X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

A look ahead.....

As NFL week #11 quickly approaches, the Bills currently find themselves tied for first place in the division, and right back in the thick of things. If anyone is still feeling the heartburn from the week 9 loss to NE (like I am), remember this; this time last season, Buffalo was 1-7, and heading into a hopeless game against Seattle. A look at the next 7 weeks ahead leaves me considering the possible win and loss records for Buffalo and the rest of the division. Honestly, Buffalo & NE have the better schedule. Jets and Miami will not be able to recover.

Here are my thoughts on Buffalo:

* Kansas City:
    A tough offense that can and should be stopped. Buffalo's players and coaching staff have had an extra week to prepare for this game and to find a way to stop Priest Holmes. They should prevail. Finally a defense that is worse then ours! I foresee Buffalo taking advantage of a extremely weak defense and easily putting 5 scores on the board. After the disparaging loss at home to NE, Buffalo should win, claim it's throne to lead the AFC East, while Miami and NE count casualties from Baltimore and Oakland.
    W~ BUFF: 35 - KC: 24

* Jets:
    Watching Miami play the Jets last week was like filing your teeth to points with a nail file ~ boring, painful and constatntly questioning yourself why?. At least it was informative: The Jets have a lack luster offense that cannot find a rhythm. A defense that has the abillity to demolish opponents but usually forgets how to use it. Buffalo coaches and players want the early season loss back.
    W~ BUFF: 23 - NYJ: 17

*Miami:
    When is the last time that Miami found themselves playing Buffalo, in Buffalo, in December? (Figure it out yourselves) Currently it looks as if Fielder should be back for this game, but he will still be less then 100%. With multiple offensive injuries Miami is a one dimensional team that is fighting to stay alive. Even if they beat Buffalo in this game, it maybe too little to late. Miami's defense will be worn out by the time they get to Buffalo Dec. 1st.
    W~ BUFF: 17 - FINS: 10

*NE:
    Ick~ Thinking about playing this team again this season makes me ill. The Bills will claim to be mentally prepared for this game but should be out coached again. While Buffalo has the potential and the fire power to win, they won't. NE is tough at home, the majority of the fans will expect Bledsoe to blunder, and once again it will be the sheer lack of defense that destroys the Bills.
    L~ BUFF: 13 - NE: 21

*San Diego:
    At home in December sounds like a favorable match-up, but SD has a well-rounded team that is entirely too powerful for Buffalo to stop. Brees will immulate Brady in dumping off multiple screens and short routes, Tomlinson will bowl over the D, and Flutie will warm the bench with a smile as his current team defeats his old. Another home loss should certainly irk the fans, but at this point Buffalo should be at or near 8W-5L and still locked up in the division.
    L~ BUFF: 7 - CHARGERS: 28

* Green Bay:
    This will be a big suprise to most in Buffalo as the Bills beat the Pack of Green Bay. That's right, you heard it from me first. ....But allow me to explain before posting any declarations of my sanity. This game will pose no physical merit for GB and a loss to Buffalo becomes irrelevant to their post season play. By the time that this game is played, Green Bay will have already claimed the division and sealed home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Currently, GB is 8-1 in the NFC North, they are closely followed by Detoit who is 3-6, then Minnesota and Chicago anchor the divisions at a respectable 2-7. (Hell they might as well give GB the division now.) In the next 5 weeks, prior to playing Buffalo, GB plays the Vikes twice, Chicago, once and find themselves being only challenged by the 49ers and the Bucs. If they lose to just the 9ers and Bucs, the Pack should find themselves at 11-3 going into the Buffalo game. If not, it simply means that Favre has taken on a severe injury and won't be able to defend themselves from Buffalo anyway.
    W~ BUFF: 26 - GB: 12

* Cinncinati:
    Dillion should be mighty miffed at the Bengals front office by the time this game comes around. THIS GAME SHOULD POSE NO CHALLANGE TO BUFFALO.
    W~ BUFF: 27 - Bengals: 7

Season record: 10-6

The rest of the division:

NE: 10-6
    Wins = Vikes, Lions, Buffalo, Titans, & Jets
    Loss = Raiders, & Fins

Fins: 8-8
    Wins = Bears, Vikes, & Pats
    Loss = Ravens, Chargers, Raiders, & Bills

Jets: 7-9
    Wins = Lions, Bears & *Pack (*last game of season)
    Loss = Buffalo, Raiders, Broncos, & Pats
    Last edited by RedEyE; 11-13-2002, 07:31 PM.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Why don't you give us the SD game too so we can have homefield in the playoffs.

Comment

• WCoastFin
      I have the arms of a new born baby!
      • Jul 2002

nice analysis, but this cant happen and I dont see it happening, and heres why....if the Bills end up with 10-6 according to your analysis that means they would be playoff bound as a Wild card team giving NEngland the tie braker for beating your team twice....however, you still got Broncos (who have a better record than you),Raiders (who have a tie braker over you), and Chargers who have a better record than you) ALL WINNING GAMES ON THE LIST wich means there will probably be 3 playoff teams out of that division all having tiebraker if not better records than you....which This CANT,WONT, or WILL NOT happen.....long thread all for nothing.
      Last edited by WCoastFin; 11-13-2002, 07:10 PM.
      We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

That's why we have to beat SD.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WCoastFin
          nice analysis, but this cant happen and I dont see it happening, and heres why....if the Bills end up with 10-6 according to your analysis that means they would be playoff bound as a Wild card team giving NEngland the tie braker for beating your team twice....however, you still got Broncos (who have a better record than you),Raiders (who have a tie braker over you), and Chargers who have a better record than you) ALL WINNING GAMES ON THE LIST wich means there will probably be 3 playoff teams out of that division all having tiebraker if not better records than you....which This CANT,WONT, or WILL NOT happen.....long thread all for nothing.

Excellent point ~ changes made

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

It is well written. The Seattle game was at home last season. You might want to change that too.

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
              • Oct 2002

Guess what? SD aint makin the playoffs. There schedule is actually tougher than ours for the last part of the season. SD is gonna be a 9-7 team when all is said and done. Teams are startin to gear up against Tomlinson, I dont think Brees is ready to put the team on his shoulders yet. Dont get me wrong, he is gonna be a solid QB no doubt. But this team rely's too heavily on their running game right now. Just my opinion

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I still think it's going to be a Flutie Johnson superbowl.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  Oh man - that would certainly suck. The whole world watching two washed up, ex-Buffalo-Bill QBs in a SB.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Typ0

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla *****
                      • Jul 2002

Nice analysis, BAMF...but i disagree: i feel we will beat San Diego, and lose to KC and Green Bay. Final record: 9-7, and a wild card berth.

Comment

• LouGrant
                        The Zone Editor
                        • Jul 2002

Great Job, RedEyE!

It's so good, I made it an article on our front page... www.BillsZone.com
                        Get into the Zone

Comment

• shelby
                          The Vanilla *****
                          • Jul 2002

BAMF!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

I don't think 9-7 will be good enough to snag a wild card spot. Only two of them are available per conference this year.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

S.D. doesn't have that tough a schedule remaining. They play Miami in two weeks w/ Lucas who's led the team to at most 10 points in any game. Tomlinson is better than Williams anyway. Brees is better than Lucas. Their Ds are comparable overall. The Chargers need 4 wins to reach 10 wins and Seattle and Miami should be two of those. All they'll need is 2 of the other 5. That's 4 of 7 as opposed to the 5 of 7 we need. Not to mention the game between us.

Oakland needs 5 of 7 but I don't see them doing that either. Denver and S.D. will make it.

I wouldn't rule out K.C., especially if they beat us. Likewise, they need 5 wins for 10. But they have an easy stretch w/ us at home, @ Seattle, Arizona at home, and then St. Louis, who is good, but not that good. They can go on a short streak here if they can beat us.

Also, don't rule out Tennessee. They get some key players back from injury; Kearse among them. Then they face a relatively easy schedule w/ Balt., Giants, Indy, Jax, and Houston. They need 5 as well.

Indy can also do it w/ an easy schedule remaining.

10 wins is what the WC will need IMO.
                              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X