• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

PFW says JP ready near Thanksgiving.

Mike Mularkey’s decision to elevate RB Willis McGahee to a starting role ahead of Travis Henry was a delicate situation for the first-year head coach because Henry is so well-respected in the locker room. As a result, Mularkey wanted to let Henry, who now will almost certainly be traded in the offseason, down easily. However, we hear that Mularkey’s next move will be even tougher. That will occur as soon as rookie QB J.P. Losman is fully healthy and ready to play, likely around Thanksgiving (either Nov. 21 vs. St. Louis or Nov. 28 at Seattle). If the Bills continue losing, there will be enormous pressure to play Losman, who has begun practicing with the scout team and is the team’s quarterback of the future. The most difficult thing for Mularkey, an ex-player, will basically be telling Drew Bledsoe, “Hey, your career is over.”
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

The most difficult thing for all of us is watching Drew. At $5 million a year I feel little pain for him.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Only thing I feel for Drew anymore is nausea...

Comment

• carybillsfan
        • Aug 2003

If we're 5-5 on thanksgiving day, do you put JP in? Remember we'd be on 4 game winning streak, beating the Cards, Jets, Pats, and Rams. Goining into Seattle with probably only 2 teams with a winning record left to play out of our last six. I really believe this could happen.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by JJamezz
          Only thing I feel for Drew anymore is nausea...
          Only thing I've felt for him in a while...

Football isn't about individuals, its about the team. If someone is dragging the team down, you get rid of them. There is no feeling required to make the decision. If you want to win, you make the choices necessary. Letting Bledsoe go is a choice that has been necessary to win for a long time now. If this coaching staff truly wants to win, they should have no second thoughts.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Sweet!!!! I'm hoping he plays @ Seattle. I'm going to that game.

Comment

• Buffalofan
              • Jul 2002

You Drew bashers kill me .. everyone talks tough on the message board but if he walked up to you everyone of you would kiss his ass. Dont get me wrong, everyone is entitled to thier opinion but some of this stuff is crazy.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                If we're 5-5 on thanksgiving day, do you put JP in? Remember we'd be on 4 game winning streak, beating the Cards, Jets, Pats, and Rams. Goining into Seattle with probably only 2 teams with a winning record left to play out of our last six. I really believe this could happen.

We won't beat the Patriots.
                You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf
                  The most difficult thing for all of us is watching Drew.

speak for yourself.the OL hasn't done much.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                    We won't beat the Patriots.
                    Why not, we should have last time but fletcher fumbles the ball at the two. I think lady luck has finally turned towards us.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                      Nice thought, but considering our 2 wins came against an 0-5 Miami and a 2-4 Cardinals team, I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X