PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Williams and Washington D

Billzz
10-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Ranked #1

Don't care what anyone says this guy has his stuff together on D. While man boobs did nothing for me by not taking over the offensive calls or just firing killdrive and replacing him with somone compentent he does run the D well.

2 totally different divisions and still continues to have a top ranked defense. If buffalo continues to drop off the top spots on defense it may be because of the loss of him. Just a theroy but look at tenessee since he left them. They are ranked 19th currently while Washington was 25th overall last year with Champ Bailey. Shut down do it all corners are not a dime a dozen which means he has a universal solid defensive plan that can me implemented.

My 2 cents feel free to chew it apart.

casdhf
10-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Some guys just aren't cut out for HC Jobs

Billzz
10-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Yes but he did have 1 good year with DB, Moulds and PP on offense. Wish he had the D clicking that year as well.

Kenny
10-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Yes but he did have 1 good year with DB, Moulds and PP on offense. Wish he had the D clicking that year as well.
You mean he had a good 'half' of a season right?

Billzz
10-30-2004, 08:07 PM
:( Was going for cup half full. Sorry.

Mr. Miyagi
10-30-2004, 09:10 PM
See Gunther Cunningham and Ray Rhodes. :up:

Charlieguide
10-30-2004, 10:53 PM
The difference is we still have Jerry Gray. The Bills' D is still in the top five this year, no?

John Clayton had a good article on this subject, posted on ESPN.com As he points out, it's a system growing in popularity, but the pieces do have to be in place. High risk/high reward style can be exploited by a strong OL and levelheaded QB or strong RB.

hurls
10-30-2004, 11:02 PM
I agree that Williams just wasn't cut out to be a HC. His defense is top notch.

NapalmDeath
10-30-2004, 11:18 PM
High risk/high reward style can be exploited by a strong OL

Well that eliminates the Bills

Billzz
10-31-2004, 06:35 AM
Yes top 5, when do you start saying it is slipping a litte? If you look at those teams above us many havn't had their bye week yet which means they have played 1 more game and still above us. We where ranked 2 last year overall, this year we may make the top 10 when it's over.

Just pointing out the success we may have experienced could of been directly related to Man Boobs. Would of been nice to hang on to him as our D cord. Not like anyone was beating the door down to get him as a HC.

BidsJr
10-31-2004, 09:58 AM

Or being President. :patriot:

SABURZFAN
11-01-2004, 01:17 PM
i have no problem with Gee Dubya running our defense but he sucks as a HC.

Ebenezer
11-01-2004, 01:23 PM
i have no problem with Gee Dubya running our defense but he sucks as a HC.
post of the day!! :roflmao:

OpIv37
11-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Washington can keep him. The guy obviously knows defense, but he's a terrible HC and our D is doing just fine without him.

Patrick76777
11-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Ranked #1

Don't care what anyone says this guy has his stuff together on D. While man boobs did nothing for me by not taking over the offensive calls or just firing killdrive and replacing him with somone compentent he does run the D well.

2 totally different divisions and still continues to have a top ranked defense. If buffalo continues to drop off the top spots on defense it may be because of the loss of him. Just a theroy but look at tenessee since he left them. They are ranked 19th currently while Washington was 25th overall last year with Champ Bailey. Shut down do it all corners are not a dime a dozen which means he has a universal solid defensive plan that can me implemented.

My 2 cents feel free to chew it apart.

Did you see who was number 2?

Dozerdog
11-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Redeskins have played some pretty offensivly inept clubs of late. (Except for Green Bay)

Cleveland, Dallas, Chicago, Ravens- Not quite a murderer's row.

Kolbiss
11-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Or being President. :patriot:

Like Kerry!!

Dozerdog
11-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Did you see who was number 2?

While we also played some offensively inept teams (Jax, Balt, Mia, Az) we also had some tough teams to deal with too- (NE, @NYJ, @ Oak with Gannon)

BuffaloRanger
11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
While we also played some offensively inept teams (Jax, Balt, Mia, Az) we also had some tough teams to deal with too- (NE, @NYJ, @ Oak with Gannon)

I wouldn't call the Bills Def elite. Losing Dickie Lebeau hurt the Def more than firing Greggggg.

Points allowed, yards allowed are nice stats but what matters is shutting your opponent down on their last drive.

Couldn't stop Jax or NYJ at the end - when it was needed most.

I rate the Bills Def in the Top 10, not Top 5.

The_Philster
11-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Like Kerry!!
:huh: when was he President? Did I miss something?

G. Host
11-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Redeskins have played some pretty offensivly inept clubs of late. (Except for Green Bay)

Cleveland, Dallas, Chicago, Ravens- Not quite a murderer's row.

Ravens is defintely a Murder's row - their defense is led by Ray Lewis who got away with participation in a murder.