PDA

View Full Version : Trent Bledsoe did what he was supposed to today

DaBills
10-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Overall, the D, ST and running game stepped up big time to spur the scoring.

As for Drew Dilfer, 8/17 for 81 was extremely average. 2 TDs. 0 INTs. 0 sacks. But with the D playing the way they did and the running game established, he does not have to do any more than this. When he starts getting greeding and going deep, or throwing constantly in the red zone is when we get in trouble. (The fade to Moulds and the short out to the TE notwithstanding. Oh I forgot, all the incompletes weren't his doing, just the good stuff.)

So some will say Drew was great and didn't make mistakes. Whatever. We're still running the reverse. Wow. That works. What about Drew's vaunted play-action? Two weeks now we had starting field position inside the the opponents 30 and had to settle for 3!!! That's absurd. This win has not cured Drew, because we rushed for a TD before he threw his first.

This is the best we can hope for for Drew, and it's the role he should accept. The Ravens' Super Bowl D didn't need Dilfer to be a mad bomber. They could run – and they could stop the run. We are almost there. As long as Drew stays out of the way.

The only problem with the D is the secondary. We are still dodging bullets on passing plays, or giving up way too many 3rd down conversions. How many times did we almost get a sack today or create serious pressure, only to see the pass chucked up and caught between our DB's? There's no way that should be happening, but week in and week out, it does.

Vincent is sorely needed out there. McGee is lucky he wasn't burned on many plays.

Flame away Bledsoe fans.

:bighug:

Billzz
10-31-2004, 07:34 PM
Don't think it was so much DB consdering he could of easily had 1 pick that was dropped as it was play calling. They gave DB a chance to spark the offense but alas he fell short as always. Give MM credit for taking the game and slowing it down for DB in terrible conditions. Hopefully we can carry momentum and finish a strong second half of the season.

Iehoshua
10-31-2004, 07:47 PM

As for Drew Dilfer, 8/17 for 81 was extremely average. 2 TDs. 0 INTs. 0 sacks. But with the D playing the way they did and the running game established, he does not have to do any more than this. When he starts getting greeding and going deep, or throwing constantly in the red zone is when we get in trouble. (The fade to Moulds and the short out to the TE notwithstanding. Oh I forgot, all the incompletes weren't his doing, just the good stuff.)

So some will say Drew was great and didn't make mistakes. Whatever. We're still running the reverse. Wow. That works. What about Drew's vaunted play-action? Two weeks now we had starting field position inside the the opponents 30 and had to settle for 3!!! That's absurd. This win has not cured Drew, because we rushed for a TD before he threw his first.

This is the best we can hope for for Drew, and it's the role he should accept. The Ravens' Super Bowl D didn't need Dilfer to be a mad bomber. They could run – and they could stop the run. We are almost there. As long as Drew stays out of the way.

The only problem with the D is the secondary. We are still dodging bullets on passing plays, or giving up way too many 3rd down conversions. How many times did we almost get a sack today or create serious pressure, only to see the pass chucked up and caught between our DB's? There's no way that should be happening, but week in and week out, it does.

Vincent is sorely needed out there. McGee is lucky he wasn't burned on many plays.

Flame away Bledsoe fans.

Well said. Remember this was a against the CARDINALS, however....

Drive 4 Five
10-31-2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah hopefully. I still feel that Bledsoe should be sat as soon as Losman is ready to play. If all we need is someone to manage the game and not f**k up, then we need not waste anymore time and money on this guy. The sooner he is gone, the better off we will be. Besides, I have already traded him on my Madden Bills team. To the Cardinals....

BillyT92679
10-31-2004, 08:05 PM
I was at the game... not saying Bledsoe did well, because the numbers speak for themselves. BUT, to be fair, these were tropical storm like gusts that were coming right from the northwest... Dan Marino or John Elway in their prime would have struggled today.

Drive 4 Five
10-31-2004, 08:13 PM
All I have to say is that I am glad the Bills won, especially for you guys & gals who were actually at the game, freezing your asses off, for the sake of these underachieveing sons a *****es.

SABURZFAN
11-01-2004, 01:36 PM
i noticed a couple plays where bledsoe got rid of the ball and not a take a sack.if only he can be that consistant every week.

Jayhawk
11-01-2004, 02:25 PM
you can't put 100 up on the cards you need to be gone.

DaBills
11-01-2004, 07:44 PM
"I was at the game... not saying Bledsoe did well, because the numbers speak for themselves. BUT, to be fair, these were tropical storm like gusts that were coming right from the northwest..."

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I don't need to see Drew try and be an Elway or a marino at this point. Just play within a simple plan. We got the run going, and the D is solid for the most part. Next week, more of the same please.

Mad Bomber
11-01-2004, 09:19 PM

Flame away Bledsoe fans.

:bf1:

Well said. All Drew had to do was not lose this for us...meaning no turnovers, etc. In this game you can't look at the stats...87 yards passing, but 20 of those yards were for 2 TDs! Hey, Jake Plummer passed for 499 yards last night in a LOSING effort! You also have to factor in the wind...McCown said after the game that he had a new-found respect for what Jim Kelly did playing in this stadium; he said it's the worst conditions he's ever played in.

In the conditions that we played in yesterday, running the ball and playing for field position are the two most important things you can do. We did both well. Moorman was AWESOME punting into that wind. Our STs played great and we got some good returns. Then, when we had good field position, we finally put the ball in the end zone.

I'm not saying that we're SuperBowl - or even playoff - material yet, but this was the first glimmer of hope I've seen for some time. We actually beat a team that we should have beaten! And if you recall, last week people weren't giving us too much of a chance even for that, since the Cards had beaten the Seahawks last week.