PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain to me

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-31-2004, 09:23 PM
I was listening to Murph and VanPelt on the radio and they said that the BILLS we're challanging the call on the field but the ref said that the Cardinals were challenging the play and then the ref said "that the play stood and that the Cardinals were charged a TO" then he got called back and said that the play didn't stand and that we got a TO taken away how could that be if we didn't even challenge the call can somebody please tell me that. :feedback:

OpIv37
10-31-2004, 09:29 PM
I was listening to Murph and VanPelt on the radio and they said that the BILLS we're challanging the call on the field but the ref said that the Cardinals were challenging the play and then the ref said "that the play stood and that the Cardinals were charged a TO" then he got called back and said that the play didn't stand and that we got a TO taken away how could that be if we didn't even challenge the call can somebody please tell me that. :feedback:

Both the Bills and the Cardinals challenged the play- Dennis Green thought Nate Clements touched the ball, which would have made it a fumble. Mularkey thought the guy that downed the ball was out of bounds, which he was. But Green threw the flag first so they took the Cardinals challenge.

Upon further review, the refs determined that Clements didn't touch the ball, BUT the Cardinal who downed it was out of bounds and thus it was illegal for him to be the first person to touch the ball. So the call on the field about the fumble stood, but they penalized the Cardinals for illegal touching. Intially they charged Az with a time-out, but then the refs corrected themselves and didn't charge them with a time-out because an aspect of the play was changed.

Basically, the refs made a whole slew of mistakes, although to their credit they did eventually get the call right (after 10 minutes of wasted time).

mush69
10-31-2004, 09:31 PM
I think the Cardinals challenged the Moulds TD, but that I think was the only Challenge of the game. Which ended up been ruled a completion for the TD. :idunno:

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2004, 09:32 PM
Jeez. Thanks for clearing it up Op. I didnt' know WTF was going on.

OpIv37
10-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Jeez. Thanks for clearing it up Op. I didnt' know WTF was going on.

No problemo

mush69
10-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Both the Bills and the Cardinals challenged the play- Dennis Green thought Nate Clements touched the ball, which would have made it a fumble. Mularkey thought the guy that downed the ball was out of bounds, which he was. But Green threw the flag first so they took the Cardinals challenge.

Upon further review, the refs determined that Clements didn't touch the ball, BUT the Cardinal who downed it was out of bounds and thus it was illegal for him to be the first person to touch the ball. So the call on the field about the fumble stood, but they penalized the Cardinals for illegal touching. Intially they charged Az with a time-out, but then the refs corrected themselves and didn't charge them with a time-out because an aspect of the play was changed.

Basically, the refs made a whole slew of mistakes, although to their credit they did eventually get the call right (after 10 minutes of wasted time).

Oops..forgot about that one, I was probably looking for my little Jewish Girl in the stands.

hurls
10-31-2004, 09:39 PM

It was funny listening to Murph saying there were two red flags on the ground. And AVP had no clue either.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-31-2004, 09:44 PM
Does anyone think that the rules are 2 complicated they should go to the college football rules that's why the refs are getting them wrong and they have to rely on the people upstairs.

JJamezz
10-31-2004, 09:45 PM
Yeah, that was strange - I don't know that that's ever happened before...

Fortunately they let that part of the call stand, because Nate DID touch the ball, it was pretty obvious from the replay, not sure why they couldn't see it. But it made up for some other REALLY ugly BS calls against us, that roughing the passer on Sam Adams for one.. :mad:

JJamezz
10-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Does anyone think that the rules are 2 complicated they should go to the college football rules that's why the refs are getting them wrong and they have to rely on the people upstairs.

I'm starting to think the refs would do better to BE upstairs.

hurls
10-31-2004, 09:47 PM

I think if they're gonna have replay, leave it up to a man in the booth. If it's questionable, call down. If not, do away with it altogether. The play should be called correctly, a team's timeouts shouldn't be a casualty.

Dozerdog
10-31-2004, 11:05 PM
I think the Cardinals challenged the Moulds TD, but that I think was the only Challenge of the game. Which ended up been ruled a completion for the TD. :idunno:

Uh...no- while you were getting lucky- this whole 10 minute challenge on the punt thing happened.

OpIv37
11-01-2004, 07:12 AM
Uh...no- while you were getting lucky- this whole 10 minute challenge on the punt thing happened.

if he missed the whole thing getting lucky, it had to be shorter than 10 minutes

sorry mush- that one was too easy.