PDA

View Full Version : Key to the game

northernbillfan
11-05-2004, 02:47 PM
The reports out of New York are saying the Jets should win this one easily as they have only allowed 101 Yds rushing per game and should be able to stop the Bills rushing attack.

Let's look at who they stopped in the running game. In week one it was lowly Cincy who's ground attack is minimal. They played Miami and we all know Miamis running game is sad. SF was another team they played and their ground team got 99 yards on them.

In week 5 they played the Bills in which Henry got injured and McGahee had 42 yards on 8 carries. When you look at those stats all signs point to a successful running game and hopefully a Bills victory! Especially since McGahee is better now than he was in week 5.

northernbillfan
11-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Their key is to try and stop the run. Our key is McGahee.

Fun Fax
11-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Our key has got to be keep Curtis Martin off the feild. Long-sustained drives eating up tons of clock. Martin and Jordan to an extent are both pretty nasty backs. Pennington is't going to be able to team up our secondary with Vincent, Clements, Milloy, McGee, and Reeze all healthy. So basically just force 3 and outs and run 15 play drives.......... sounds easy right?

Drive 4 Five
11-05-2004, 04:31 PM
USA Today's Sports Weekly favors the Bills 17-14. :scratch:

LABillsFan
11-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Have you noticed the Bills D line and line backers hardly ever get their arms up on pass plays, the only time I can remember was TKO during the Miami game. The front has to disrupt the timing of Pennington's throws because blitzing him willonly make matters worse.

Mad Bomber
11-05-2004, 08:45 PM
The key to this game is Sam and Pat stuffing the middle, and stopping the Jets from establishing an early running game.

We also have to establish an early running game, to keep Drew from killing us.

If we fall behind and try to play catch-up through the pass, then I'll be puking on the carpets that I'll be trying to steam clean during the game....

TigerJ
11-05-2004, 10:07 PM
There are two keys to the game. First, which team gets their running game in gear against the other team's defense, and whose special teams are better. Theoretically, Curtis Martin will be the best running back on the field, until McGahee proves himself, but Buffalo has the better run defense. Buffalo is one of two teams that has held Martin under 100 yards this season. If McGahee is the real deal, hoopefully he'll win that battle. I don't think the Jets line is as good against the run as is Buffalo's. I think the wind is likely to negate the passing attack of both teams. That would be a good thing, because so far the Jets passing attack is better than Buffalo's.

Tatonka
11-05-2004, 10:43 PM
on offense -
1. smash them in the mouth with willis
2. dont blow the game drew
3. oline play well against their two strong DEs
4. get the deep ball in there to keep them honest on defense

on defense
1. shut down cmart.. period. stop him and we win. they wont get the garbage they did before in the passing game with milloy back in there.