PDA

View Full Version : A look ahead.....

RedEyE
11-13-2002, 06:58 PM
As NFL week #11 quickly approaches, the Bills currently find themselves tied for first place in the division, and right back in the thick of things. If anyone is still feeling the heartburn from the week 9 loss to NE (like I am), remember this; this time last season, Buffalo was 1-7, and heading into a hopeless game against Seattle. A look at the next 7 weeks ahead leaves me considering the possible win and loss records for Buffalo and the rest of the division. Honestly, Buffalo & NE have the better schedule. Jets and Miami will not be able to recover.

Here are my thoughts on Buffalo:

* Kansas City:
A tough offense that can and should be stopped. Buffalo's players and coaching staff have had an extra week to prepare for this game and to find a way to stop Priest Holmes. They should prevail. Finally a defense that is worse then ours! I foresee Buffalo taking advantage of a extremely weak defense and easily putting 5 scores on the board. After the disparaging loss at home to NE, Buffalo should win, claim it's throne to lead the AFC East, while Miami and NE count casualties from Baltimore and Oakland.
W~ BUFF: 35 - KC: 24

* Jets:
Watching Miami play the Jets last week was like filing your teeth to points with a nail file ~ boring, painful and constatntly questioning yourself why?. At least it was informative: The Jets have a lack luster offense that cannot find a rhythm. A defense that has the abillity to demolish opponents but usually forgets how to use it. Buffalo coaches and players want the early season loss back.
W~ BUFF: 23 - NYJ: 17

*Miami:
When is the last time that Miami found themselves playing Buffalo, in Buffalo, in December? (Figure it out yourselves) Currently it looks as if Fielder should be back for this game, but he will still be less then 100%. With multiple offensive injuries Miami is a one dimensional team that is fighting to stay alive. Even if they beat Buffalo in this game, it maybe too little to late. Miami's defense will be worn out by the time they get to Buffalo Dec. 1st.
W~ BUFF: 17 - FINS: 10

*NE:
Ick~ Thinking about playing this team again this season makes me ill. The Bills will claim to be mentally prepared for this game but should be out coached again. While Buffalo has the potential and the fire power to win, they won't. NE is tough at home, the majority of the fans will expect Bledsoe to blunder, and once again it will be the sheer lack of defense that destroys the Bills.
L~ BUFF: 13 - NE: 21

*San Diego:
At home in December sounds like a favorable match-up, but SD has a well-rounded team that is entirely too powerful for Buffalo to stop. Brees will immulate Brady in dumping off multiple screens and short routes, Tomlinson will bowl over the D, and Flutie will warm the bench with a smile as his current team defeats his old. Another home loss should certainly irk the fans, but at this point Buffalo should be at or near 8W-5L and still locked up in the division.
L~ BUFF: 7 - CHARGERS: 28

* Green Bay:
This will be a big suprise to most in Buffalo as the Bills beat the Pack of Green Bay. That's right, you heard it from me first. ....But allow me to explain before posting any declarations of my sanity. This game will pose no physical merit for GB and a loss to Buffalo becomes irrelevant to their post season play. By the time that this game is played, Green Bay will have already claimed the division and sealed home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Currently, GB is 8-1 in the NFC North, they are closely followed by Detoit who is 3-6, then Minnesota and Chicago anchor the divisions at a respectable 2-7. (Hell they might as well give GB the division now.) In the next 5 weeks, prior to playing Buffalo, GB plays the Vikes twice, Chicago, once and find themselves being only challenged by the 49ers and the Bucs. If they lose to just the 9ers and Bucs, the Pack should find themselves at 11-3 going into the Buffalo game. If not, it simply means that Favre has taken on a severe injury and won't be able to defend themselves from Buffalo anyway.
W~ BUFF: 26 - GB: 12

* Cinncinati:
Dillion should be mighty miffed at the Bengals front office by the time this game comes around. THIS GAME SHOULD POSE NO CHALLANGE TO BUFFALO.
W~ BUFF: 27 - Bengals: 7

Season record: 10-6

The rest of the division:

NE: 10-6
Wins = Vikes, Lions, Buffalo, Titans, & Jets
Loss = Raiders, & Fins

Fins: 8-8
Wins = Bears, Vikes, & Pats
Loss = Ravens, Chargers, Raiders, & Bills

Jets: 7-9
Wins = Lions, Bears & *Pack (*last game of season)
Loss = Buffalo, Raiders, Broncos, & Pats

Typ0
11-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Why don't you give us the SD game too so we can have homefield in the playoffs.

WCoastFin
11-13-2002, 07:07 PM
nice analysis, but this cant happen and I dont see it happening, and heres why....if the Bills end up with 10-6 according to your analysis that means they would be playoff bound as a Wild card team giving NEngland the tie braker for beating your team twice....however, you still got Broncos (who have a better record than you),Raiders (who have a tie braker over you), and Chargers who have a better record than you) ALL WINNING GAMES ON THE LIST wich means there will probably be 3 playoff teams out of that division all having tiebraker if not better records than you....which This CANT,WONT, or WILL NOT happen.....long thread all for nothing.

Typ0
11-13-2002, 07:09 PM
That's why we have to beat SD.

RedEyE
11-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
nice analysis, but this cant happen and I dont see it happening, and heres why....if the Bills end up with 10-6 according to your analysis that means they would be playoff bound as a Wild card team giving NEngland the tie braker for beating your team twice....however, you still got Broncos (who have a better record than you),Raiders (who have a tie braker over you), and Chargers who have a better record than you) ALL WINNING GAMES ON THE LIST wich means there will probably be 3 playoff teams out of that division all having tiebraker if not better records than you....which This CANT,WONT, or WILL NOT happen.....long thread all for nothing.

Excellent point ~ changes made

Typ0
11-13-2002, 07:27 PM
It is well written. The Seattle game was at home last season. You might want to change that too.

lunatic_bills_fan
11-13-2002, 07:37 PM
Guess what? SD aint makin the playoffs. There schedule is actually tougher than ours for the last part of the season. SD is gonna be a 9-7 team when all is said and done. Teams are startin to gear up against Tomlinson, I dont think Brees is ready to put the team on his shoulders yet. Dont get me wrong, he is gonna be a solid QB no doubt. But this team rely's too heavily on their running game right now. Just my opinion

Typ0
11-13-2002, 07:49 PM
I still think it's going to be a Flutie Johnson superbowl.

RedEyE
11-13-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Typ0

:lol: Oh man - that would certainly suck. The whole world watching two washed up, ex-Buffalo-Bill QBs in a SB.

ArcticWildMan
11-13-2002, 07:52 PM

Can I have some of what you're smoking? :D

shelby
11-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Nice analysis, BAMF...but i disagree: i feel we will beat San Diego, and lose to KC and Green Bay. Final record: 9-7, and a wild card berth.
:punk:

LouGrant
11-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Great Job, RedEyE!

It's so good, I made it an article on our front page... www.BillsZone.com

shelby
11-13-2002, 08:12 PM
:hail: BAMF!!!

TigerJ
11-13-2002, 08:47 PM
I don't think 9-7 will be good enough to snag a wild card spot. Only two of them are available per conference this year.

WG
11-13-2002, 09:07 PM
S.D. doesn't have that tough a schedule remaining. They play Miami in two weeks w/ Lucas who's led the team to at most 10 points in any game. Tomlinson is better than Williams anyway. Brees is better than Lucas. Their Ds are comparable overall. The Chargers need 4 wins to reach 10 wins and Seattle and Miami should be two of those. All they'll need is 2 of the other 5. That's 4 of 7 as opposed to the 5 of 7 we need. Not to mention the game between us.

Oakland needs 5 of 7 but I don't see them doing that either. Denver and S.D. will make it.

I wouldn't rule out K.C., especially if they beat us. Likewise, they need 5 wins for 10. But they have an easy stretch w/ us at home, @ Seattle, Arizona at home, and then St. Louis, who is good, but not that good. They can go on a short streak here if they can beat us.

Also, don't rule out Tennessee. They get some key players back from injury; Kearse among them. Then they face a relatively easy schedule w/ Balt., Giants, Indy, Jax, and Houston. They need 5 as well.

Indy can also do it w/ an easy schedule remaining.

10 wins is what the WC will need IMO.

Typ0
11-13-2002, 09:21 PM
San Fran. - Loss
Miami - Win
Denver - Loss
Oakland - Loss
Buffalo - Loss
KC - Loss
Seattle - Win

That is SD remaining games. 2-5 is what I see down their path. Perhaps 3-4. That would be 8-8 or 9-7.

The Natrix
11-13-2002, 09:29 PM
wys, I disagree about the raiders and KC. I think the Raiders are going to go on a surge. Maybe they will lose one.

KC is 4-5 for a reason: they are mediocre. My point will be proven after we spank them.

WG
11-13-2002, 09:36 PM
I hope so. But K.C. has lost to only quality teams. The Raiders have beaten only fair to poor ones other than Denver the other day.

Typ0,

S.D. has already beaten Oakland and K.C. once. What makes you so sure they can't do it again, or beat Denver next time at home in S.D.?

San Fran. - Loss (I'll give ya this loss, but it'll be a game in S.D.)
Miami - Win (ditto)
Denver - Loss (Always a tough game for both)
Oakland - Loss (They beat them once and Oakland's overrated and old)
Buffalo - Loss (You think, eh!)
KC - Loss (Same as Oakland)
Seattle - Win (Ditto)

I see S.D. taking 2 of 3 from Denver, Oakland, and K.C.
Beating Miami and Seattle.
And giving us and S.F. a game.

I see 10-6 at minimum, maybe 11-5.

The Natrix
11-13-2002, 09:55 PM
fair enough.......

anyway, here are my playoff six:

Steelers
Raiders
New England
Buffalo
Denver
Colts

Chargers. They are gonna be pissed at the colts :)

dolfelons have thrown in the towel. To bad, because they are "mathematically" still in it.

Titans. Gut feeling that they are going to go on a losing streak.

KC were first half offensive over-acheivers. Do you really think that an offense with a below average QB and below average WR's can be that good? I don't.

Jets. May be as good as Denver and SD come week 16, but not good enough to dig themselves out of 4-5

Browns....nah

Jack....99.8% no

The rest have no prayer.

colin
11-13-2002, 11:17 PM
The West might end up beating up on each other, and if the Bills say their prayers and get 6 of the next 7, we could have home field. Not really likely, but we might be the second seed in the AFC, considering the South and the North are probably going to be some crappy division winners.

Michael82
11-14-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
fair enough.......

anyway, here are my playoff six:

Steelers
Raiders
New England
Buffalo
Denver
Chargers

Thanks for playing, come again next year (when Bills win the SB):

dolfelons have thrown in the towel. To bad, because they are "mathematically" still in it.

Titans. Gut feeling that they are going to go on a losing streak.

Colts. To inconsistent

KC were first half offensive over-acheivers. Do you really think that an offense with a below average QB and below average WR's can be that good? I don't.

Jets. May be as good as Denver and SD come week 16, but not good enough to dig themselves out of 4-5

Browns....nah

Jack....99.8% no

The rest have no prayer.

Ummmm Natrix.....The AFC South has to have a division winner. Remember? Its a new format. 4 division winners and 2 WC teams. :(

lunatic_bills_fan
11-14-2002, 05:40 AM
I agree about Tennesse, and Indy, however IMO Miami (as much as I hate to say it) is due for some rebounding. Look for Wandsatat to make the appropriate changes. SD should hand Seattle a new outlook to the NFL, but besides them, teams like SF, Denver, Oakland, and KC should all still have something to play for. Gonna make it real tough for them. Now that you pointed that out, it seems that Miami game could have big implications for both teams. Should be a good one.

The Natrix
11-14-2002, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I remembered that 10 minutes later. I will go edit it.

It just goes to show that the new alignment kinda sucks, although it is good in some ways to.

But come on, there is no way that Indy or the Titans are playoff caliber teams this year.

Novacane
11-14-2002, 02:02 PM
San Fran. - Loss
Miami - Win
Denver - Loss
Oakland - Loss
Buffalo - Loss
KC - Loss
Seattle - Win

That is SD remaining games. 2-5 is what I see down their path. Perhaps 3-4. That would be 8-8 or 9-7.

SanDeigo is the most overatted team IMO! The Rams dominated them. If not for 2 defensive TD's and another Faulk fumble as he was crossing the goal line the score would have been 42-10. Thats 2 games in a row they have been dominated. Wins agains cinci. houson, Az....................

I see 9-7 at best for them.

DIHARD2
11-14-2002, 02:44 PM
Typ0, two weeks ago I had a nightmare as being such. I even made a thread expressing that nightmare. It could unfortunately happen. I would laugh my butt off if this scenario would come true.

Could you imagine how bad this board would get with all the hecklers, from New England and the fish.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...