PDA

View Full Version : Funny how the Offensive Line...

Tatonka
10-31-2004, 01:26 PM
all the sudden run blocks better with willis in there..

but it is inconceivable that they could pass block better without dredsoe at qb huh?

DraftBoy
10-31-2004, 01:38 PM
is it as much their better blocking or is Willis just breaking tackles and making people miss?

Kenny
10-31-2004, 01:51 PM
is it as much their better blocking or is Willis just breaking tackles and making people miss?
Bingo!
Unlike Henry, Willis wont run straight into a huge wall and try go through... he'll wait and pick another opening.

FTG
10-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Bingo!
Unlike Henry, Willis wont run straight into a huge wall and try go through... he'll wait and pick another opening.

and..............unlike Bledsoe, _________________ won't stand there like a moron holding the ball to make the offensive line look bad.

Who is behind them definately has something to do with how they look

imbondz
10-31-2004, 03:37 PM
and..............unlike Bledsoe, _________________ won't stand there like a moron holding the ball to make the offensive line look bad.

Who is behind them definately has something to do with how they look

:rofl: blank is a great QB!

honey
10-31-2004, 03:41 PM
While I have officially said we need to replace Drew, I thought he had a very nice game today. Passed when he had to, handed off when he had to, no interceptions, no sacks....come ON, he played great! The whole team played AS a team today - that's what we need! :up:

ArcticWildMan
10-31-2004, 03:44 PM
8 of 17 for 81 yards is not playing great. Alex Van Pelt could have done what he did.

Drew is done as a playmaker for this team.

honey
10-31-2004, 03:49 PM
8 of 17 for 81 yards is not playing great. Alex Van Pelt could have done what he did.

Drew is done as a playmaker for this team.

:ontome: :sadwalk: :wail:

honey
10-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Hey, AWM, why isn't your sig picture showing up? All I see now is a little white box with a red x in it. :huh:

ArcticWildMan
10-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey, AWM, why isn't your sig picture showing up? All I see now is a little white box with a red x in it. :huh:

Whatever site I was linking from probably deleted the pic. Guess I need to find a new one.

Any suggestions?

ScottLawrence
10-31-2004, 03:54 PM
What?

I saw no holes at all in the running game today, it was all Willis being very patient and hitting what he could find.

The line hasn't been able to open up holes at all this year.

honey
10-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Whatever site I was linking from probably deleted the pic. Guess I need to find a new one.

Any suggestions?

I'll look around and get back witcha. :;

ryjam282
10-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Excellent post T, I agree 100%, I posted this same exact stuff in the Hey, Travis Backers thread. Willis knows how to get it done...No matter what.

Liverpoolkev
10-31-2004, 05:35 PM
What?

I saw no holes at all in the running game today, it was all Willis being very patient and hitting what he could find.

The line hasn't been able to open up holes at all this year. This is so true You know our line is in serious trouble when our Defense lineman J.Bannan has to play guard......Goodbye Pucillo,sobieski,and L.smith its obvious Mcnally has no faith in the O-line personnel

SABURZFAN
11-01-2004, 01:25 PM
i didn't think the OL looked any better.the Cards front 7 aren't much of a threat either.if there was a game that willis should have had 150+ yards,it was this game.i can only recall one play where he ran for 20+ yards.

Ebenezer
11-01-2004, 01:28 PM
all the sudden run blocks better with willis in there..

but it is inconceivable that they could pass block better without dredsoe at qb huh?
less than 3.5 per carry...no real difference...sorry, next.

he beat up Miami and Arizona...Arizona with Bannan and Adams helping out...hysterical...

Iehoshua
11-01-2004, 01:29 PM
I believe a great back has instincts as to where the holes are before they develop in a play. Willis exhibits patience running, not simply running at the defense blindly in one direction. Not to mention he is swift to avoid tackes. Henry can make things happen breaking tackles, but for now at least, it appears McGahee is the better back.

SABURZFAN
11-01-2004, 01:32 PM
I believe a great back has instincts as to where the holes are before they develop in a play. Willis exhibits patience running, not simply running at the defense blindly in one direction. Not to mention he is swift to avoid tackes. Henry can make things happen breaking tackles, but for now at least, it appears McGahee is the better back.

he's the healthier back right now.that foot injury on travis was worse than they let on to be.he's still not 100%

Iehoshua
11-01-2004, 01:34 PM
he's the healthier back right now.that foot injury on travis was worse than they let on to be.he's still not 100%

I was unaware of Henry's health but had my suspicions.

So regardless, McGahee is our guy for the time being.