PDA

View Full Version : TD on Henry's Trade Value....

mypoorfriendme
11-02-2004, 01:18 AM
MY QUESTION TO TD WAS ANSWERED!!! ....but of course he gave the same bull **** answers he always does...

Chris V. (Bakersfield, CA): Hypothetically speaking, what do you think Travis Henry's trade value would be if the team was to trade him after this season?

TD: We have stated several times that we feel fortunate to have two quality backs on our team. Travis Henry is a proven NFL quality back, and Willis McGahee is in the process of proving that as well. To run the football, we feel that you need two quality backs, and before the year is out, we are going to need both of them. That's the direction that we have taken with this team, and we feel very fortunate to have backs of that caliber.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2874

NapalmDeath
11-02-2004, 01:27 AM
Henry is NOT gonna get a 1st rounder for the Bills next year. If TD wanted to, he could make MM split time between them both. (Henry and McGahee) But at this point he would be a fool (and my **** list BIG TIME) to do that.

It is pretty much a given at this point that Henry is gone next year. BUT if Willis gets hurt that will throw a big ol monkey wrench in any potential plans that TD may have. So he is saying the smart thing.

I say if Willis is not injured, Henry gets a 2nd rounder (I hope) but more than likely a 3rd rounder (More realistic, especially if McGahee keeps up his performance)

If Willis is injured, Henry steps in and stops falling over air, and things like this, AND Willis' injury is not that serious, 2nd rounder for sure.

If Willis is injured SERIOUSLY (Another knee blow out), Henry will not be traded, but will be a jerk about it.

tampabay25690
11-02-2004, 08:19 AM
A 2nd rounder we should get out of Travis!!!! That would be alright then the Bills should get 2 OL in the 2nd round next year!!!

Drive 4 Five
11-02-2004, 08:24 AM
I think it all depends on how bad someone needs him. Take a look at the Texans, Davis just is not getting it done and they are a powerful offense still. Imagine what Henry could do for a team like Houston. They might be willing to give up a low 1st round or high 2nd round pick. Heck I would.

TigerJ
11-02-2004, 01:18 PM
TD can stick to that line all he wants, but the fact of the matter is that if Buffalo doesn't trade TH in the offseason, he will bolt the team when he becomes a free agent, and the Bills will get nothing. I don't think that's what Buiffalo will do, whatever the company line

shotgun
11-02-2004, 04:05 PM
trade henry to a team for a provin o-linemen

mypoorfriendme
11-02-2004, 08:27 PM
the thing about henry though is that his salery is VERY modest which is assumed by his new team. this is why i think wed be able to get at least a second rounder for him. not to add the fact taht hes tough as nails and not an off the field problem