, so we are forced to rely on the pass more, and while the pass blocking has improved, Drew still faces a lot of pressure, which certainly won't help improve his accuracy.

Typ0
10-29-2004, 11:37 AM
this conversation is rediculous...

FACT: we are turning the ball over too much.

FACT: we can't score TDs.

FACT: DB is the QB.

OpIv37
10-29-2004, 12:19 PM

The point is that Bledsoe isn't the sole source of the turnovers and he's not the only one who isn't scoring TD's. Yes, Bledsoe is a problem- his passes are off the mark and he does turn the ball over. But this team's problems go far beyond Bledsoe, and we already have Losman on the roster to replace him. Is it Bledsoe's fault that we have no rushing TD's in 37 quarters?

Something needs to be done about Bledsoe- I'm not trying to make excuses for him. But don't let the receivers, O-line and coaches off the hook, either.

Ebenezer
10-29-2004, 12:38 PM

there is no logic there whatsoever....

FACT: EM is the WR.

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Is it Bledsoe's fault that we have no rushing TD's in 37 quarters? In large part, yes. Since he is a statue, holds the ball too long and can't execute dump off passes quickly, the defense can stack 8 in the box and blitz on every single down without fear of getting beat. Try to establish a running game with 8 men constantly in the box. The instant WM/TH get the handoff they've got like 3 defenders already in their faces.

But no, I don't think the oline is beyond blame, nor are the coaches or WRs. We've all gone over this debate ad naseum. Drew is not the only problem, but he is the biggest and most expensive one at this point. And his lack of confidence is the most damaging thing for the team because that spreads to the other players.

Kenny
10-29-2004, 06:50 PM

See Tom Brady.
That's a great point.
It seems like regardless of whether a person is being covered by two or players, or even if the WR is being raped by a DB, Bledsoe will force the ball in there by firing a bullet.