PDA

View Full Version : Sergei Zholtok passes away

northernbillfan
11-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Wow, a former Oiler passed away at the age of 31. They think it was a heart attack. Apparently he suffered from a cardiac arythmia in the past.

RIP Sergei.

The sudden death of Nashville Predators center Sergei Zholtok Wednesday in Minsk, Belarus left the hockey world united in mourning the passing of an NHL veteran at age 31.

Zholtok, who was drafted by the Boston Bruins in 1992 and played 588 NHL games with the Bruins, Senators, Canadiens, Oilers, Wild and Predators, was playing for HC Riga 2000 in his native Latvia at the time of his passing.

The apparent cause of death was a heart attack. Zholtok had suffered from cardiac arrhythmia in the past. Zholtok became ill near the end of Wednesday's game and collapsed on his way to the dressing room.

Full article (http://www.nhl.com/intheslot/read/features/zholtok110404_cms.html)

SABURZFAN
11-04-2004, 01:46 PM
:shocked:

i had the chance to see this guy play in person.he played for the Las Vegas Thunder,in the 95-96 and part of the 96-97 season,before he went to ottawa.he had 50 goal season with us too.this guy was a hell of a player.i'm shocked and saddened by this news.

Myers57
11-04-2004, 02:34 PM
He was a hell of a player and a respected person in general...

My condolonces to the Zholtok family...

Dozerdog
11-05-2004, 12:44 AM
:(