PDA

View Full Version : Why do we even want a high first round pick for Henry??

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Couple of things here...

1) We don't want to have all that salary tied up in a top five pick. We would be better off bringing in a couple of proven, solid o-lineman.

2) I have very little faith in Donahoe and Modrak as far as their ability to make smart draft picks.

3) We have the core of a much better team in Losman, Evans, and McGahee already....I don't want Donahoe having a top 10 pick in his hands and making another "smart" move picking up the best player available and screwing with team chemistry again. I love McGahee, but I think that pick adversely affected this team up to this point. I would much rather have had traded the pick for another second rounder and more picks in 2004 draft.

I think the jist of my arguement is that for some reason, it seems that for the Bills, first round picks are not gold. So I am not too set on a first rounder for Henry. I would rather have a second and fourth. Or a real player.

Tatonka
10-29-2004, 12:24 PM
clements wasnt a bad first rounder.. and he passed on kenyetta walker (total bust) to pick him.. so i wouldnt say it is all bad..

mike williams is not a bust yet.. i would just like to see him at guard.. but i understand that people are unhappy with him.

mcgahee looks like he is going to be a good first round pick..

evans and losman are yet to be determined, but i wouldnt say they look bad at this point.

justasportsfan
10-29-2004, 12:26 PM
because we need another 1st rd. pick to replace Mike Williams :yikes:

Buckets
10-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Couple of things here...

1) We don't want to have all that salary tied up in a top five pick. We would be better off bringing in a couple of proven, solid o-lineman.

2) I have very little faith in Donahoe and Modrak as far as their ability to make smart draft picks.

3) We have the core of a much better team in Losman, Evans, and McGahee already....I don't want Donahoe having a top 10 pick in his hands and making another "smart" move picking up the best player available and screwing with team chemistry again. I love McGahee, but I think that pick adversely affected this team up to this point. I would much rather have had traded the pick for another second rounder and more picks in 2004 draft.

I think the jist of my arguement is that for some reason, it seems that for the Bills, first round picks are not gold. So I am not too set on a first rounder for Henry. I would rather have a second and fourth. Or a real player.

:clap:

Mr. Miyagi
10-29-2004, 12:33 PM
I want to see them pick up the next Jonathan Ogden.

NapalmDeath
10-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Henry is not gonna get us a first round pick. 2nd round pick, yes, but a 1st rounder? Highly doubtful.

OpIv37
10-29-2004, 12:36 PM
clements wasnt a bad first rounder.. and he passed on kenyetta walker (total bust) to pick him.. so i wouldnt say it is all bad..

mike williams is not a bust yet.. i would just like to see him at guard.. but i understand that people are unhappy with him.

mcgahee looks like he is going to be a good first round pick..

evans and losman are yet to be determined, but i wouldnt say they look bad at this point.

Agreed- Williams is a bust but the jury's still out on McGahee, JP, and Evans. I do hope they won't pick another player who won't be ready for an entire season, though.

Kenny
10-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Besides who says we 'have' to take a high first rounder. If we did end up with a top5 pick, there's always the choice of trading down.