PDA

View Full Version : The Reality Check

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2004, 03:49 PM
We had no sustained drives today. Our ST/D put us in a position to win. 3 of 4 TDs started deep in AZ territory and the one we got from our 45 was 2 runs of 58 yards from WM.

Yes, I'm still HAPPY WE WON. :D

But as my title suggests, we need to keep it in perspective. The best thing to come out of this game...again...is Willis' performance. (and McGee....finally getting returns again...how many years has it been? Too many) Now if we could only get JP in there I have a feeling we will really start getting pumped. :up:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=home align=left><TD class=home colSpan=6>Bills Drive Chart</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>Start

Time

</TD><TD>Time

Poss

</TD><TD>Drive

Began

</TD><TD># of

Plays

</TD><TD>Yards

Gained

</TD><TD>Result</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>12:48</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3:16</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>ARI 26</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>7</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>19</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Field Goal</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>06:59</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>2:28</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 45</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>4</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>55</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>02:32</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>1:29</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 32</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>0</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>14:15</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>1:28</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>BUF 34</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>-13</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>08:25</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>0:13</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle></TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>0</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>0</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>06:06</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>1:29</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>BUF 15</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>1</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>02:03</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>0:24</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>BUF 4</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>15:00</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>1:24</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 15</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>-1</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>12:34</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3:01</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 14</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>6</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>15</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>05:54</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>2:32</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 41</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>7</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>01:49</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>1:54</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>ARI 19</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>4</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>19</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>13:40</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>1:35</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>ARI 11</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>4</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>11</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>10:08</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3:11</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>ARI 30</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>7</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>30</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>03:54</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3:54</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>BUF 35</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>6</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>24</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>End of Game</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

finsrclowns
10-31-2004, 04:04 PM
But as my title suggests, we need to keep it in perspective.

You're the kind of guy that would tell the groom after his wedding night, "yeah, you might have had a great night but will she give it to you like that five years from now?"

Sheesh! 38-14! :tired:

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2004, 04:16 PM
You're the kind of guy that would tell the groom after his wedding night, "yeah, you might have had a great night but will she give it to you like that five years from now?"

Sheesh! 38-14! :tired:Yep. :snicker:

youngunz
10-31-2004, 04:36 PM
We had no sustained drives today. Our ST/D put us in a position to win. 3 of 4 TDs started deep in AZ territory and the one we got from our 45 was 2 runs of 58 yards from WM.

I was ready to start this same thread.

I too am very happy we won. We definitely can see what the team can do; however, lets keep in mind that we only played the Cards. If there is one thing to take away; is that a win like this help the locker room and brings a positive mo' coming in to next weeks game against the Jets.

LABillsFan
10-31-2004, 04:55 PM
For what it's worth, I think the Bills are by far the best team among those with 2 or less wins.

ArcticWildMan
10-31-2004, 04:57 PM
For what it's worth, I think the Bills are by far the best team among those with 2 or less wins.

Gee, that makes me feel better. We're the best of the loser bunch. :scared:

LABillsFan
10-31-2004, 05:06 PM
Gee, that makes me feel better. We're the best of the loser bunch. :scared:

Well actually not, because there are other teams with losing records but more wins.

Its just more fun to say these things after a win than after a loss.

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2004, 05:08 PM
I mean it's great we scored in the red zone. That's definitely a huge plus. I just wish we had some sustained drives to convince me the offense is truly improving.

When starting on our own side of the field:

6 out of 9 drives were 3 and out
We had 34 plays and 91 yards, so an average of 2.67 yards per play
Still, a win is a win and I hope the confidence builds. Looking at Big Ben I simply CANNOT WAIT for JP to get in there.

Mad Bomber
10-31-2004, 05:20 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here, but aren't these all GOOD things???

These are the very things that detractors ***** about every week.....bad ST, D not stepping up....now that we score 38 in a game, it's that we didn't have sustained drives when we were up by 3 TDs.

We finally cashed in on another team's mistakes, and still people ***** because we weren't better. This isn't a Superbowl calibre team...let's just enjoy the victory!!!

LABillsFan
10-31-2004, 05:21 PM
I mean it's great we scored in the red zone. That's definitely a huge plus. I just wish we had some sustained drives to convince me the offense is truly improving.

Still, a win is a win and I hope the confidence builds. Looking at Big Ben I simply CANNOT WAIT for JP to get in there.

I saw that stat as well, but the NYG had 7 punts as well, a few teams had 6, while they all weren't 3 and out there are times when you get stopped (as we all know). It was a huge day for the ST's, but it was the offense that scored 4 TD's and set up a field goal.

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2004, 05:36 PM
These are the very things that detractors ***** about every week.....bad ST, D not stepping up....now that we score 38 in a game, it's that we didn't have sustained drives when we were up by 3 TDs.
I've never *****ed about our D. While they've not been perfect, I've always said it was the offense's fault. This game still doesn't make me a believer, given what I posted above.

But as I also said, I'm still HAPPY WE WON. :D

You just need to recognize my happiness is always tempered with a bit of cynicism. :;

Mad Bomber
10-31-2004, 05:51 PM
I've never *****ed about our D. While they've not been perfect, I've always said it was the offense's fault. This game still doesn't make me a believer, given what I posted above.

But as I also said, I'm still HAPPY WE WON. :D

You just need to recognize my happiness is always tempered with a bit of cynicism. :;

Hey man, I've been a Bills fan since the '60s.....Cynicism about the Bills is a LIFESTYLE with me!!!!

finsrclowns
10-31-2004, 05:58 PM
You can find fault with any game...if you want to. Looking for the dark side all the time is a strange way to be a fan IMO. This was a tough day to play offense for both teams, windy, drizzly, and those are two solid defenses. Arizona was #2 in the league going in and had the #1 red zone defense with no rushing TD's allowed. So 31 points by the offense works for me no matter how they did it. Even if we lose all the rest of the games I enjoyed today. :clap:

Patti120
10-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Hey man, I've been a Bills fan since the '60s.....Cynicism about the Bills is a LIFESTYLE with me!!!!

That's the truth

John Doe
10-31-2004, 08:07 PM
I’m with you all the way Mr. Cynical. A win is a win but…

I don’t want to be a “buzz kill” after a rare victory, but where are the “style“ points? When my team puts up 38 points in a windy day, I get just a little depressed unless we throw in a bunch of 90+ yard drives, rack up 300+ yards passing, average 10 yards a play, and toss in about 20 sacks. I feel a little empty, you know? I feel like something is missing. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy - real happy. It’s just that I could be happier. If we could only save the long punt returns and kickoff returns for close games and pad our stats in games like these. Then I think that I might be happier.

I just hope we don’t have any more games where we win by 24 points but don’t have 500 yards of offense. That’s all I’m saying.

Drive 4 Five
10-31-2004, 08:21 PM
edited for content violation

colin
10-31-2004, 08:29 PM
further evidence of quarterback myopia.

our D dominated, our special teams dominated, we had a powerful running game early, and we did a great job in bad weather in the red zone against the best red zone d, and no turnovers against the best ball hawkers in the nfl.

last week was a game where a lack of the ability to run in the red zone and piss play from our qb lost it, this week was a game where our D and special teams managed to make enough plays to put us in a great position to score and for once our o put the rock in the hole.

a team that dominates on D, has outstanding special teams, and is just efficient enough on O to run a bit and score in the red zone is a very good football team. that is what the titans and eagles have been, how the pats have won, and a better team that a team like Indy who can light up the score board but can't control the game.

obviously we are not as good as these teams above, but bad weather teams that play like we did today are very very hard to beat.

this was our best game in over a year by far

ScottLawrence
10-31-2004, 08:52 PM

If your expecting JP to look like Big Ben you'll be very dissapointed.

Big Ben has a VERY good offensive line, two great WR's, and a consistent running game.

We have a some what bad offensive line, one good WR, and an inconsistent running attack.

Not to mention Big Ben is a very mature guy while I hear that JP is very immature.

JP will not play like Ben is playing now, you can take that to the bank.

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2004, 10:26 PM
I’m with you all the way Mr. Cynical. A win is a win but…

I don’t want to be a “buzz kill” after a rare victory, but where are the “style“ points? When my team puts up 38 points in a windy day, I get just a little depressed unless we throw in a bunch of 90+ yard drives, rack up 300+ yards passing, average 10 yards a play, and toss in about 20 sacks. I feel a little empty, you know? I feel like something is missing. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy - real happy. It’s just that I could be happier. If we could only save the long punt returns and kickoff returns for close games and pad our stats in games like these. Then I think that I might be happier.

I just hope we don’t have any more games where we win by 24 points but don’t have 500 yards of offense. That’s all I’m saying.
That's a great point. I agree - let's hope that we never win another game unless the offense scores 50 points and has 500 yards of offense. Glad to see you truly understood what I was saying. :up:

Dozerdog
10-31-2004, 11:35 PM

But as my title suggests, we need to keep it in perspective. The best thing to come out of this game...again...is Willis' performance. (and McGee....finally getting returns again...how many years has it been? Too many) Now if we could only get JP in there I have a feeling we will really start getting pumped. :up:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=home align=left><TD class=home colSpan=6>Bills Drive Chart</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>Start

Time

</TD><TD>Time

Poss

</TD><TD>Drive

Began

</TD><TD># of

Plays

</TD><TD>Yards

Gained

</TD><TD>Result</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>12:48</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3:16</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>ARI 26</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>7</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>19</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Field Goal</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>06:59</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>2:28</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 45</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>4</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>55</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>02:32</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>1:29</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 32</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>0</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>14:15</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>1:28</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>BUF 34</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>-13</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>08:25</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>0:13</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle></TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>0</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>0</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>06:06</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>1:29</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>BUF 15</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>1</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>02:03</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>0:24</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>BUF 4</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>15:00</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>1:24</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 15</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>-1</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>12:34</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3:01</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 14</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>6</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>15</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>05:54</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>2:32</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>BUF 41</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>3</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>7</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Punt</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=left>01:49</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>1:54</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>ARI 19</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>4</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>19</TD><TD class=bg2 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>13:40</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>1:35</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>ARI 11</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>4</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>11</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>10:08</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3:11</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>ARI 30</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>7</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>30</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>Touchdown</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>03:54</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>3:54</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>BUF 35</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>6</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>24</TD><TD class=bg3 align=middle>End of Game</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:rofl:

Let's just conveniently overlook the 2nd and 3rd quarters where the team was heading into another 20-30 MPH wind- as bad if not worse than the Miami game- but unlike the Miami game- they tossed in rain too.

Our choices were- Open up the offense against the wind- throw interceptions/take sacks deep in our own territory

or

Be patient- play conservative-mistake free football for the half we were backed up to our own goal lines and then exploit the 30 minutes we had with the wind.

In Both the Miami and Arizona games- with very similar weather- we we went with option B.

In Both games- we won- and dominated the other teams in the second half.

Tatonka
10-31-2004, 11:57 PM
If your expecting JP to look like Big Ben you'll be very dissapointed.

JP will not play like Ben is playing now, you can take that to the bank.

i expect jp to play better than big ben.

:wink:

Tatonka
10-31-2004, 11:58 PM
but if he doesnt.. i will just be happy because it is not drew. :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2004, 04:11 AM
Our choices were- Open up the offense against the wind- throw interceptions/take sacks deep in our own territory

or

Be patient- play conservative-mistake free football for the half we were backed up to our own goal lines and then exploit the 30 minutes we had with the wind. Let's see... :scratch:

Gains of 0, -13, 0, 1, 3, -1, 15, 7 in 7 consecutive drives. You want to call that "conservative" that's up to you. I call that ineptitude.

I don't care what the wind was. Those kinds of gains are attributable to a bad offense. Remember, wet weather is GOOD for the running game as it is hard to tackle and to react to runners when it's wet. But the run game stalled as well after that second drive, and until we were deep into their territory.

I guess the Ostrich Club is still alive and well. :shakeno:

John Doe
11-01-2004, 05:28 AM
That's a great point. I agree - let's hope that we never win another game unless the offense scores 50 points and has 500 yards of offense. Glad to see you truly understood what I was saying. :up:

I so happy that you agree.

Throne Logic
11-01-2004, 06:47 AM
I have to agree with Mr. C. While it's nice to beat up another bad team who struggles in cold weather elements and has a long road loosing streak, I have reservations about what that means.

Willis did not average 4 yards / carry. Drew, well, nevermind - dead horse.

Ultimately, after this trouncing of the Cardinals, I just don't feel any more confident about this team's chances next week vs. the Jets. Despite the large point differential in the win, Buffalo did not, at any point in the game, display anything that resembled ball control and/or consistency. Especially when they really should have been able to do so toward the end.

Dozerdog
11-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Let's see... :scratch:

Gains of 0, -13, 0, 1, 3, -1, 15, 7 in 7 consecutive drives. You want to call that "conservative" that's up to you. I call that ineptitude.

I don't care what the wind was. Those kinds of gains are attributable to a bad offense. Remember, wet weather is GOOD for the running game as it is hard to tackle and to react to runners when it's wet. But the run game stalled as well after that second drive, and until we were deep into their territory.

How silly of me- you're a stats man. You don't care what conditions are. Stats good- you're happy.

When you face a 30 mph wind, with every drive start for nearly 2 quarters backed up in your zone- with a 10 pooint lead- - I see your point- let's expose our weakness on offense (poor OL & QB) and open up the offense.

Arizona isn't a bunch of idiots. They crowded the Line of scrimmage to stuff the run begging the Bills offense to do something stupid....like pass.

Yeah- our inept offense played right into their hands yesterday...:rolleyes:

Dozerdog
11-01-2004, 07:03 AM
Just another glaring example of nothing is good enough.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Just another glaring example of nothing is good enough.
And another glaring example of burying your head in the sand.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2004, 03:40 PM
I have to agree with Mr. C. While it's nice to beat up another bad team who struggles in cold weather elements and has a long road loosing streak, I have reservations about what that means.

Willis did not average 4 yards / carry. Drew, well, nevermind - dead horse.

Ultimately, after this trouncing of the Cardinals, I just don't feel any more confident about this team's chances next week vs. the Jets. Despite the large point differential in the win, Buffalo did not, at any point in the game, display anything that resembled ball control and/or consistency. Especially when they really should have been able to do so toward the end.
Thanks Throne. At least somebody understands the real situation.

BuffaloRanger
11-01-2004, 03:55 PM
You are all looking past poor offensive play calling that has plaqued this team all year. Yes the line and DB aren't good. Good coaching is supposed to counteract up for that. Clements/Mularky are horrible.

How many times a game do you say...

"What the hell kind of call was that?"

"They took a timeout and came back with that play?"

Instead of playing to his teams strengths, MM tries to fool the opposition by doing something they wouldn't expect. In doing so, he asks to much of his average players, and things go wrong. That's been the story all season.

My wife actually enjoyed the game because I wasn't enraged in the 4th Qtr.

Feeling happy in the 4th was something new for me.

Throne Logic
11-01-2004, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=BuffaloRanger]You are all looking past poor offensive play calling that has plaqued this team all year. Yes the line and DB aren't good. Good coaching is supposed to counteract up for that. Clements/Mularky are horrible.

How many times a game do you say...

"What the hell kind of call was that?"

"They took a timeout and came back with that play?"

Instead of playing to his teams strengths, MM tries to fool the opposition by doing something they wouldn't expect. In doing so, he asks to much of his average players, and things go wrong. That's been the story all season.QUOTE]

I take comfort in the fact that I've reacted like this far fewer times than in each of the past three seasons. Mularky / Clements are far more flexible than Gilbride was. Granted there is still major room for improvement. I would like to see a few more screens.

EDS
11-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Thanks Throne. At least somebody understands the real situation.

I don't think people are indicating that a win over the Cardinals will result in the Bills running the table the rest of the season. Rather people are enjoying a solid victory. Who cares if they had several drives that stalled. The weather conditions were terrible, it made passing the ball very difficult. Both teams knew this so they stacked the lines against the run. Bills ran better then Arizona so they win.

On any given Sunday any team can be beat. A win is a win. I would be more than happy with 9 more of the same.

John Doe
11-01-2004, 04:44 PM
I don't think people are indicating that a win over the Cardinals will result in the Bills running the table the rest of the season. Rather people are enjoying a solid victory. Who cares if they had several drives that stalled. The weather conditions were terrible, it made passing the ball very difficult. Both teams knew this so they stacked the lines against the run. Bills ran better then Arizona so they win.

On any given Sunday any team can be beat. A win is a win. I would be more than happy with 9 more of the same.

Amen

Earthquake Enyart
11-01-2004, 05:09 PM
How silly of me- you're a stats man. You don't care what conditions are. Stats good- you're happy.

When you face a 30 mph wind, with every drive start for nearly 2 quarters backed up in your zone- with a 10 pooint lead- - I see your point- let's expose our weakness on offense (poor OL & QB) and open up the offense.

Arizona isn't a bunch of idiots. They crowded the Line of scrimmage to stuff the run begging the Bills offense to do something stupid....like pass.

Yeah- our inept offense played right into their hands yesterday...:rolleyes:
:bf1:

I love it that weather has nothing to do with anything. Talk about sticking your head in the sand..

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2004, 05:50 PM
:bf1:

I love it that weather has nothing to do with anything. Talk about sticking your head in the sand..
The next Ostrich Club meeting will be held next Monday, 9PM at Dozer's place. Don't be late!

Crisis
11-01-2004, 05:55 PM
I hope you dont live near any large buildings.

If you're this mad when we win, I can only imagine what happens when we lose. :eek:

Earthquake Enyart
11-01-2004, 06:02 PM
The Cardinals must have bigger problems. McCown is throwing to 3 guys who will end up in the Pro Bowl someday and he got less yards than Drew. :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2004, 06:03 PM

If you're this mad when we win, I can only imagine what happens when we lose. :eek:
That's great. Making jokes about blowing up large buildings to a person living in NYC for 14 years is a real class act. Way to go there chief.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2004, 06:06 PM
The Cardinals must have bigger problems. McCown is throwing to 3 guys who will end up in the Pro Bowl someday and he got less yards than Drew. :rolleyes:
That's the spirit. Keep fighting the good fight! Drew will once again regain his glory and all will be well in Buffalo.

finsrclowns
And another glaring example of burying your head in the sand.

Mr. C's "friend"- Mr. C, I just won the lottery! I'm rich! :drool2:

Mr. C- No you're not. Do you have any idea the tax problems you're in for? And all your relatives and friends will be there looking for a handout. You'll probably blow it anyway. :bad:

Mr. C's "friend"- You're right, this sucks. :shocked:

Mr. C- BTW, can you spot me a c note? :$:

Crisis
That's great. Making jokes about blowing up large buildings to a person living in NYC for 14 years is a real class act. Way to go there chief.

Who said anything about blowing anything up?

Way to get all defensive about something chief.

I didn't realise class was acting like an ass when someone gets tired of hearing the same stuff every week.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Who said anything about blowing anything up?

Way to get all defensive about something chief.

I didn't realise class was acting like an ass when someone gets tired of hearing the same stuff every week.
Ok. Then try to explain your joke to everyone. I can't wait to hear this one.

Crisis
11-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Ok. Then try to explain your joke to everyone. I can't wait to hear this one.

I guess people never refer to jumping off large buildings when you talk about the Bills. :rolleyes:

ScottLawrence
11-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Our hopes and dreams of playoffs will all come crashing down in new england two weeks from now.

Someone on another message board summed it up perfectly.....For some odd reason Bledsoe can't play on the road, something happens to him, he goes into a shell and panics like a coward. He just sinks inside and, the more pressure hes feels, the louder the crowd noise, the deeper he sinks.

Its really sad and pathetic.

Unless, Losman is 100% for that game and for some unknown reason MM decides to start him for the game in New England who knows what can happen but, if Bledsoe starts that game, we lose. Simple as that.

Dozerdog
11-01-2004, 07:06 PM

:rofl:

NapalmDeath
11-02-2004, 02:52 AM
Let's see... :scratch:

Did you sit in the stands? I have been going to games since 1986, and I will tell you what. Conditions were pretty nasty. Unlike the couch potato QB that you seem to think you are, If you think the weather had nothing to do with the outcome of the game you are nothing but a fool.

helmetguy
11-02-2004, 05:58 AM
My guess, Napalm, is that he just reads the box scores. To a bean counter. it'sall about the numbers, not where the numbers came from.

Mr. Cynical
11-02-2004, 04:27 PM
My guess, Napalm, is that he just reads the box scores. To a bean counter. it'sall about the numbers, not where the numbers came from.
And your guess would be dead wrong. If stats don't mean anything to you, then I guess our 2-5 stat is insignificant as well.

Mr. Cynical
11-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Did you sit in the stands? I have been going to games since 1986, and I will tell you what. Conditions were pretty nasty. Unlike the couch potato QB that you seem to think you are, If you think the weather had nothing to do with the outcome of the game you are nothing but a fool.
A. Simply sitting in the stands since 1986 makes you no more qualified to assess football than anyone else. Fact.

B. "couch potato QB". First TOS violation.

C. "nothing but a fool". Second TOS violation.

Hopefully the mods have a three strikes and you're out policy because I will bet a third is coming very soon.

NapalmDeath
11-03-2004, 04:44 AM
A. Simply sitting in the stands since 1986 makes you no more qualified to assess football than anyone else. Fact

True I will give you that.....But, Does this mean your comments/thoughts are better than mine? FACT

B. "couch potato QB". First TOS violation.

Wow, I called you an ArmChair QB... Why the hell do you think we all are posting here? What is every poster on this site? Last I knew, not one poster on here has taken a snap with the Bills this year...Should I dig up every time you mention Ostrich Club? FACT.

C. "nothing but a fool". Second TOS violation.

Hopefully the mods have a three strikes and you're out policy because I will bet a third is coming very soon.

Damn dude, I don't wanna be your friend. If you can't take critisism don't whine about it. I disagree with you... And I disagree with your posts in this thread.