X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Ellis a URFA next year?

Is he LE? We can afford almost anybody this offseason but do we upgrade Kelsay/Denney?

Ellis has been a factor in almost every Jet game since he's been drafted.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Marvelous; 11-03-2004, 11:16 PM.
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

No we need O line help!

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

We will need more then just that...
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i have not been that unhappy with denny or kelsay this season.. i think they are playing well.. they just dont have the sack numbers. that we all want.. but they are definately getting pressure and playing the run well.

the offensive line, specifically center, left guard, and left tackle (assuming jennings is gone) needs to be fixed.. those are major priorities.

also, vincent needs to be moved to FS.. reese needs to hit the bricks.. baker becomes the back up..
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
          i have not been that unhappy with denny or kelsay this season.. i think they are playing well.. they just dont have the sack numbers. that we all want.. but they are definately getting pressure and playing the run well.

the offensive line, specifically center, left guard, and left tackle (assuming jennings is gone) needs to be fixed.. those are major priorities.

also, vincent needs to be moved to FS.. reese needs to hit the bricks.. baker becomes the back up..
          0-line aside,,,How long can we rotate Kelsay/Denney? If either would step up i'd be all about it. Who's to say Vincent can handle FS? I like the idea and have for a while now but it's risky.
          Is it me or is anyone else curious if Clements could play WR? dude has moves on moves.

*I agree the O-line is a mess and if Jennings leaves then we have a major hole with horrible depth but we will be in great cap space without a 1st round pick. Also i expect Moulds to restruct this year. And if we cut Drew. Man i would be great to see what our cap number is this coming offseason then we can do some what ifs. Moulds,drew etc..........
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Sippio
            Is he LE? We can afford almost anybody this offseason but do we upgrade Kelsay/Denney?

Ellis has been a factor in almost every Jet game since he's been drafted.
            Thoughts?
            Another year under there belt I think next year will be the year one of them has a break out year, probably Kelsay!!!!

We need serious OL help and I like the way the organization is going then!!
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Both Shaun Ellis and John Abraham are UFAs after the season.

I think Kelsay is doing fine, Denney will not be back next season

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                Closet Bills Fan
                • Nov 2004

well from what i have been seeing, out of the defensive jet linemen that are most likely to go.... it would defintely be bryan thomas, and the other would be ellis......... honestly if ellis continues to do well, i dont see the jets letting him go, and i really think that john abraham has found himself, what a hell of a year he is having.

if anything the bills could probably try to cypher off another free agent defensive back, and if they trade a few late round picks, could very well get a decent lineman..... honestly i'd say draft one and let them mold, but if the powers to be feel like they need a quick solution......... just dont get to cost thrifty..........

and as much as i like drew, they really do have to let that contract go..... make him restructure so that buffalo has a lil more $$ to flash around otherwise, you might be picking up ex dolphins

j-e-t-s
                jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• GreenMachine
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  Both Shaun Ellis and John Abraham are UFAs after the season.

I think Kelsay is doing fine, Denney will not be back next season
                  The Jets will definetly sign Abe. As for Ellis, it is up in the air. Most likely we will release Becht to free agency and sign Ellis and Abe. That draft year was too good for the Jets to squander all that talent (Abraham, Ellis, Becht, Pennington and Coles)

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
                    well from what i have been seeing, out of the defensive jet linemen that are most likely to go.... it would defintely be bryan thomas, and the other would be ellis......... honestly if ellis continues to do well, i dont see the jets letting him go, and i really think that john abraham has found himself, what a hell of a year he is having.

if anything the bills could probably try to cypher off another free agent defensive back, and if they trade a few late round picks, could very well get a decent lineman..... honestly i'd say draft one and let them mold, but if the powers to be feel like they need a quick solution......... just dont get to cost thrifty..........

and as much as i like drew, they really do have to let that contract go..... make him restructure so that buffalo has a lil more $$ to flash around otherwise, you might be picking up ex dolphins
                    I see the Jets keeping the FEAR factor together. They will franchise Abraham, and will find a way to resign Ellis and Ferguson.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83

Well I agree with yo alot here.... Drew needs to either restructure and take a serious cut or he will no longer be on the Buffalo Bills!!!! Another guy that needs to is Eric Moulds, and I think he will do that and stay with Buff till he retires. I dont see us picking up Sam Adams contract either so that will free up some MO money. I see JP Losman the starter next year
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                        • May 2003

Sure another pash rusher would be great but I agree with THATHURMANATOR. We desperately need to upgrade our offensive line. I believe that the best free agents are the ones that solidify the middle of your offense and defense (centers & defensive tackles). We need to resign Pat Williams for sure. Does anyone know if there any good free agent centers who may be available? Boy I wish we had a Kevin Mawae, that guy is a BEAST!
                        Last edited by Drive 4 Five; 11-04-2004, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                          Sure another pash rusher would be great but I agree with THATHURMANATOR. We desperately need to upgrade our offensive line. I believe that the best free agents are the ones that solidify the middle of your offense and defenses (centers & defensive tackles). We need to resign Pat Williams for sure. Does anyone know if there any good free agent centers who may be available? Boy I wish we had a Kevin Mawae, that guy is a BEAST!
                          He isnt going anywhere!!! He is a great player!!

Comment

Working...
                          X