PDA

View Full Version : Henry backers...

Nighthawk
10-31-2004, 04:05 PM
To those of you who kept saying that Henry should be the starter...what's your thought's now? Do you now have enough proof that McGahee is the better back for this team, with this line?

ryjam282
10-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Not to mention the fact....McGahee 2 games started, and Bledsoe only sacked 1 time.

He is sooooo dang good at picking up the blitz and chipping the lineman. He is the real deal. I am sorry Travis, but Willis is out guy....Like I have been saying since day 1

Drewpac
10-31-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm not completely sold on Willis yet but I think we should stick with him at this point due to his upside. 3.3 ypc is not something to be excited about. I do like that we're 2-0 with Willis in there.

imbondz
10-31-2004, 04:10 PM
yeah, remember the last time we jumped on a player and labeled him our savior

FTG
10-31-2004, 04:13 PM
I'm not impressed with WIllis. If you take away his 3 longest runs................................... :D

ryjam282
10-31-2004, 04:13 PM
:lolcry:

Nighthawk
10-31-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm not impressed with WIllis. If you take away his 3 longest runs................................... :D

Hey, at least he has the ability to break big runs! :clap:

ArcticWildMan
10-31-2004, 04:16 PM
yeah, remember the last time we jumped on a player and labeled him our savior

:ill:

DraftBoy
10-31-2004, 05:20 PM
I wouldnt call him a savior but he is a gonna be a key component of the big 3: Losman, Evans, McGahee!! No savior just puzzle peices

Michael82
10-31-2004, 09:01 PM
I wouldnt call him a savior but he is a gonna be a key component of the big 3: Losman, Evans, McGahee!! No savior just puzzle peices
Guess who drafted these guys? That's right...everybodies' favorite GM, Tom Donahoe. :gag:

dogg
11-01-2004, 02:22 AM
if he can help us win the jets ill know hes for real...

but look at the two teams we played when he has started...

miami and arizona...

im still in favor of him at this point either way...

shelby
11-01-2004, 04:53 AM
i respect Travis for what he's done for us. Last season he played well, even though he was hurt. The man is a :curse:ing warrior.
Willis has had two good games, and shows a huge amount of promise.

It seems to me they have two different running styles.

Buffalofan
11-01-2004, 07:43 AM
Great game by Willis but I am not entirely sold yet on this guy. When he puts together back to back 1300 yard seasons and makes a trip to the Pro Bowl then I will be a believer. But we might as well accept him as the future because Travis is on his way out of town. Sad thing is though, the less we play him the more his value will drop. At the current rate we will be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him, and thats a shame ! In Travis' defense, he would have done just as well against the Cards as Willis did. Lets see how he does against the Jets next week. But I will take nothing away from Willis .. he did put two in the end zone and thats what it takes to win.

Kenny
11-01-2004, 08:12 AM
if he can help us win the jets ill know hes for real...

but look at the two teams we played when he has started...

miami and arizona...

im still in favor of him at this point either way...
There's nothing wrong with Miami's run defense. Dont let the stats hide the fact that they're a hell of a good defense, both pass and run. They might rank near the bottom in total rushing yards given up a game, but it's only because they also rank near the top when it comes to total rushing attempts per game also (over 30+ attempts/game). They still only allow 4yds/carry, which is pretty good in this league.

And dont take anything away from his performance yesterday. Arizona's run defense isnt anywhere near the top of the league, but it was ALL Willis yesterday.
The OL didnt help one bit, -Willis was breaking tackle after tackle after tackle. Plus he's been able to do what other teams in this league havent been able to do: score a rushing TD.

BTW, given the situation yesterday, do you really think Henry could of done it? The way he's been running lately, there's no way he'd be able to break ANY tackles.

tampabay25690
11-01-2004, 08:24 AM
To those of you who kept saying that Henry should be the starter...what's your thought's now? Do you now have enough proof that McGahee is the better back for this team, with this line?

I will be honest, I like Travis but his days are over here. It is pretty sad when a guy rushes for 1300 yards and doesnt even play!!!! Good luck to him next year!!!!

Typ0
11-01-2004, 09:34 AM
play TH...let him take the punishment for this pathetic lost season not WM.

Kolbiss
11-01-2004, 11:27 AM

I am not sure I understand this??? What your saying is, if you take away what he did good, then he really didn't do that good????

justasportsfan
11-01-2004, 11:33 AM
i respect Travis for what he's done for us. Last season he played well, even though he was hurt. The man is a :curse:ing warrior.
Willis has had two good games, and shows a huge amount of promise.

It seems to me they have two different running styles. :up:

Kolbiss
11-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Wow!! Arctic wild Man, that is some rep you got there!!! :shocked:

BuffaloRanger
11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
I am not sure I understand this??? What your saying is, if you take away what he did good, then he really didn't do that good????

No he's saying on his last 26 carries he AVERAGED 2.2 yds a carry.

Now there was many a play when he was tackled for a loss or no gain when I said "On that play, I wonder who was supoosed to block those 2 guys that came in untouched." So it was the poor play calling and blocking that hurt him most.

When your 1-5 you change what you can. I like WM. I don't think trading TH for a 3 or 4th rd pick is wise. If you can't get a 2nd, keep him as the leagues best backup. RBs get hurt and he's got a great contract cap-wise.

Kenny
11-01-2004, 04:16 PM
I don't think trading TH for a 3 or 4th rd pick is wise. If you can't get a 2nd, keep him as the leagues best backup. RBs get hurt and he's got a great contract cap-wise.
Arent you forgetting that Henry WONT play second fiddle? Either he's the starter, or he's out... that's the gist of what he said before.

So either we get a 2nd, or a 3rd, or a 4th pick... or else we have a disgruntled backup RB, who'll probably hold out.

Typ0
11-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Arent you forgetting that Henry WONT play second fiddle? Either he's the starter, or he's out... that's the gist of what he said before.

So either we get a 2nd, or a 3rd, or a 4th pick... or else we have a disgruntled backup RB, who'll probably hold out.

let him get the carries.

Drive 4 Five
11-01-2004, 07:42 PM
I wish Travis would stay and realize that maybe Tom Donaohe has not f**ked things up as bad as everyone on this forum would like to think, and that maybe we're onto something here. The thing of it is, McGahee is an every down back. The guy can do it all and excels at the skills that Henry seems to lack (like pass blocking and receiving). Ultimately I think that is why Henry will not and could not stay. He will rarely get any touches unless there is an injury.