PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question

youngunz
11-05-2004, 07:02 PM
What kind of idiot would waive a solid vet WR because he turned left when the ball went right (lets remember who threw it too)?

Now that we don't have Shaw we are struggling for a fourth WR signing and releasing guys from the practice squad. I dont know about you guys but I would rather Buffalo not even attempt to come out 4 wide. Hell let Henry or McGahee split out wide.

juice
11-05-2004, 07:16 PM
MM said in the weather conditions we might not pass alot, but what if we fall behind.. Sounds like he's trying to cover himself for that snap decision with Shaw. Freddie Jones? He's an ACC guy but what has he done on the Practice Squad anyway. Shaw was a solid backup.

finsrclowns
11-05-2004, 07:35 PM
It's only an issue if we have another injury. We will not be using a bunch of 3 receiver sets Sunday, and zero four receiver sets. We need to find out what Aiken's got anyway. As the 4th receiver he had more splinters than catches. Now he gets a chance to show whether he can do more than drop the one ball thrown his way. Shaw was a decent player but he's no great loss. And having Reed on the bench could be a blessing in disguise, it's certainly not a big deal.

askabry
11-05-2004, 08:13 PM
McGahee played WR at Miami; in fact, I think he even initially made the squad at WR. Anyways, when he's healthy he's the fastest player on the team.

Put 'em both in, split out McGahee and let Travis pass block.

DraftBoy
11-05-2004, 10:09 PM
McGahee played WR at Miami; in fact, I think he even initially made the squad at WR. Anyways, when he's healthy he's the fastest player on the team.

Put 'em both in, split out McGahee and let Travis pass block.

Not a bad idea except the small problem with having Travis try and run block. He sucks at it.

Tatonka
11-05-2004, 10:33 PM
i have no problem with moulds, evans, aiken, and euhus..

how often do we go 4 wrs?? exactly.. and if we have to go 4 wrs it is because we are down by a few scores and we are trying to climb back in the game..

and if that is the case.. then drew will lose the game like he always does.. not the 4th wr.

chernobylwraiths
11-05-2004, 10:43 PM
i have no problem with moulds, evans, aiken, and euhus..

how often do we go 4 wrs?? exactly.. and if we have to go 4 wrs it is because we are down by a few scores and we are trying to climb back in the game..

and if that is the case.. then drew will lose the game like he always does.. not the 4th wr.

I think if we are down by a few scores and we have to go to four wide, then the game is pretty much already lost.

Tatonka
11-05-2004, 10:44 PM
I think if we are down by a few scores and we have to go to four wide, then the game is pretty much already lost.

that is what i just said..

if the game is on drews shoulders to win.. then mark it up as a loss.

chernobylwraiths
11-05-2004, 10:47 PM
that is what i just said..

if the game is on drews shoulders to win.. then mark it up as a loss.

Drew brought em back last time against this team.

I don't think I would want Drew having to come from behind either, but it isn't like he CAN'T do it. But the team isn't strong enough to come from that far behind.

chernobylwraiths
11-05-2004, 10:49 PM
It is all a moot point anyway. I agree that not having a seasoned fourth receiver is not a very big deal.

Mad Bomber
11-05-2004, 11:56 PM
It is all a moot point anyway. I agree that not having a seasoned fourth receiver is not a very big deal.

Exactly right. If our fortunes in any game come down to who our fourth receiver is, we're in deep s***

BillsFanInMass
11-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Id like to see Drew Haddad out there he is real elusive once he gets the ball.

Earthquake Enyart
11-06-2004, 06:29 AM
They just cut Haddad.

It's time for the great Sam Aiken to step up.

Or they could always bring back Coleman.

DraftBoy
11-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Freddie Smith is more than capable of handling the 4th or 5th WR duties for the time being, like it has been said above if it comes down to him we're in trouble. He was the #1 guy for GT, and Ive seen him make plays before. Shaw would not help us now.

justasportsfan
11-06-2004, 01:49 PM
we should've never cut Coleman. No sense in crying over spilled milk. Throw in Aiken and we'll see what he's got.

Dantheman1280
11-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Aiken will turn some heads if he is given a chance, at least I hope he will!

Dantheman1280
11-06-2004, 03:10 PM
31-14 bills
13-3 Jets
28-24 Bills