PDA

View Full Version : Patsie Fans jumping ship?

The Natrix
07-30-2002, 06:34 PM
I think that there are a good number of New England fans who have seen the light and are now fans of the Buffalo Bills.

When the Bills make the playoffs and the Pats fail to do so, Buffalo will gain even more fans.

I really do not believe that both Brady and A.S. can string together two good seasons. I would not be surprised if they both have sub-par seasons

northernbillfan
07-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Where is the 25-50% choice?

The Shadow
07-30-2002, 06:42 PM
None I would hope! Who in their right minds would jump the ship of the Super Bowl Championship team !?!?

The Natrix
07-30-2002, 06:43 PM
my pick: 8%

WCoastFin
07-30-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I think that there are a good number of New England fans who have seen the light and are now fans of the Buffalo Bills.

When the Bills make the playoffs and the Pats fail to do so, Buffalo will gain even more fans.

I really do not believe that both Brady and A.S. can string together two good seasons. I would not be surprised if they both have sub-par seasons

Hi Natrix ,long time no see, anyways can you point some of them out? I would beleive they are Bledsoe fans instead of NE fans.

Thats why you never trade within the division it brings out wierd people. Almost like breeding a mule and a horse, or relatives having children AKA Taboo the kids come out confused and a little slow......Kind of wierd.

Dozerdog
07-30-2002, 07:43 PM
First hand experience, Toastie? Explains a lot from your end.....:D

Mad Bomber
07-30-2002, 08:12 PM
What percentage of the fans does the NFL refs constitute? Whatever it is, that's my vote. Check my avatar...

JefftheBillsfan
07-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Fair weather fans suck IMO

don137
07-30-2002, 08:37 PM
I agree that fairweather fans suck. Look how many so called fans Buffalo lost last year to San Diego...I don't understand how fans can be more loyal to a player than a team, especially someone as deceiving as Flutie.

Aero II
07-30-2002, 08:43 PM
I have been and always will be a fan of the red, white and blue laundry.

The Natrix
07-30-2002, 08:44 PM
If Flutie goes to the Panthers or something, I wonder if these "so called fans" will head to Carolina.

My experience has been most of the fans that switched to SanDiego were women

BillC
07-30-2002, 10:55 PM
Kool! :up:

northernbillfan
07-31-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
I would beleive they are Bledsoe fans instead of NE fans.
I can't believe Im agreeing with a Fin freak, but here goes, well put. There is a large percentage of guys who don't care what team their favorite player is on.

The same thing happened here in Canada when Flutie became a Bill. All of a sudden there are 95% more Bills jerseys in the city then there are Bills fans. I am alone again. (I know of one more)

The Undertaker #59
07-31-2002, 10:27 AM
Depends what is meant by the question....I have been a Pats fan for 20 years, and will continue to be...that being said, Bledsoe is one of my all time favorite Pats. So naturally (I think so anyway), I am a Bills fan now too, and I am really looking forward to watching him play, and will be rooting for him most of the time.

But come head to head, I will still be rooting for the Pats.

BTW, I think the Flutie Flake Fans comparison is a bad one. Flutie was never THE FRANCHISE as Bledsoe was for the Pats for 9 years...

The Undertaker #59
07-31-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

I would beleive they are Bledsoe fans instead of NE fans.

How about Bledsoe fans AND NE fans???

northernbillfan
07-31-2002, 11:58 AM
The Flutie Flake comparison was justified. A lot of fairweather fans came along for Flutie, especially in Canada.

don137
07-31-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by The Undertaker #59
Depends what is meant by the question....I have been a Pats fan for 20 years, and will continue to be...that being said, Bledsoe is one of my all time favorite Pats. So naturally (I think so anyway), I am a Bills fan now too, and I am really looking forward to watching him play, and will be rooting for him most of the time.

But come head to head, I will still be rooting for the Pats.

BTW, I think the Flutie Flake Fans comparison is a bad one. Flutie was never THE FRANCHISE as Bledsoe was for the Pats for 9 years...

Flutie is a good comparison because people that were "fans" of the Bills traded loyalties to San Diego and even rooted for the Chargers against the Bills last year. He may not of been a franchise quarterback like Bledsoe but it had the same effect. I apologize for using the words "franchise quarterback" and "Flutie" in the same sentence. If you were in the area you would understand. At games last year people were rooting against the Bills and Rob Johnson while wearing a Flutie jersey. To me the team comes first and the players come second.

SactoBillFan
07-31-2002, 12:47 PM
If they are going to jump ship because of the Drew Bledsoe trade, they weren't really Pastriot fans to begin with.

Go Bills!!!!:shades:

northernbillfan
07-31-2002, 12:55 PM
I know what you are talking about Don137. At my local sports bar last season I was asked several times if I was going to follow San Diego. :rolleyes:

The Undertaker #59
07-31-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by don137

To me the team comes first and the players come second.

Agreed.

alloutblitz
07-31-2002, 09:01 PM
:mad: Who wants them. Stay should stay and root for there crappy team. Prepare to be abused you New Ingland fans. The refs gave you the bowl.:maggie:

Dozerdog
07-31-2002, 09:07 PM
It's unbeleivable the nonsense they come up with on the local radio. I think this region is in for a rude surprise.

mybills
08-01-2002, 06:59 AM
I think this whole thing is a blessing in disguise...the Pats fan won't be <b>as rude as usual</b> to us Bills fans whether they jump ship or not!!! :clap: