PDA

View Full Version : If you take out the 24 yard run by McGahee

Ebenezer
11-01-2004, 11:23 AM
That means he had 82 yards on 29 carries...2.8 per rush...

I hope that that stat is duly noted in some articles about Sunday's game :snicker:

BAM
11-01-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm sure it will be. :down:

Tatonka
11-01-2004, 11:27 AM
sup wys.

LABillsFan
11-01-2004, 11:33 AM

I hope that that stat is duly noted in some articles about Sunday's game :snicker:

Not only that, but if you take away his first 29 rushes, he only averaged 1.0 ypc. I just don't see that getting it done in this league.

Mahdi
11-01-2004, 11:34 AM
The fact that he was able to rush for 100 yards when arizona was stacking the box on every play was impressive. They knew we werent going to pass, that makes stopping the run a lot easier, so credit to so cant take nething away from Mcgahee.

northernbillfan
11-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Can't we enjoy a victory, no matter how realistic the stats are?

Kolbiss
11-01-2004, 11:47 AM

Im sorry....I just don't understand the argument??? every back has minimal yds per carry throughout the game, and then they break a couple. You can also argue that if you take away the little gains, he averged 15 yds per carry!!!!!!!! The fact is, the 24 yard run was part of his day. He did a great job.

BAM
11-01-2004, 11:49 AM
Im sorry....I just don't understand the argument??? every back has minimal yds per carry throughout the game, and then they break a couple. You can also argue that if youe take away the little gains, he averged 15 yds per carry!!!!!!!! The fact is, the 24 yard run was part of his day. He did a great job.

Agreed. I never got the "take away this, take away that..." arguments. ******ed.

I'm pretty sure Eb was being sarcastic though.

Kolbiss
11-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Agreed. I never got the "take away this, take away that..." arguments. ******ed.

Oh! I guess I don't know EB well enough.

Buckets
11-01-2004, 11:51 AM

You are an idiot.

Ebenezer
11-01-2004, 11:52 AM

You are correct...the knock was not on McGahee...

Kolbiss
11-01-2004, 11:54 AM
You are correct...the knock was not on McGahee...

:peace:

Philagape
11-01-2004, 12:11 PM
If you take away the points we scored, we lost.

The Natrix
11-01-2004, 12:36 PM
If you take away Bledsoe's 5 worst plays, he still stunk.

Kolbiss
11-01-2004, 01:22 PM

LOL!!!!

LtBillsFan66
11-01-2004, 01:24 PM
:rofl:

RB: B I realize this is going to be unpopular, but it's a good thing that my reputation has not been built on saying what is popular, rather what is truthful. McGahee had a good game, not a great one by any stretch. Yes he had 102 yards, but on 30 carries for only a 3.4 yard-per-carry average. Of that 102, 4 carries for 50 yards were on the Bills first scoring drive which was by far the longest offensive scoring drive of the day starting at the Bills' own 45-yard line. McGahee deserves big props for providing that drive all by himself.

Throughout the rest of the game however, McGahee had 26 carries for 52 yards, a 2.0 yards-per-carry average and was 15 for 24 (1.6 ypc) over the last 50 minutes of the game and in the second half when we really needed him! While everyone will be hooting and hollering, suffice it to say that consistency was not his strong suit on Sunday. It has been the single biggest knock of his early career. The Cards allow an average of 4.5 ypc, McGahee averaged over a full yard below that. His blocking was solid.

askabry
11-01-2004, 01:39 PM
In two starts, he has more long runs than you would see out of Henry in four or five games. Moreover, he accomplished that against the Miami Dolphins and in an environment when passing simply wasn't an option. The offense isn't expected to move the ball. It's expected to score, and preferably score touchdowns.

Is he a savior? Well ... I can only go by what I see. In ten quarters of play where he was the dominant runner, the Buffalo Bills scored 72 points ... and in the remaining eighteen quarters we've put up something like 43 points.

I don't expect it to continue and yes, he's capable of being stopped. The cost of stopping him is to overcommit to the run. It's clear to me at least that he's adding something to the club.

This isn't some magically difficult equation. Add McGahee ... get better results. The results aren't measured in the seven drives that ended in punts. They are measured by the points on the scoreboard.

BAM
11-01-2004, 01:41 PM
If you take away the girls I've been with, I'm still a virgin. :(

lordofgun
11-01-2004, 02:08 PM

RB: B I realize this is going to be unpopular, but it's a good thing that my reputation has not been built on saying what is popular, rather what is truthful. McGahee had a good game, not a great one by any stretch. Yes he had 102 yards, but on 30 carries for only a 3.4 yard-per-carry average. Of that 102, 4 carries for 50 yards were on the Bills first scoring drive which was by far the longest offensive scoring drive of the day starting at the Bills' own 45-yard line. McGahee deserves big props for providing that drive all by himself.

Throughout the rest of the game however, McGahee had 26 carries for 52 yards, a 2.0 yards-per-carry average and was 15 for 24 (1.6 ypc) over the last 50 minutes of the game and in the second half when we really needed him! While everyone will be hooting and hollering, suffice it to say that consistency was not his strong suit on Sunday. It has been the single biggest knock of his early career. The Cards allow an average of 4.5 ypc, McGahee averaged over a full yard below that. His blocking was solid.

What he doesn't take into account is that in two of the quarters, the cards were stacking the run box because Bledsoe couldn't throw the ball into that wind. And their safeties were pressing like crazy because the Bills never took a shot deep...and rightfully so for the most part in that weather.

LtBillsFan66
11-01-2004, 02:12 PM
If I had the time and energy, I would do that analysis for every back in the league (history too) to prove how stupid that analysis is.

Dozerdog
11-01-2004, 02:20 PM

What he doesn't take into account is that in two of the quarters, the cards were stacking the run box because Bledsoe couldn't throw the ball into that wind. And their safeties were pressing like crazy because the Bills never took a shot deep...and rightfully so for the most part in that weather.

Remember how horrible it was around 10 AM for the Miami Tailgate? It was about 10 degrees warmer, and about 5-10 MPH windier.

Ebenezer
11-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Remember how horrible it was around 10 AM for the Miami Tailgate? It was about 10 degrees warmer, and about 5-10 MPH windier.
and the Miami winds were gusty...yesterday they were constant...

SABURZFAN
11-01-2004, 02:54 PM

that shows how pathetic our OL is.the Cards defense is no run stopper.

Ebenezer
11-01-2004, 02:57 PM
that shows how pathetic our OL is.the Cards defense is no run stopper.
that has been the point of what we have been saying since Flutie was here...this line sucks...problem #1.

SABURZFAN
11-01-2004, 03:26 PM
that has been the point of what we have been saying since Flutie was here...this line sucks...problem #1.

we've been hollering about it for the last few years too.what does Donna Ho do?he deals 2 1st rounders,a 2nd,and a 5th for 2 QBs and drafts WRs with a 1st,2nd,and 4th.WTF????? :mad:

BuffaloRanger
11-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Did anyone notice on the scoreboard during the game the story about the Bills RB Joe Cribbs.

It went something like "rushed for over 1,000 yds without a single run over 20yds during 198x season."

I though, "None of that infamous, game breaking ability, huh" They made it sound like that was special, but now it's a sign of weakness.

HAMMER
11-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Can't we enjoy a victory, no matter how realistic the stats are?
Thanks NBF, I too would just like to enjoy victory Monday w/o analyzing every angle of every player. We all know the issues.

finsrclowns
11-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks NBF, I too would just like to enjoy victory Monday w/o analyzing every angle of every player. We all know the issues.

:up:

The_Philster
11-01-2004, 06:23 PM

RB: B I realize this is going to be unpopular, but it’s a good thing that my reputation has not been built on saying what is popular, rather what is truthful. McGahee had a good game, not a great one by any stretch. Yes he had 102 yards, but on 30 carries for only a 3.4 yard-per-carry average. Of that 102, 4 carries for 50 yards were on the Bills first scoring drive which was by far the longest offensive scoring drive of the day starting at the Bills’ own 45-yard line. McGahee deserves big props for providing that drive all by himself. link (http://bills.scout.com/2/313417.html)

Liverpoolkev
11-01-2004, 06:39 PM

I'm pretty sure Eb was being sarcastic though.Thats as silly as not letting him touch the ball again when he had 82 yrd on just 9 carries and a touchdown in the 1st half.

Mad Bomber
11-01-2004, 07:07 PM

Thanks, Phil! At least someone else picked up on the sarcasm of Eb's post!!!