PDA

View Full Version : Sean Salisbury on JP Losman on WGR550....

ScottLawrence
10-29-2004, 10:03 AM
If you did not hear it, he basically said:

He personally worked out JP Losman before the draft and, he has better talent, athletism, physical skills then any other quarterback in the draft.(Meaning all 3 QB's taken ahead of him). He mentioned how he can beat teams with his arm and his legs.

His biggest knock on his is his cockiness but, Salsibury said there was nothing wrong with his confidence and competative fire. He believes we got a "good one".

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2004, 10:06 AM
:phew:

Can't wait to see the kid play.

Ebenezer
10-29-2004, 10:12 AM

He personally worked out JP Losman before the draft and, he has better talent, athletism, physical skills then any other quarterback in the draft.(Meaning all 3 QB's taken ahead of him). He mentioned how he can beat teams with his arm and his legs.

His biggest knock on his is his cockiness but, Salsibury said there was nothing wrong with his confidence and competative fire. He believes we got a "good one".
the pressure on this kid is going to be tremendous...he better pan out or people are going to find a building and jump.

Gunzlingr
10-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Sean Salisbury also trained Adam Sandler for the upcoming The Longest Yard remake. :idunno:

OpIv37
10-29-2004, 11:09 AM
the pressure on this kid is going to be tremendous...he better pan out or people are going to find a building and jump.
Most of the pressure will be from TD- "You better play well, kid, or else I'm going to be coaching HS football in Jamestown by this time next year".

MikeInRoch
10-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Not to dampen this too much, but I know a handful of league insiders, and they all pretty much agree that Salisbury has no idea what he is talking about most of the time.

Tatonka
10-29-2004, 11:30 AM
eb, there is huge pressure on any kid taken in the first round.

there is no more pressure on losman than is on rivers, manning, or rothlisberger.. and all it takes to get out from under that is a few good games..

you think rothlisberger is feeling the heat right now? na... he is loving this.. constant praise.. team rallying around him.. and now if he screws up.. people will say.. ah.. he is a rookie.. we expected it.

SABURZFAN
10-29-2004, 11:40 AM

i'm a big fan of salisbury because i think he's right most of the time with his opinions.i sure as hell hope he's right about losman because i wasn't too happy when we drafted him.

lordofgun
10-29-2004, 11:43 AM
i'm a big fan of salisbury because i think he's right most of the time with his opinions.i sure as hell hope he's right about losman because i wasn't too happy when we drafted him.
I remember that. :chuckle:

SABURZFAN
10-29-2004, 11:48 AM
I remember that. :chuckle:

:mad:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Two thoughts.

a) Salisbury has historically been pretty accurate with regard to his analysis of qbs. Not so accurate when analyzing entire teams or offenses, etc.

He was one of the lone soldiers arguing for McNabb or Culpepper to be drafted by Cleveland instead of Couch....and even though I am sure he is not always right.....he does seem to have a fairly good nose for QB talent.

Not that you should take it to the bank just yet, but it is not like we have heard from other sources that they are "disturbed" or "troubled" by any of JP's attributes. Sean is not the first person to state that they believe JP to be the best of the four QBs taken, and hopefully he will not prove them wrong.

b)Losman will be under significantly less pressure than the other three QBs in that the incumbent he is unseating is absolutely horrible. It will also be an advantage for JP to have had a whole season to assimilate (at least mentally) into Clements' game plan/scheme.

Kenny
10-29-2004, 12:49 PM
eb, there is huge pressure on any kid taken in the first round.

there is no more pressure on losman than is on rivers, manning, or rothlisberger.. and all it takes to get out from under that is a few good games..

you think rothlisberger is feeling the heat right now? na... he is loving this.. constant praise.. team rallying around him.. and now if he screws up.. people will say.. ah.. he is a rookie.. we expected it.
True, but there is going to be alot more pressure on Losman to succeed. He's the new franchise QB, -a franchise that has absolutely no other person to fall back on. We're a team that hasnt been in the playoffs or a winning records in a very long time. Heck, when was the last time we were even competitive?
Once he gets the starting spot, this becomes his team.

As for Rivers (Im still not sold on this guy... how does one game raise his stock 'that' much?) and Manning, both are playing in teams that already have QBs that have played pretty damned good this season.

Dozerdog
10-29-2004, 01:10 PM

Not that i don't beleive this...but when do QBs start working out for TV analysts?

ScottLawrence
10-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Not that i don't beleive this...but when do QBs start working out for TV analysts?

Good point. :ontome:

Jayhawk
10-29-2004, 02:23 PM
SEan has a qb camp in SD

ticatfan
10-29-2004, 03:05 PM
He sucked in the CFL. :snicker:

Tatonka
10-29-2004, 03:18 PM
True, but there is going to be alot more pressure on Losman to succeed. He's the new franchise QB, -a franchise that has absolutely no other person to fall back on. We're a team that hasnt been in the playoffs or a winning records in a very long time. Heck, when was the last time we were even competitive?
Once he gets the starting spot, this becomes his team.

As for Rivers (Im still not sold on this guy... how does one game raise his stock 'that' much?) and Manning, both are playing in teams that already have QBs that have played pretty damned good this season.

i disagree.. do you think the pressure is any less on carson palmer? i think it makes it worse that you have a good qb behind you.. knowing kitna is right there has to be harder than knowing that shane matthews is behind you, because kitna was playing lights out last year.. and the fans know it.

jp doesnt strike me as the type that is worried about pressure.. he is too confident for that..

and as far as rivers.. breez will be gone next year.. rumor is he will actually be in green bay.. rivers will be in the same boat.. but he was taken alot earlier and is being paid alot more money..

same with eli.. 1st overall pick and a ton of money.. he is under pressure to show that he is worth it an that he can beat out an old washed up warner..

no matter what there is pressure.. the higher you are the first round.. the more pressure.

i think jp will respond fine to it.. and the play really cant be worse than what we have gotten out of drew for the past 2 years.. so really.. jp doesnt have to do much just to be better.. there is no way he turns the ball over more.. i just hope he stays healthy.

Tatonka
10-29-2004, 03:20 PM

he basically said (i am going from what i remember him talking about during the draft) that he was interviewing him.. and during the interview.. they watched film and threw some passes.

Ebenezer
10-29-2004, 03:22 PM
i disagree.. do you think the pressure is any less on carson palmer? i think it makes it worse that you have a good qb behind you.. knowing kitna is right there has to be harder than knowing that shane matthews is behind you, because kitna was playing lights out last year.. and the fans know it.

jp doesnt strike me as the type that is worried about pressure.. he is too confident for that..

and as far as rivers.. breez will be gone next year.. rumor is he will actually be in green bay.. rivers will be in the same boat.. but he was taken alot earlier and is being paid alot more money..

same with eli.. 1st overall pick and a ton of money.. he is under pressure to show that he is worth it an that he can beat out an old washed up warner..

no matter what there is pressure.. the higher you are the first round.. the more pressure.

i think jp will respond fine to it.. and the play really cant be worse than what we have gotten out of drew for the past 2 years.. so really.. jp doesnt have to do much just to be better.. there is no way he turns the ball over more.. i just hope he stays healthy.
the cost of getting the pick to get JP, the horrible play by DB and the cockiness of JP have fans here salivating...the pressure is huge...there may have never been more pressure on a Bills QB - rookie or not.

ScottLawrence
10-29-2004, 03:23 PM

Speaking of San Diego, AJ Smith has done an excellent job so far managing that team.

They could eventually get a 2nd or maybe even 1st round pick for him.

So they could possibly have 3 1st round picks or, 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks....Even San Diego goes in another direction, I hope Ralph considers bringing him here.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-29-2004, 03:43 PM
the cost of getting the pick to get JP, the horrible play by DB and the cockiness of JP have fans here salivating...the pressure is huge...there may have never been more pressure on a Bills QB - rookie or not.
Yeah but when was the last time the Bills drafted a QB in the first round? Not during the salary cap era. I think Bills fans will cut him much more slack than they would cut another veteran stop gap guy.

TigerJ
10-29-2004, 09:01 PM
In theory Losman won't face an inordinate amount of pressure, but the fans (us) are feeling pretty surly right now. If Losman gets in and throws some interceptions or fumbles some, it won't be long before some fnas get on him.

Turf
10-29-2004, 10:27 PM
If Losman never had his leg broke I would play him right now without any reservation.
What bothers me right now is the effect of the injury long term. His running ability may never be the same. But I would say he is brighter than Drew, although greener. He's a competitor, and I like the little I've seen of him. I really believe he could do better.

Tatonka
10-29-2004, 10:32 PM
losmans broken leg will not effect him in the slightest.. the bone will actually be stronger than the one that has not been broken..

medical fact.

BillyT92679
10-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Sean Salisbury also trained Adam Sandler for the upcoming The Longest Yard remake. :idunno:
I saw that on ESPN... Sandler looks like an older version of JP. Sandler came to St. John Fisher when I was a freshman and did a concert, one of the funniest guys in person you could ever see.

ScottLawrence
10-30-2004, 10:56 AM
I saw that on ESPN... Sandler looks like an older version of JP. Sandler came to St. John Fisher when I was a freshman and did a concert, one of the funniest guys in person you could ever see.

He sucks now.

His latest movies have been terrible. Happy Gilmore and, Billy Madison were his only funny movies.

Turf
10-30-2004, 11:24 AM
I thought Mr Deeds was his best movie, but that's for another forum.

jeffhcb
10-30-2004, 11:48 AM
To those of you that don't believe Salisbury, Buffalo Native Ron Jaworski also had great things to say about Losman. I really believe Jaworski is a great football analyst, particularly of the QB position.

I almost fear that JP plays really well though. I think if he does, he'll create so much excitement going into next year, that fans will keep buying tickets and Dona-dope will keep his job. Kind of like putting a band-aid on a broken leg.

The organization NEEDS to be gutted, starting from the top, if we're EVER going to make a serious run at a champioship again. TD is a disaster. I don't care how good JP is. TD doesn't know how to build a team, nor does he know how to lead. I'm also beginning to believe more and more that Mularkey is just another Donahoe "yes" man.

Hopefully Ralphie boy in all his years of wisdom will have the courage to do the right thing.