• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Update: Dallas would receive...

At this point if the season ended the pick given up for Losman would be the 10th overall...getting better...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It's a double -edged sword.

The Quicker we get Losman in, the lower that draft pick will be at year's end. Going with Drew the whole year will have us finish higher- but is it in the best interest of the franchise?

Bengals decided to stick with Kitna last year in an attempt to make the playoffs. Had they taken their lumps with Palmer last year they might be more compeditive this year.

San Diego and the Giants are now in the same boat.

But we are realistically finished for the playoffs unless we get a 4-5 game win streak going pronto.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      But we are realistically finished for the playoffs unless we get a 4-5 game win streak going pronto.
      That would be sweeeeet!

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

The Quicker we get Losman in, the lower that draft pick will be at year's end. Going with Drew the whole year will have us finish higher- but is it in the best interest of the franchise?

Bengals decided to stick with Kitna last year in an attempt to make the playoffs. Had they taken their lumps with Palmer last year they might be more compeditive this year.

The good news is that even if Losman does not play this year it will be much easier for Mularkey to insert him into the starting line-up given Bledsoe's play to date this season. In Cinncinnati they had to benck Kitna coming off a pro bowl season, San Diego might have to do the same with Brees.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

The point being Losman's development will cost us games we normally might win. It's already happening in Cincy. It's inevitable and part of the QB learning curve. Do we take the lumps now or next season?

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
            WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
            • Mar 2003

The point being Losman's development will cost us games we normally might win. It's already happening in Cincy. It's inevitable and part of the QB learning curve. Do we take the lumps now or next season?

Unless your #7 is wearing black and yellow.
            Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Personally Im all in favor to see Bledsoe and Losman split time till near week 13-15. At that point if Drew's play is still subpar than put Losman in fulltime in hopes of accelerating the learning curve. At the same time if Losman does not have a near full grasp of the playbook I do not want him out there.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• danny4804
                AJ FEELEY..WORST QB RATING IN ALL OF FOOTBALL!! 61.7
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                At this point if the season ended the pick given up for Losman would be the 10th overall...getting better...
                I still make the trade. I like Losman

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by danny4804
                  I still make the trade. I like Losman

WHY???what's there to like?he hasn't done squat.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

We definitely take the lumps now if Losman is healthy, but only if he is completely healthy. I am guessing he gets 4 starts this year which will aid in his off-season preparation.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Going with Drew the whole year will have us finish higher- but is it in the best interest of the franchise?
                      How do you know this? I don't see Ben tanking the Steelers. What has Drew been doing that has been so great? Nothing. We're 2-5, and he's done nothing to make the team better, and has done alot to make the team worse.

I could care less about where Dallas picks (honestly, what impact does that have on the Bills other than pride....nothing) so I wan't the team to start getting better asap. Willis was step one. JP is step two. And I can see us potentially winning as many or more games with JP than with Drew. Why? Willis made the oline look a little better yesterday, right? With JP's mobility I think he will help them look better as well. And from the thread I posted on the positive effect WM had on the oline's confidence, the same could be said when JP gets in there. The oline gets nothing emotionally from Drew, that much is clear.
                      Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 11-01-2004, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                        Unless your #7 is wearing black and yellow.
                        relax...it's not like TD had the chance to pass over him...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I disagree that our record will be worse if Losman starts. Could he possibly be worse than Drew's been so far?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                            • Jan 2004

I like our chances with Losman managing the game and, not making any dumb decisions as opposed to Drew.

So, yea, I could see us doing better with Losman as our quarterback.

Infact, I think we have a better chance to make a "run" at the playoffs with JP starting rather then Drew.
                            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
                              Exhausted of Losing
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by EDS
                              San Diego might have to do the same with Brees.
                              Actually Brees's contract runs out after the season and rumors are he won't be resigned to make room for Rivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X