PDA

View Full Version : Are expectations for JP Losman too high?

OpIv37
10-31-2004, 01:29 AM
this organizaiton is desperate for a savior, and right now he's our best bet.

Billzz
10-31-2004, 06:31 AM
He has to follow up behind DB so I can't really think of how they would be high. Average yes, high no.

Cntrygal
10-31-2004, 07:41 AM
Are expectations for JP Losman too high?

Unfortunately, I think yes.

FTG
10-31-2004, 07:44 AM
If people are expecting him to be the savior and turn things around by himself then yeah they are to high.

If you're just expecting him to do better than Drew Bledsoe and steadily progress into a good NFL QB then no I don't think they are to high

illusionone
10-31-2004, 07:54 AM
I think we gavbe up too much for him, and I think the expectations are waay too high. I give him 2 bad games in a row, before the "fans" start tearing both JP and TD apart

Billzz
10-31-2004, 08:32 AM
He's a rookie and has atleast a full 16 game season before he gets really picked apart. Besides we are bills fans which means there are another 6 games worth of excuses that can be made before we believe TD gave up the farm for another Rob Johnson.

don137
10-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Considering what we gave up for him I think expectations are high. I think being better than DB is not good enough. I am not saying he has to be the next Kelly or Manning but he needs to become a top 10 QB in this league Howeve fans need to be patient and he can't be a top 10 QB overnight

DraftBoy
10-31-2004, 09:41 AM
the expectations are way to high, imo. He's gonna need atleast 1-2 years of seasoning before he's ready to take the franchise on his shoulders. Having players like Moulds around will help, an OL would help too. Also if McGahee finally develops into the type of back we all knew him to be then that will help a ton also. but for this season the expectations are way way way to high.

Kenny
10-31-2004, 09:56 AM
I have a feeling the expectations are pretty high for Losman, but considering our position, and what we gave for him (probably a top5 pick), the high expecations are deserved.

Even if he does play (and that's a big IF), I dont think anyone is expecting anything from him right now. Come next season though, by the half way point of the season, -if we have a losing record, the guy is going to be feeling alot of heat from the fans.

Tatonka
10-31-2004, 10:52 AM
i dont think that they are any higher than any high first round pick qb.. and he seems to have the kind of attitude that can deal with that kind of pressure..

also, he is able to get a full year under his belt before he has to deal with being the savior..

honestly.. i think that the fans will be forgiving because they will be so happy to have that total piece of garbage, bledsoe, out of a bills uniform..

the fans want to win.. but i think that as long as jp shows them flashes of things to be excited about, he will be just fine..

SABURZFAN
11-01-2004, 01:21 PM
i don't expect to see losman for another 4 weeks.let him properly heal before we throw him to the wolves.i wouldn't be surprised if Donna Ho pulls a mcgahee with him and sits him out the whole year too.

Dozerdog
11-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Expectations in this town are always high.

Iehoshua
11-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Expectations should be high. It wasn't like he was undrafted or taken in the 6 or 7th round. He will be criticized when he stumbles, praised when he excels. Simple as that.

EDS
11-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Even if he costs the Bills a top five pick he still needs two plus years to develop. David Carr was a number 1 pick and is only now playing like it. Same thing for Joey Harrington. Losman will need time.

justasportsfan
11-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Based on what we paid for JP, I expect him to be no less than what Big Ben's value is to the Steelers.

ScottLawrence
11-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Based on what we paid for JP, I expect him to be no less than what Big Ben's value is to the Steelers.

9TD and, 3 INT, 5-0.

Those are mighty big expectations for JP....I sure as hell don't expect it.

Throne Logic
11-01-2004, 05:06 PM
9TD and, 3 INT, 5-0.

Those are mighty big expectations for JP....I sure as hell don't expect it.

Now that is definitely not fair. Compare Pitt's OLine to Buffalo's.

JP will most likely struggle, but I'm fairly certain he will be an improvement over our current situation. At least defenses will have to respect his non-statue-like attributes. . .

I just hope the Buffalo fans, as a whole, give the kid some slack. If he gets to play the second half of this season, he'll be that much better off for it going into next season. Besides, he might just pull a Rothlisburger.

Mad Bomber
11-01-2004, 05:55 PM

JP will most likely struggle, but I'm fairly certain he will be an improvement over our current situation. At least defenses will have to respect his non-statue-like attributes. . .

I just hope the Buffalo fans, as a whole, give the kid some slack. If he gets to play the second half of this season, he'll be that much better off for it going into next season. Besides, he might just pull a Rothlisburger.

Exactly!!! (here's a pos rep for you!).

JP almost certainly will not perform the way that Big Ben has performed for the Stillers....I don't think he has the maturity and mental acuity (for those of you that don't speak English real good...it means "sharpness") of Big Ben, but he certainly has the physical attributes. Right now, I want to see ANYBODY BUT DREW!!!!!

Crisis
11-01-2004, 05:59 PM
I have high expectations from all our 1st round picks.

Are expectations too high for Evans, McGahee?

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Expectations should be high. It wasn't like he was undrafted or taken in the 6 or 7th round. He will be criticized when he stumbles, praised when he excels. Simple as that.
Agreed.

ScottLawrence
11-01-2004, 07:04 PM

Which is why I said JP stats will not even compare to Roethlisbergers.

Roethlisberger has all the weapons around him.(Great offensive line, two really good recievers, and a consistently good running game) While we have a average to below average offensive line an OK reciever group and, an unconsistent running game.

Drive 4 Five
11-01-2004, 07:30 PM
In regards to the high expectations that will be placed on J.P., I think that is a catch phrase. Expectations should be high when you are drafted in the "hallowed" first round. I'm sure the expectations he has of himself are just as high. When you consider that our team appears nearly complete (even our ST are playing at a very high level) with the exception of the offense, he doesn't have to do too much. The key will be his ability to understand the defensive schemes at this level. There is little doubt that he has the physical tools to succeed. If fact, many belive him to be the most physically gifted of all the quarterbacks drafted in his year.

Look what McGahee has done for this team. I truly believe that his shoulders are broad enough to carry the crushing weight of putting the offense on his back and that ultimately will relate to success for Losman and the Bills offense. Losman's mobility is going to give us yet another dimension in terms of enhancing our capabilities on offense (we have all seen what a tremendous advantage it is when a mobile quarterback puts pressure on the defensive backs).

colin
11-01-2004, 10:23 PM
with our line and bad O, i don't think he will accomplish much, certainly not if he is put in here right now.

I see the situation as follows:

1. we win a few games, drew is playing OK -- we won't put Losman in right away especially if we have even an outside shot at the playoffs.

2. we stink bad, drew plays like crap -- losman will get put in, but i think this situation implies that our line and O as a whole will be doing poorly, which means JP will get torn up and maybe even hurt again

3. we are losing, drew is playing ok, our O overall is not -- i dunno if we would put losman in in this case

4. drew gets hurt and we are playing well and winning.

out of all of the above, 4 is the only one where jp might come in and do well, any of the others and JP either does not come in, or comes into a bad bad situation that just won't work for a rookie, especially with a rookie coach.

best possibility is if we get some more linemen and jp plays next year, but if that happens would drew still be on the team and starting? if we finish strong he just might be