PDA

View Full Version : Sat next to a cards employee on plane

Voltron
11-03-2004, 08:26 AM
On my way down to Charlotte last night I sat next to one of the Cardinals employees. :up: I think he was a trainer or equipment person. He was very cool and we talked football the entire time. He said that his team is better than what they showed against us BUT he was also very frank when we talked abut his QB. He said he does not think that Cade will last long as the QB and that Emmit may lose his starting role at some point this season.

I asked him what he thought about our O line and he said we have some good players but that they are the wrong type of players for the QB we have (in his opinion).

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Yeah I'm going to call BS on this post, for one, there is no "Cade" on this team, it's Josh McCown, not Cade McNown.......second, your Emmitt take is completely false and no one in this organization would even remotely think that. Despite a poor game against the Bills, Smith has done well and is one of the better runners in the NFC this year. There is no one on the team to replace him now that Shipp is injured.

Sorry bud, you aren't impressing anyone with this barrel of lies.

LtBillsFan66
11-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Who is this Voltron guy? Can we trust him? :D

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Hmmmm....some guy on the plane vs. some Cards fan on the board.

Who do we believe?

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Hmmmm....some guy on the plane vs. some Cards fan on the board.

Who do we believe?
How about the guy that actually knows who plays on the team and how a player is performing vs. a completely false statement using a players name that hasn't played in the NFL in 3 years. Emmitt is 5th in the NFC in rush yards and 3rd in rushing TDs.......saying he might be replaced is so far from reality it has to have been made up.

Ridiculous...the fact that some of you actually are buying this garbage is hilarious. He didn't sit next to any Cardinal employee on the plane, he might have sat next to a fan, a misinformed fan, but not an employee.

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Hey Cardinals fan. Typos are a possibility. Cade Mcnown, Josh Mcown what is the difference they both STINK!

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Hey Cardinals fan. Typos are a possibility. Cade Mcnown, Josh Mcown what is the difference they both STINK!
Mcnown would have been a typo....Cade is just pure ignorance.

LtBillsFan66
11-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Most of us know (personally, not just over the internet) and respect Voltron. He's not lying.

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Most of us know (personally, not just over the internet) and respect Voltron. He's not lying.
Well if he's not lying, then he was lied to. No Cardinal employee even a lowly equipment manager would make those statements about Emmitt(this year) or would not know the name of our QB.

My guess, he sat next to a fan who fed him a load of crap.

LtBillsFan66
11-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Well if he's not lying, then he was lied to. No Cardinal employee even a lowly equipment manager would make those statements about Emmitt(this year) or would not know the name of our QB.

Maybe.

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Well if he's not lying, then he was lied to. No Cardinal employee even a lowly equipment manager would make those statements about Emmitt(this year)
I'm sure during the conversation it was "Josh", and Voltron got it mixed up while typing his post.

And you clearly speak for the entire Cardinals organization because you're a fan? Right. :up:

Drive 4 Five
11-03-2004, 10:36 AM
On my way down to Charlotte last night I sat next to one of the Cardinals employees. :up: I think he was a trainer or equipment person. He was very cool and we talked football the entire time. He said that his team is better than what they showed against us BUT he was also very frank when we talked abut his QB. He said he does not think that Cade will last long as the QB and that Emmit may lose his starting role at some point this season.

I asked him what he thought about our O line and he said we have some good players but that they are the wrong type of players for the QB we have (in his opinion).

Shoot, we don't need no stinking Cardinals employee to tell us that we have the wrong type of lineman for the quarterback playing behind them.
WE ALREADY FIGURED THAT ONE OUT!

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Mcnown would have been a typo....Cade is just pure ignorance.

PURE IGNORANCE. get over yourself man. Their last names are very similar. Is it not possible that he just got them mixed when he was typing it out?

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 10:48 AM

Why not. Emmitt is old and Hambrick looked faster to the hole.

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Thank god we have Willis and Travis and we don't need to worry about old washed up RBs!

Voltron
11-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Yeah I'm going to call BS on this post, for one, there is no "Cade" on this team, it's Josh McCown, not Cade McNown.......second, your Emmitt take is completely false and no one in this organization would even remotely think that. Despite a poor game against the Bills, Smith has done well and is one of the better runners in the NFC this year. There is no one on the team to replace him now that Shipp is injured.

Sorry bud, you aren't impressing anyone with this barrel of lies.

Who the F are you?

Oh yeah and I really don't care if you believe me or not. :loser:

He didn't say his name he just said our QB. Sorry I messed up on the name of a crappy QB :rolleyes:

I said that I thought Emmitt looked good in the first half and he said "I'm not so sure about that, I don't even know if he will stay as the starter for the rest of the season"

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Who the F are you?

Oh yeah and I really don't care if you believe me or not. :loser:

He didn't say his name he just said our QB. Sorry I messed up on the name of a crappy QB :rolleyes:

I said that I thought Emmitt looked good in the first half and he said "I'm not so sure about that, I don't even know if he will stay as the starter for the rest of the season"
You most definitely didn't talk to an employee, team employees just don't make comments like that to your everyday average Joe(yourself).

People in the know always use "our QB". LOL.....c'mon man!?!?

Emmitt DID look good in the first half, and anyone denying that is an idiot...it surely wasn't a Cardinal employee.

Look buddy, you got taken, suck it up and move on, your "super cool inside info" was bogus and makes no sense at all.

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Ok sparky....who was it http://www.azcardinals.com/team/staff.html

Jeff1220
11-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Sour grapes.

Gunzlingr
11-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Has anybody confirmed this with the Cardinal's chef?

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 11:30 AM
You most definitely didn't talk to an employee, team employees just don't make comments like that to your everyday average Joe(yourself).

People in the know always use "our QB". LOL.....c'mon man!?!?

Emmitt DID look good in the first half, and anyone denying that is an idiot...it surely wasn't a Cardinal employee.

Look buddy, you got taken, suck it up and move on, your "super cool inside info" was bogus and makes no sense at all.

You are talking out of your ass now man! You have no clue and weren't on the plane. You know how and employee of a team talks I am sure. PLEASE

HAMMER
11-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Bitter Cards fan,

Who gives a rats azz, you lost, get over it.

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
You are talking out of your ass now man! You have no clue and weren't on the plane. You know how and employee of a team talks I am sure. PLEASE
Yeah actually I do, considering how easily accesable the Cardinals and their employees are in the Arizona community, I've talked to many of them, on many different occasions. I'm fairly confident I know what I'm talking about here, and as soon as he tells me what person he spoke with I'll do some checking.

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah actually I do, considering how easily accesable the Cardinals and their employees are in the Arizona community, I've talked to many of them, on many different occasions. I'm fairly confident I know what I'm talking about here, and as soon as he tells me what person he spoke with I'll do some checking.

I am fairly confident you are talking out of your ass.

Drive 4 Five
11-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Ahh yeah...the gloves are coming off now! :clap:

Drive 4 Five
11-03-2004, 11:39 AM
It won't be long now before they are talking about each other's mommas!

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 11:55 AM
It won't be long now before they are talking about each other's mommas!
Are you talkin to me?

Earthquake Enyart
11-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Why would the Cardinal trainer be going to Charlotte? Do they make jock straps there?

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2004, 12:16 PM
I bet this guy is some 13 year old kid living in Ohio. :rolleyes:

Who do you think you are? Do some checking? You think you're tight with Denny Green or something? The most contact you've probably ever had with the Cards is when you watch them on TV...wait, the Cards don't get any of their games televised either LOL.

"Do some checking" :rofl:

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 12:18 PM
I bet this guy is some 13 year old kid living in Ohio. :rolleyes:

Who do you think you are? Do some checking? You think you're tight with Denny Green or something? The most contact you've probably ever had with the Cards is when you watch them on TV...wait, the Cards don't get any of their games televised either LOL.

"Do some checking" :rofl:
Has nothing to do with being tight with Green......it's actually knowing a person that works in the travel office the Cardinals go through :)

Thanks for playing though, son, now move along before you get further embarassed.

Oh, as for my age and where I live...well, any time you want to come out to Phoenix and see a Cards game I'd be more than happy to buy you a beer.....nothing like watching opposing fans stumble out of SDS wondering how the hell they just lost to the lowly Cardinals.

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2004, 12:23 PM
nothing like watching opposing fans stumble out of SDS wondering how the hell they just lost to the lowly Cardinals.
:rofl: How often does that happen? Every lunar eclipse?

38-14

'Nuff said. :snicker:

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 12:26 PM
:rofl: How often does that happen? Every lunar eclipse?

38-14

'Nuff said. :snicker:
Well, considering we're 2-1 at home this year, the math major in me would say it's happened twice already this year.....

'Nuff said? How old are you? What does that have to do with someone lying about talking with a Cardinal employee and claiming they said things that no team employee would say? What does it have to do with Cardinal games at SDS.

I take back my "buy you a beer" comment, I'll get you a lemonade or something....not going to go to jail for buying someone underage a brew.

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2004, 12:35 PM
I take back my "buy you a beer" comment, I'll get you a lemonade or something....not going to go to jail for buying someone underage a brew.
I'm so insulted. :baby:

don137
11-03-2004, 12:50 PM

When you run into them do you ask if they want to supersize their meal?

chernobylwraiths
11-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Why would the Cardinal trainer be going to Charlotte? Do they make jock straps there?

Yeah, I was wondering about this as well. Plus, why would he leave two days after the team left.

don137
11-03-2004, 12:53 PM

Charlotte is the largest USAir hub...Maybe he posted bail and had his connecting flight there.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Card Trader....dude.....I think that life in the valley of the sun is melting your brain...

Maybe this is all a farce.....but when you see a post like this one, call bull sheet if you wanna but after that chalk it up to who gives a F.

Let uninformed (if that is the case) fans of teams 2000 miles away think what they wanna think.

Do you think I care if some Cards fan says he talked to a Bills ballboy and he badmouthed Drew and Henry? Hell no....who cares.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, so keep spouting off if you want....but don't you have better things to do???

Isn't it Goldfish Racing at Gilligan's tonight?

Drive 4 Five
11-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Are you talkin to me?

Nope. Just referring to your little cat fight buddy. No need to get crazy. :whistle:

Drive 4 Five
11-03-2004, 12:59 PM
"Everybody is entitled to their opinions, so keep spouting off if you want....but don't you have better things to do???"

Don't we all?

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Has nothing to do with being tight with Green......it's actually knowing a person that works in the travel office the Cardinals go through :)

Thanks for playing though, son, now move along before you get further embarassed.

Oh, as for my age and where I live...well, any time you want to come out to Phoenix and see a Cards game I'd be more than happy to buy you a beer.....nothing like watching opposing fans stumble out of SDS wondering how the hell they just lost to the lowly Cardinals.

Miyagi are you ok? Card trader really embarassed you just now.

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Nope. Just referring to your little cat fight buddy. No need to get crazy. :whistle:

oh ok :clap:

Voltron
11-03-2004, 01:06 PM
http://www.azcardinals.com/team/staff_bio.html?iid=34

This guy. Looks like he is a scout! He must have bveen looking at some SU players or something :idunno:

Drive 4 Five
11-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Allrighty then... :str8face:

chernobylwraiths
11-03-2004, 01:11 PM

This guy. Looks like he is a scout! He must have bveen looking at some SU players or something :idunno:

First you say Cade, then you say he was an equipment man or something and now you say he never said Cade and he might be a scout?

I'm starting to believe the Cards fan now.

:D

Voltron
11-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about this as well. Plus, why would he leave two days after the team left.

Connection from Syracuse to DC. He was catching a connection to Pheonix from there I was catching a connection to Charolette.

Voltron
11-03-2004, 01:19 PM
First you say Cade, then you say he was an equipment man or something and now you say he never said Cade and he might be a scout?

I'm starting to believe the Cards fan now.

:D
Do you get the names and phone numbers from everyone you sit next to on an airplane? :huh:

:;

Gunzlingr
11-03-2004, 01:22 PM
I talked to the Cards' Chef, and he does confirm that Jerry Hardaway sat next to Voltron on the plain. He did have to check with the Bills Chef for a second opinion, but they agreed it was him.

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 01:27 PM
I talked to the Cards' Chef, and he does confirm that Jerry Hardaway sat next to Voltron on the plain. He did have to check with the Bills Chef for a second opinion, but they agreed it was him.
LOL Well if the Card's chef confirmed it then it must be true.

don137
11-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Connection from Syracuse to DC. He was catching a connection to Pheonix from there I was catching a connection to Charolette.
You in Charlotte now Voltron?

Voltron
11-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah. Nothing to do till 6 PM :(

qcsabresfan84
11-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Voltron, you should check out this restaurant called the Township Grille while you're in town, its our Bills Backers HQ. in a plaza on the corner of independence and pineville-matthews. Great beef on weck. Check it out if youre by that area.

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2004, 02:37 PM

I wonder why Card Fan is so quiet since. Maybe he's "doing some checking". :snicker:

don137
11-03-2004, 02:42 PM

where are you?..I'm uptown working right now. ..

QC is right. Township Grille is an awesome Bills bar. I was in there for a few on Sunday picking up some wings for the halloween party in my cul-de-sac. They place was packed with Bills fans and they have some awesome wings.

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 02:50 PM
I wonder why Card Fan is so quiet since. Maybe he's "doing some checking". :snicker:
Actually I've already called my friend, got her voicemail though and left her a message to check into flights in and out of NC for Cardinal employees. Thanks for worrying about me though, glad to know you care :)

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Actually I've already called my friend, got her voicemail though and left her a message to check into flights in and out of NC for Cardinal employees. Thanks for worrying about me though, glad to know you care :)

Don't forget to have Voltron's ISP # tracked so that your secret agent buddies can track his other conspiratorial actions and file an injunction to stop any further rumors about speaking with a scout from the Cardinals organization....
Have you informed the FBI yet?
You better get right on that...and get with the FAA to see if they did any body cavity searches on Mr. Voltron and Mr. Hardaway....we need to make sure no top secret information was exchanged during the flight......THIS IS A MATTER OF THE HIGHEST NATIONAL SECURITY.

VOLTRON'S MISQUOTE OF THE SECOND CRAPPY McNown QB in the NFL is all out treason, and the country will not stand for these blatant terroristic attacks on the moral fiber of our people!

ALSO, consider the very real possibility that Voltron MAY NOT BE THIS PERPETRATOR'S REAL NAME....IN FACT IT MAY BE AN ALIAS!!!!

Mr. Hardaway's supposed family that lives in Cary, NC is likely just an elaborate hoax as well....put in position so that the flight shared by Mr. Voltron and Mr. Hardaway would be easily explained as a chance meeting....

Gunzlingr
11-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Why call her when the Chef confirmed it?

SABURZFAN
11-03-2004, 03:07 PM

with the way that the Cards played on Sunday,they wouldn't need them anyways.

SABURZFAN
11-03-2004, 03:10 PM

Miyagi's of age.he's just short.there aren't too many tall Asians.

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Don't forget to have Voltron's ISP # tracked so that your secret agent buddies can track his other conspiratorial actions and file an injunction to stop any further rumors about speaking with a scout from the Cardinals organization....
You better get right on that...and get with the FAA to see if they did any body cavity searches on Mr. Voltron and Mr. Hardaway....we need to make sure no top secret information was exchanged during the flight......THIS IS A MATTER OF THE HIGHEST NATIONAL SECURITY.

VOLTRON'S MISQUOTE OF THE SECOND CRAPPY McNown QB in the NFL is all out treason, and the country will not stand for these blatant terroristic attacks on the moral fiber of our people!

ALSO, consider the very real possibility that Voltron MAY NOT BE THIS PERPETRATOR'S REAL NAME....IN FACT IT MAY BE AN ALIAS!!!!

Mr. Hardaway's supposed family that lives in Cary, NC is likely just an elaborate hoax as well....put in position so that the flight shared by Mr. Voltron and Mr. Hardaway would be easily explained as a chance meeting....
:rofl:

SABURZFAN
11-03-2004, 03:11 PM
When you run into them do you ask if they want to supersize their meal?

he has to.it's his job. :funny:

SABURZFAN
11-03-2004, 03:17 PM

it says at the bottom that he's from North Carolina.

Voltron
11-03-2004, 03:19 PM

:roflmao:

NC-BILLS44
11-03-2004, 03:22 PM

Cary and Charlotte aren't that close together. Charlotte was just a place to catch his next flight.

Voltron
11-03-2004, 03:23 PM
He got off in DC. He wasn't on the next flight

Oh and to Detective Cardinal fan... I was on an Independence Air flight that left Syracuse at 6:15 PM

NC-BILLS44
11-03-2004, 03:23 PM

I believe Volton on this one.

Voltron
11-03-2004, 03:26 PM
I believe Volton on this one.
thanks! I just can't see why I would lie about something like this?

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 03:44 PM
thanks! I just can't see why I would lie about something like this?Well I don't necesarilly think you are lying, but I think someone fed you a load of crap and you bought it. Then you decided to come on a board and spew it like you have some kind of secret info....you don't.

Originally Posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit

Someone lacks the funny!

Card Trader
11-03-2004, 03:46 PM
he has to.it's his job. :funny:
thats clever.think of it on your own.!?

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2004, 03:53 PM
So did you have your travel agency friend check this out yet? Will she get in trouble if the organization learns that she's giving out some crazy fan information about its own personnel's travel itenieries, so that he can spew his mouth on some message board? I hope not!

SABURZFAN
11-03-2004, 03:58 PM
thats clever.think of it on your own.!?

tsk...tsk....you'll get a better job some day.you should try Greyhound,they're always looking for somebody to sniff farts out of bus seats.

Voltron
11-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Well I don't necesarilly think you are lying, but I think someone fed you a load of crap and you bought it. Then you decided to come on a board and spew it like you have some kind of secret info....you don't.

It was Jerry Hardaway. I recognized the picture. Next time I meet some one from a team I will make sure to have a picture taken and have it notarized so that some dork in AZ can't call me gullible

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Why call her when the Chef confirmed it?

Thats what I don't understand either.

Earthquake Enyart
11-03-2004, 06:07 PM
It was Jerry Hardaway. I recognized the picture. Next time I meet some one from a team I will make sure to have a picture taken and have it notarized so that some dork in AZ can't call me gullible
That's Cade Hardaway. :eek:

mush69
11-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Volt I'm truely impressed that this thread has started such a controversy. The truth of the matter is that last night I saw both Travis Henry's and Emmit Smith's agents at the liquor store trying to find some cherry brandy so they could do some bowling ball shots together.

I overheard their conversation and they are trying to find a way to market the bowling ball shot because they really don't see a future in representing the players that have hired them.

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Volt I'm truely impressed that this thread has started such a controversy. The truth of the matter is that last night I saw both Travis Henry's and Emmit Smith's agents at the liquor store trying to find some cherry brandy so they could do some bowling ball shots together.

I overheard their conversation and they are trying to find a way to market the bowling ball shot because they really don't see a future in representing the players that have hired them.

I don't believe you. Phil can you ask the Bills Chef?

mush69
11-03-2004, 06:36 PM
I don't believe you. Phil can you ask the Bills Chef?

I'll get back to you later, first I have to call the liquor store owner who then in turn will call his travel agent, who then will call Card Trader's travel agent friend, who will have to confer with the Cardinals chef, who then will have to get with Phil to ask the Bills Chef!

This is really becoming a very drawn out process! :ontome:

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2004, 06:51 PM
I'll get back to you later, first I have to call the liquor store owner who then in turn will call his travel agent, who then will call Card Trader's travel agent friend, who will have to confer with the Cardinals chef, who then will have to get with Phil to ask the Bills Chef!

This is really becoming a very drawn out process! :ontome:

very cumbersome if you ask me.

BAM
11-03-2004, 06:53 PM

Oh my god this is great! ROFL

:clap:

chernobylwraiths
11-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Do you get the names and phone numbers from everyone you sit next to on an airplane? :huh:

:;

I'm a poor liberal and can't afford to fly. :D

northernbillfan
11-04-2004, 02:45 AM
After reading this thread, I can't believe that Card Trader would go through all this trouble to disprove Volt. He's doing this because Volt made a typo with Cade's name or whatever the frikkin QB from AZ is named.

I can see the thread he started at AZcards.com:

I was just over at the Bills Zone and some guy said he was on a flight with a scout/trainer/equipment guy from the Cardinals. Can you believe that? I have to check with the Cardinals Head Office to see if anyone flew out of Syracuse to Carolina so I can call him a liar

Dude get a life

Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

There's no room at the stadium for the likes of you

The AZ Cards chef said it was him so STFU!

Billz_fan
11-04-2004, 06:27 AM
This is a great thread :laughter:

mush69
11-04-2004, 07:34 AM
This is a great thread :laughter:

A classic in the making!

I did check with "Louie the liquor" and he also reported that the "Agents bought a whole case of cherry brandy. They were reported to leave his establishment carring large heavy bowling bags and wearing funny shoes.

:crazy:

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Looks like the Card fan didn't get the answer he wanted from his spies. So Was Hardaway a nice guy?

Voltron
11-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Very nice. He told me I was very knowledgeable for some one who never put the pads on :D

chernobylwraiths
11-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Very nice. He told me I was very knowledgeable for some one who never put the pads on :D

He obviously wasn't a scout then. :D

:jk:

lordofgun
11-04-2004, 02:48 PM
I believe the Cards fan. Voltron lied to me a few times at the tailgate.

Earthquake Enyart
11-04-2004, 02:54 PM
This tipped it in for me. You're lying. :liar:

BAM
11-04-2004, 06:40 PM
I believe the Cards fan. Voltron lied to me a few times at the tailgate.

The nerve! Please fill us in, lordofgun!

lordofgun
11-06-2004, 05:11 PM
This thread has officially been inducted into the Zone hall of fame!

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 08:19 PM

They are starting John Navarre, their 3rd string QB after Shaun King crapped the bed.

Looks Like Voltron H. Nailed this one!! :up: