PDA

View Full Version : Update: Dallas would receive...

Ebenezer
11-01-2004, 02:54 PM
At this point if the season ended the pick given up for Losman would be the 10th overall...getting better...

Dozerdog
11-01-2004, 02:58 PM
It's a double -edged sword.

The Quicker we get Losman in, the lower that draft pick will be at year's end. Going with Drew the whole year will have us finish higher- but is it in the best interest of the franchise?

Bengals decided to stick with Kitna last year in an attempt to make the playoffs. Had they taken their lumps with Palmer last year they might be more compeditive this year.

San Diego and the Giants are now in the same boat.

But we are realistically finished for the playoffs unless we get a 4-5 game win streak going pronto.

Jeff1220
11-01-2004, 03:04 PM
But we are realistically finished for the playoffs unless we get a 4-5 game win streak going pronto.

That would be sweeeeet!

EDS
11-01-2004, 03:04 PM

The Quicker we get Losman in, the lower that draft pick will be at year's end. Going with Drew the whole year will have us finish higher- but is it in the best interest of the franchise?

Bengals decided to stick with Kitna last year in an attempt to make the playoffs. Had they taken their lumps with Palmer last year they might be more compeditive this year.

The good news is that even if Losman does not play this year it will be much easier for Mularkey to insert him into the starting line-up given Bledsoe's play to date this season. In Cinncinnati they had to benck Kitna coming off a pro bowl season, San Diego might have to do the same with Brees.

Dozerdog
11-01-2004, 03:08 PM
The point being Losman's development will cost us games we normally might win. It's already happening in Cincy. It's inevitable and part of the QB learning curve. Do we take the lumps now or next season?

BuffaloRanger
11-01-2004, 03:10 PM
The point being Losman's development will cost us games we normally might win. It's already happening in Cincy. It's inevitable and part of the QB learning curve. Do we take the lumps now or next season?

Unless your #7 is wearing black and yellow. :fury:

DraftBoy
11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Personally Im all in favor to see Bledsoe and Losman split time till near week 13-15. At that point if Drew's play is still subpar than put Losman in fulltime in hopes of accelerating the learning curve. At the same time if Losman does not have a near full grasp of the playbook I do not want him out there.

Kolbiss
11-01-2004, 03:16 PM
At this point if the season ended the pick given up for Losman would be the 10th overall...getting better...

I still make the trade. I like Losman

SABURZFAN
11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
I still make the trade. I like Losman

WHY???what's there to like?he hasn't done squat. :mad:

EDS
11-01-2004, 03:39 PM

We definitely take the lumps now if Losman is healthy, but only if he is completely healthy. I am guessing he gets 4 starts this year which will aid in his off-season preparation.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Going with Drew the whole year will have us finish higher- but is it in the best interest of the franchise? How do you know this? I don't see Ben tanking the Steelers. What has Drew been doing that has been so great? Nothing. We're 2-5, and he's done nothing to make the team better, and has done alot to make the team worse.

I could care less about where Dallas picks (honestly, what impact does that have on the Bills other than pride....nothing) so I wan't the team to start getting better asap. Willis was step one. JP is step two. And I can see us potentially winning as many or more games with JP than with Drew. Why? Willis made the oline look a little better yesterday, right? With JP's mobility I think he will help them look better as well. And from the thread I posted on the positive effect WM had on the oline's confidence, the same could be said when JP gets in there. The oline gets nothing emotionally from Drew, that much is clear.

Ebenezer
11-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Unless your #7 is wearing black and yellow. :fury:
relax...it's not like TD had the chance to pass over him...

lordofgun
11-01-2004, 04:51 PM

I disagree that our record will be worse if Losman starts. Could he possibly be worse than Drew's been so far?

ScottLawrence
11-01-2004, 04:53 PM
I like our chances with Losman managing the game and, not making any dumb decisions as opposed to Drew.

So, yea, I could see us doing better with Losman as our quarterback.

Infact, I think we have a better chance to make a "run" at the playoffs with JP starting rather then Drew.

BillsRockSOMUCH
11-01-2004, 06:47 PM
San Diego might have to do the same with Brees.
Actually Brees's contract runs out after the season and rumors are he won't be resigned to make room for Rivers.

BillsRockSOMUCH
11-01-2004, 06:49 PM
I like our chances with Losman managing the game and, not making any dumb decisions as opposed to Drew.

So, yea, I could see us doing better with Losman as our quarterback.

Infact, I think we have a better chance to make a "run" at the playoffs with JP starting rather then Drew.
We still don't know about Losman, I think he will go through growing pains but I think he could really use the experience.

ScottLawrence
11-01-2004, 06:51 PM
We still don't know about Losman, I think he will go through growing pains but I think he could really use the experience.

I'd rather experience growing pains with Losman then Bledsoe pains. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Man, im funny.

ScottLawrence
11-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Actually Brees's contract runs out after the season and rumors are he won't be resigned to make room for Rivers.

Why would they? That would be pointless, they just drafted Rivers to be there future quarterback.

IMO, Brees will sign with either Miami, Green Bay, Kansas City, or Oakland for a big contract in free agency.

My best guess is Green Bay or Miami.

Typ0
11-01-2004, 06:54 PM
JP will likely get a chance to play. I hope we're in the lead but if not he's going to take some snaps. We're really going to get a look at TH ability to catch the ball and he's done a good job thus far. If TH was on a team like Oakland he would be a crushing blow to opponents. We do suck...but I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

BillsRockSOMUCH
11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
I'd rather experience growing pains with Losman then Bledsoe pains. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Man, im funny.
True Losman growing pains are better than Drew pains. :funny:

NapalmDeath
11-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Losman would have had a few snaps this past Sunday. To bad he is not cleared yet.

Kolbiss
11-02-2004, 05:37 PM
WHY???what's there to like?he hasn't done squat. :mad:

It doesn't suprise me that a moron Kerry supporter would take rep from me because I disagree with him!!!!!!!

I like it because of his potential, i like it because it is a position we needed,I like it because Losman has a ton of upside, and a lot of people said he is the best QB in the draft,I like it because there is no QB in this years draft that I would take,I like it because there is no one in free agency we'll take, I like it because of what I saw in preseason............Let me ask you this, say we take exactally who you want this year or last year, and he gets hurt. Are you going to say something as stupid as he hasn't done squat. He hasn't had a chance. You probably whine about every move the Bills organization makes don't you? :loser:

Kolbiss
11-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Sorry about the rant!! I feel better now. :;:

Tatonka
11-02-2004, 07:27 PM
brees is green bays new qb.. mark it down.

Ebenezer
11-02-2004, 07:39 PM
brees is green bays new qb.. mark it down.
and GB will give up a bucket load for him...

Tatonka
11-02-2004, 10:23 PM
i thought someone said brees is a FA after this year? he was a 2nd round pick the same year as LT.. it seems like his contract should be over.

Kenny
11-02-2004, 11:22 PM
i thought someone said brees is a FA after this year? he was a 2nd round pick the same year as LT.. it seems like his contract should be over.
He is.

No way SD will be able to afford to keep him. They wont even be able to franchise tag him (too expensive).