PDA

View Full Version : My protest

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm not going to waste my time watching another Bills game until they win two in a row. How long will it take before I watch another game?

I'm not betting on it happening this season, but if it does, it'll be close to Christmas.

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Fair weather fan.

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Let me add a clause to that protest:

*...or until JP Losman gets some playing time.

northernbillfan
10-29-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm not going to waste my time watching another Bills game until they win two in a row. How long will it take before I watch another game?

I'm not betting on it happening this season, but if it does, it'll be close to Christmas.
You gotta watch them no matter how painful it is. My protest is a simple one, just look at my avatar.

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Fair weather fan.

I didn't say I wasn't going to pay any attention to what's going on. I'm just not going to continue to tie up 3+ hours of family time on Sundays when the team does nothing but pi$$ me off. It's called priorities.

I've been a fan through some seasons that were worse than this. Don't ever accuse me of being a fwf because I live a life away from being a fan of a pro football team.

You think it's not going to be hard for me to stay away from the tube during those games?

*edited by shelby~lay off the personal attacks please.

NC-BILLS44
10-29-2004, 02:45 PM
**** BF1. I didn't say I wasn't going to pay any attention to what's going on. I'm just not going to continue to tie up 3+ hours of family time on Sundays when the team does nothing but pi$$ me off. It's called priorities.

I've been a fan through some seasons that were worse than this. Don't ever accuse me of being a fwf because I live a life away from being a fan of a pro football team. That was a true a-hole comment.

I have other priorities as well, but I tape the game and watch after those priorities. Sorry to tell you, but sounds like you're giving up. That may not be your intent, but your message comes off that way.

ArcticWildMan
10-29-2004, 02:46 PM
You gotta watch them no matter how painful it is. My protest is a simple one, just look at my avatar.

Hey NBF....are we going to display any DREW SUCKS signs at the Seattle game? :snicker:

northernbillfan
10-29-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey NBF....are we going to display any DREW SUCKS signs at the Seattle game? :snicker:
Sounds like a plan!

I will have a great chance of being on Tee Vee since I'm three rows behind the Bills bench.

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 03:04 PM
You guys are way off base on your judging me for this. You have no idea about my relationship with Bills and what role my fandom has had in my identity over the course of my life. I didn't ask for it, my question was, "how long will it last?"

I don't tape games. They just don't have the same affect when the outcome is already known. You say you have priorities. That's fine. They're just obviously different than mine.

The King
10-29-2004, 03:10 PM
I dont know man.... I just love the game plain and simple, I dont want to miss a week win or lose, I want to see the ninja kicks when they happen I want to watch in awe when drew heaves the ball 50 yards to evans, I want to see if Mularkey shows any emotion what so ever. To take football out of my life on Sunday is like a punishment.

Any Given Sunday is what they say. And any given sunday you may get the opportunity to see something you have never seen before.

BTW I think people took your initial post wrong because you said "waste your time".

NC-BILLS44
10-29-2004, 03:12 PM
You guys are way off base on your judging me for this. You have no idea about my relationship with Bills and what role my fandom has had in my identity over the course of my life. I didn't ask for it, my question was, "how long will it last?"

I don't tape games. They just don't have the same affect when the outcome is already known. You say you have priorities. That's fine. They're just obviously different than mine.

I'm not judging you, I was just explaining what it sounds like.
Also, I don't know the outcome of the game before I watch the tape. I don't want to know; that would suck.

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. And when they start winning again (maybe next year) you're not welcome back. fwf

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 03:18 PM
BTW I think people took your initial post wrong because you said "waste your time".

Okay, to clearify, by "waste my time," I mean:

Sitting for 3+ hours in front of the TV watching football when I could be outside playing it with my 2 boys (or something else that is meaningful and active)
Stressing about rushing home, from friends and meaningful conversations at church so I sit in front of a television set and upset myself.
Neglect grading papers or other work I need to do because my focus is so pinned to the red, white and blue team on the TV.
Sitting on the couch instead of putting in the much needed training I have to do to run a good marathon in just 3 weeks.

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2004, 03:19 PM
toodles

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. And when they start winning again (maybe next year) you're not welcome back. fwf

I don't need your approval to be here. I'm here. I'm just leaving the TV off. Get it straight.

ArcticWildMan
10-29-2004, 03:32 PM
Sounds like a plan!

I will have a great chance of being on Tee Vee since I'm three rows behind the Bills bench.

Sweet!!! I'll be down by the endzone and might be on TV as well.

Maybe we should just wear bags over our heads with BILLS FAN written on them. I bet THAT would make it on TV. :up:

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Lemme guess. You were the kid that used to take his ball home if he didn't get his way?

Nice try but no. You see, you don't know me. Therefore, have no right to call me a fwf. Just get that through your skull and you can stop these lame attempts at trying to insult me.

northernbillfan
10-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Sweet!!! I'll be down by the endzone and might be on TV as well.

Maybe we should just wear bags over our heads with BILLS FAN written on them. I bet THAT would make it on TV. :up:
Now you're thinking.

Depends on how they are doing by then. I have a poster in mind:

I paid over $1,000 to come all the way from Northern Canada for THIS!!!

ArcticWildMan
10-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Geesh. Enough you two. :shakeno:

Everybody has their way of coping with our suckiness. To each his own.

ArcticWildMan
10-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Now you're thinking.

Depends on how they are doing by then. I have a poster in mind:

I paid over $1,000 to come all the way from Northern Canada for THIS!!!

Hmmm... I could have mine say I came all the way from Alaska for this. :up:

The_Philster
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM

maybe we should sic Cntry on them :cynic:

I paid over $1,000 to come all the way from Northern Canada for THIS!!!:rofl:

Marvelous
10-29-2004, 04:32 PM
FWF! I don't mind it when FWFs bail out because there weak fans anyways..

ArcticWildMan
10-29-2004, 04:40 PM

I don't think that anybody who posts here is a FWF considering how bad we have been the last 3-4 years.

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 04:45 PM

It's not there. It's their.

Insults just don't seem to pack as much punch when they come from someone who has no idea how to use simple grammar and word usage. Or are you 10?

northernbillfan
10-29-2004, 04:46 PM
I don't think that anybody who posts here is a FWF considering how bad we have been the last 3-4 years.
The simple fact that Bills fans are posting anywhere at this time in our dark history means that they are NOT FWFs.

Bills fans are the hardiest fans in all the NFL, I don't care what any poll says.

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 04:48 PM
The simple fact that Bills fans are posting anywhere at this time in our dark history means that they are NOT FWFs.

Bills fans are the hardiest fans in all the NFL, I don't care what any poll says.

Thanks for (sort of) sticking up for me. I am no fwf. I think you guys are calling me a fwf because you're insecure in your own fandom. :scratch:

The King
10-29-2004, 05:08 PM

Insults just don't seem to pack as much punch when they come from someone who has no idea how to use simple grammar and word usage. Or are you 10?

If we are correcting english here... its they're as in "they are"

The_Philster
10-29-2004, 05:17 PM
and Jeff's a schoolteacher :cynic:

Jeff1220
10-29-2004, 05:22 PM

Did you have to look that up?

So I botched the correction. Oh well.

TigerJ
10-29-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm joining you, Jeff, at least this week. It's not on TV I have to listen to radio. Oh well, at least that way I can get some reading done while i listen.

Marvelous
10-30-2004, 01:50 AM

Insults? Not in my original post but to not watch anymore games until your demands are met is weak. Almost as weak as calling out my grammar.
I hope we get a great win sunday and you miss it because of drama.

To each his own. I'm not gonna insult ya if that's what you want to do.

NapalmDeath
10-30-2004, 03:19 AM
Insults? Not in my original post but to not watch anymore games until your demands are met is weak. Almost as weak as calling out my grammar.
I hope we get a great win sunday and you miss it because of drama.

To each his own. I'm not gonna insult ya if that's what you want to do.

:roflmao:

No Mercy sippio

ajsdx
10-30-2004, 10:23 AM
First off, I think people are a little sensitive about this. No need to get all worked up about it. Second, I live in an area where they broadcast maybe 2 Bills games a year, and I can't get Direct Ticket (I want to shake the hand of the genius that signed that contract with satellite when cable is available everywhere, unlike satellite). If it were up to me, I would watch every Bills game every Sunday, no matter how bad they were. Maybe I just say that because I miss watching them so much. But in any case, I wish you could send over your games to my house if you aren't going to use them. Finally, if the Bills win two games in a row, maybe you were the bad luck. Do us all a favor and don't watch the third one either. Hey, we need all the help we can get! ;)

P.S. I know you're pissed, but please...there/their/they're? It's not that hard. Most people don't have to "look it up."

shelby
10-30-2004, 10:31 AM
If it were up to me, I would watch every Bills game every Sunday, no matter how bad they were.
i agree with you.
That being said, enough personal attacks, y'all.:club:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-30-2004, 10:47 AM
I am betting it will last until the next game is on TV and you can't stay away. It will be easy to not watch this weekend's game.

The King
10-30-2004, 10:51 AM
I go out and find the games, because I would rather watch them the waste my time doing something with my family....LOL

Jeff1220
10-30-2004, 01:42 PM
You guys are definitely taking this way too personally. Get a grip already. I hope they win this week against the Cards too. I hope they win every flippin week. If you don't understand having family, faith, work, and health as priorities over watching football, then so be it. I do!
Tomorrow, I am going to go to church with the family, run 20 miles, then play ball with my boy Nate. At the end of the day, I'll be feeling a whole lot better about life than if I sit around and put myself in a nasty mood, watching this team frustrate me to no end. I'd rather have them win and find out later, after a fulfilling day of other stuff, than sit through a loss and feel like punching someone afterward. That's my prerogative, so deal with it!

Jeff1220
10-30-2004, 01:45 PM
I am betting it will last until the next game is on TV and you can't stay away. It will be easy to not watch this weekend's game.

I have Sunday Ticket. I am choosing to put it aside for a while. If I could share it with those of you who don't get the game, I would.

Demon
10-30-2004, 02:27 PM
A fan who quits when the team is not winning is not a fan.

Supporting the team only when they are winners, is a bandwagon fan.

Bills pride, no matter how good or bad they are. Stick with them. And when we're good again, it will feel so much sweeter!

People who are quitters because we can't win i have no respect for.

Jeff1220
10-30-2004, 03:15 PM
A fan who quits when the team is not winning is not a fan.

Supporting the team only when they are winners, is a bandwagon fan.

Bills pride, no matter how good or bad they are. Stick with them. And when we're good again, it will feel so much sweeter!

People who are quitters because we can't win i have no respect for.

If you are referring to me, which you probably are, then you are mistaken. I am sticking with them. I do wear my Bills pride everywhere I go - ask my students, or the guys at the gym full of Ravens fans where I work out. I am still reading the sites and posting. I am still watching ESPN and NFLNet. I am simply not watching the game(s).
Again, you guys have no idea what the Bills have meant to my life, when they were in the SBs AND when they were 2-14. Heck, I rarely saw a winning season for my first decade as a fan. As a boy, the Bills have made my shed tears of joy and tears of pain. As a man, they've continued to make me feel those same emotions. But becuse I am choosing to put other things in my life in front of a game, you are judging me. That is wrong and shallow. Some of you guys really need to re-evaluate what is truely important in life.

BAM
10-30-2004, 03:24 PM

:clap:

Bunch of whiney *****es around here lately. It's pretty much sickening.

imbondz
10-30-2004, 03:31 PM
i only like the bills when they're winning. otherwise I route for whoever has the best record in the NFC

casdhf
11-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Don't let him convert you.