PDA

View Full Version : CBS actually gave the Bills some respect

OpIv37
11-06-2004, 06:09 PM
I just watched ND beat Tennessee and almost all of the NFL ads they showed contained Bills clips. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that they're the 1 pm national game tomorrow, but it was nice to see them getting some props finally.

On a side note, the covereage of the game SUCKED. On one play, the Tennessee QB threw the ball for a 15 yard gain, but they never switched cameras so all I saw was the QB standing there. And they were commenting on the OU/A&M game which was tied 28-28. One of them came up with this brilliant gem: "This game's not over yet". I can't believe these idiots make ten times my salaray.

CAbills
11-06-2004, 06:40 PM
bills game is the national game?

OpIv37
11-06-2004, 07:02 PM
bills game is the national game?

surprisingly yes- which means you'll see it unless it's trumped by a local team.

BAM
11-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Yep sure is! It's on local TV here in PA as well!

:jam: :gobills:

ajsdx
11-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Well, here in NC they're showing the Panthers game in that spot. And forget CBS, have you seen the line? A 6-1 team giving only 3 points to a 2-5 team? Who cares where the game is -- you don't see matchups like that get get spreads under 7 very often. Even Vegas is giving us some love, man!

WagonCircler
11-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Well, here in NC they're showing the Panthers game in that spot. And forget CBS, have you seen the line? A 6-1 team giving only 3 points to a 2-5 team? Who cares where the game is -- you don't see matchups like that get get spreads under 7 very often. Even Vegas is giving us some love, man!

It sucks. In Raleigh, the Panthers are considered local. At least they can't preempt next week's game. It's the ESPN Sunday Night Game.

Mr. Miyagi
11-06-2004, 10:43 PM
surprisingly yes- which means you'll see it unless it's trumped by a local team.
Thank GOD Green Bay has a bye this week! :pray:

mybills
11-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Thank God the Pats are playing at 4:00! :biggrin:

Charlieguide
11-06-2004, 11:01 PM
I've got you all beat on regional coverage. Here in Columbus, they consider Cinci and Cleveland local teams. For twenty years, I've been in football hell. And if one of them plays an NFC team, there is no other option!!!

(The sad part is, I'll often watch the games, anyway, for love of football, if not the teams.)

WagonCircler
11-06-2004, 11:02 PM
I've got you all beat on regional coverage. Here in Columbus, they consider Cinci and Cleveland local teams. For twenty years, I've been in football hell. And if one of them plays an NFC team, there is no other option!!!

(The sad part is, I'll often watch the games, anyway, for love of football, if not the teams.)

Ouch.

Charlieguide
11-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Wait a sec. I just checked the listings.

Cinci is @ DAL, and on Fox!

And Cleveland plays the nite game!

THE BILLS ARE ON IN CENTRAL OHIO!!!!!

And I have to work!!!! (do I spend my last sick day on this?) :couch:

Marvelous
11-07-2004, 12:07 AM
It's on here in south Fl too :). HAHA no jet fans chanting tomorrow :jam:
The miami game is a fox game so we are on and i get to tape it.
We better not get swept :pray:

G. Host
11-07-2004, 03:24 AM

That is what sick days are for. You are sick of not seeing the Bills ....

The_Philster
11-07-2004, 04:13 AM
And I have to work!!!! (do I spend my last sick day on this?) :couch:You really have to ask? :cynic:

Cntrygal
11-07-2004, 09:32 AM

YES!

If we win and you miss it, you'll be sick. If we get tromped on, you'll be sick.

london59
11-07-2004, 10:42 AM
You people need to get Direct Tv Sunday Ticket and stop living at the mercy of the Networks.

Cntrygal
11-07-2004, 10:44 AM
You people need to get Direct Tv Sunday Ticket and stop living at the mercy of the Networks.

I go to the bar.

Charlieguide
11-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Can't afford DTV -- I'm one of the many who lost a job & got another one at $9000 less a year.

The local Bills Fan Club bar is a dive, but I do spend some time there. But on TV at a friend's house is better!

And yes, I AM playing hooky today! Don't tell the boss I'm not sick! :D

Cntrygal
11-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Can't afford DTV -- I'm one of the many who lost a job & got another one at $9000 less a year.

The local Bills Fan Club bar is a dive, but I do spend some time there. But on TV at a friend's house is better!

And yes, I AM playing hooky today! Don't tell the boss I'm not sick! :D

You are not allowed to work on any Sunday that the Bills play. You'll just have to make the sacrifice. :D