X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • youngunz
    • Oct 2004

GAME MVP???

At first thought I was ready to give the Game MVP to Willis McGahee. He did of course have another bone shattering stiff arm, ran for 100+ yards and found the end zone. But the more I thought about it....these were all the same things Travis does when healthy and he did carry the ball 30 times for 102yds. only a 3.4 p/c avg. Not a statement type game to unseat the starter (IMO).

Then I started thinking well maybe the ST unit (funny thats Taskers initials).

But then I realized. SAM ADAMS was the MVP hands down.Adams abused the rookie center all day long. And then even in the forth qtr he was used as an extra TE and blew the DE 5yrds in to the endzone. If you remember the first play the Bills ran to the other side. Somebody in the booth must have seen what Sam did ..because the very next play they ran right behind him and McGahee had his 2nd Touchdown.

Just a thought...maybe we could move Mike Wiliams to Gaurd and Adams to Tackle. Let Ron Edwards play the under tackle instead of Adams (...just a thought :) )
    "If winning isn't everything then why do they keep score..."
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

special teams was great today.

sam adams was great today.

denny played very good.. milloy played good.. mike williams played very good.. willis played very good.. drew didnt **** the game up (althought he still fumbled a ball and threw for less than 50% completion percentage.. to go with 81 yards.. WOW)

alot of people contributed to this win.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by youngunz
      If you remember the first play the Bills ran to the other side. Somebody in the booth must have seen what Sam did ..because the very next play they ran right behind him and McGahee had his 2nd Touchdown.
      I was thinking the same thing. I think the first play was to see how SA would do and then BOOM right behind him. He would be my second choice because there were some holes in the middle of the D that were exploited a few times.

I'm going to give it Clements though. He had some huge returns that significantly helped out the offense, played the fake reverse well (but not great he was able to get around to the outside though) and did a good job in coverage
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by youngunz
        . But the more I thought about it....these were all the same things Travis does when healthy and he did carry the ball 30 times for 102yds. only a 3.4 p/c avg. Not a statement type game to unseat the starter (IMO).

Ok so what the hell do you want the kid to do, he breaks 2 20+ yd runs, runs for 2 TD's. Gets his 2nd 100 yard game in only his 2nd start. Henry was healthy all 4 of the 1st weeks of the season yet I didnt`see him do any of the things you claim he does when he is healthy. Give the kid the props where they are do. He had an amazing 1st half and a lackluster 2nd bc Arizone keyed on the run. No fumbles, no missed blocks, and kept the pressure off Drew, he was our MVP.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• honey
          • Aug 2002

I think McGahee should get the MVP today. He was abfab!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Ok so what the hell do you want the kid to do, he breaks 2 20+ yd runs, runs for 2 TD's. Gets his 2nd 100 yard game in only his 2nd start. Henry was healthy all 4 of the 1st weeks of the season yet I didnt`see him do any of the things you claim he does when he is healthy. Give the kid the props where they are do. He had an amazing 1st half and a lackluster 2nd bc Arizone keyed on the run. No fumbles, no missed blocks, and kept the pressure off Drew, he was our MVP.

There's a lot more to a game than stats....it's not the 3.4 ypc that matters, but the fact that he got yards when we needed them, and put the ball into the end zone.

Comment

• finsrclowns
              • Apr 2004

Yeah, I'm glad that "insubordinate" Adams didn't get released. He was awesome. Mcgee was awesome on the kick return, key play of the game. Clements was awesome on punt returns. McGahee is a player.
              finsrclowns

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=Tatonka] drew didnt **** the game up (althought he still fumbled a ball and threw for less than 50% completion percentage.. to go with 81 yards.. WOW)
                QUOTE]

and 2 TD Passes.

I'm ready for Losman, but Bledsoe get some credit.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

yeah.. because those were just incredibly tough tds he threw..

again.. any qb in the league can toss those.. a fade pattern that moulds made a great catch on a.. and a toss to the flat that euhus takes in himself..

bledsoe is a piece of ****.

he fumbled.. again.. he threw for 47%... and 81 yards.. wow..

sorry.. you dont get credit for being an average piece of **** on a good day.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    yeah.. because those were just incredibly tough tds he threw..

again.. any qb in the league can toss those.. a fade pattern that moulds made a great catch on a.. and a toss to the flat that euhus takes in himself..

bledsoe is a piece of ****.

he fumbled.. again.. he threw for 47%... and 81 yards.. wow..

sorry.. you dont get credit for being an average piece of **** on a good day.
                    On Bledsoe's fumble it was bad snap the blame goes both ways and the wind was friggin nuts neither QB attempted much in the air. Bledsoe played fair. 2 TD's but still fumbled. Didnt win and didnt lose which is what I want him here to do.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

Bills scored five TDs today and it's all because of Drew. We won the game and it was because of Drew. QBs get all the blame when we lose, so conversely...

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

I saw Milloy show up once. BFD!
                        GAMEBALL to McGee! That's right, MCGEE! :UP:
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Billzz
                          • Sep 2003

MVP was the entire team for once. No real shining stars just a solid all around effort that put a smile on face. While I smiled after the first TD when they got the ball in the red zone the first time I was yelling so loud I woke my daughter up from her nap. Way too many passes for my taste with such a extrodinary running back at your disposal. They should of had a TD instead of a FG but a win is a win.

Comment

• DaBills
                            • Sep 2004

Game ball to the team today. ST and D deserve it most, but give it to the team.
                            “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=casdhf]
                              Originally posted by Tatonka
                              drew didnt **** the game up (althought he still fumbled a ball and threw for less than 50% completion percentage.. to go with 81 yards.. WOW)
                              QUOTE]

and 2 TD Passes.

I'm ready for Losman, but Bledsoe get some credit.
                              I won't say Drew ****'d up the game, but right off the bat he threw it WAY OVER Moulds head...and Moulds jumped up as high as he could and it still sailed out of bounds over his hands. What the hell was Drew thinking?
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X