PDA

View Full Version : After watch Mon. Nights game

mush69
11-03-2004, 08:21 AM
I watched almost all of the game monday night. One of the major reasons that the Jets were able run on Miami's defense was because Kevin Mawai was pulling right and left on every running play and getting to the linebackers. He would blow up the Tackles keep his feet underneath him and make another block on Zack or Junior on almost every play.

IMO the only way for us to stop this is to get Big Sam and Pat to get the push off the ball and get the tackles and tight ends into the backfield so Mawai has to either run around them or help the gaurd and tackles with their responsibilties. More or less push the exterior Offensive lineman into his path so our Linebackers can come in and contain their areas. Make Martin and Jordan go to the outside more where the d-line will be able to get the help and coverage they need from Posey, TKO, and Fletcher and the safeties.

The Jets gaurds and tackles owned the Miami Interior d-line. Jason Taylor was not a factor at all in the game and Junior and Zack had a mug full KM on almost every play. We need to Jam the middle and take the pulling center out of the play if we are going to be successful in stopping the hard charging run game of the Jets.

Our d-line has to step up this coming week so we can keep our cover guys in coverage. If we can't keep the coverage on the Jets recievers Penniton will pick us apart just as he did to Madison and Surtain.

Drive 4 Five
11-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Furthermore, the Jets are not going to run all over us like that. We'll put a stop to that **** quick. The question is, how well can our pass defense hold and can we get pressure on Pennington because if that guy has all day to throw we are in big trouble. It will come down to the 4th quarter and who can make the cruical plays, just like last time.

The_Philster
11-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Our DTs are better than Miami's :up:

mush69
11-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Our DTs are better than Miami's :up:

I agree Phil, but what I'm trying to say is we need to contain Mawai and not let him lead the blocking as he did on Monday. He has unquestionable quickness coming off the ball and we need to put the big guys in his way. That way our Linebackers don't have to deal with him all day.

The_Philster
11-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Exactly...and I think Sam Adams and Pat Williams are up to that task better than Robinson and J.Zgonina were

juice
11-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Exactly...and I think Sam Adams and Pat Williams are up to that task better than Robinson and J.Zgonina wereSure didn't look like it in the Mia. Game.

helmetguy
11-04-2004, 08:01 AM
Care to elaborate, juice? What I saw from my seat at the Ralph was the Buffalo D shutting down the Fish COMPLETELY in the second half.

The King
11-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Exactly...and I think Sam Adams and Pat Williams are up to that task better than Robinson and J.Zgonina were

I think you gotta let Pat Williams walk in the off season. Edwards has been getting much better every week and I believe hes cheap money, he should be our next DT

justasportsfan
11-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Our D will be fine. It's our OL against their pass rush that I'm worried about.