PDA

View Full Version : Starting RB's this week

Charlieguide
11-06-2004, 10:53 PM
In BFZ #3 this week, I'll be reaching to the bottom of the barrel once again. My top three RB's are Stephen (it still hurts) Davis, Duce (I wasn't hurt Friday, but I'm hurt Saturday) Staley, and Brian (it hurts to breathe but I'll be ok) Westbrook. :sadwalk:

Last week, I started Dorsey Levens alongside Duce.

This week, with Staley's surprise injury, and barring any last minute miracles from Chris Mortensen, I'll be starting the A-Train, yes Anthony Thomas, alongside Michael Pittman. :cry:

On the upside, I do have Culpepper, who should look better now that Moss is off the field; and my TE Antonio Gates is putting up more points than most WR's. If Moulds, Stokley, and Rod Smith all pull their weight, and if the Lions get their usual (and unusual) number of turnovers and sacks, I might be ok.

But if I lose, be sure to read all about it when Patrick7677 tells you how great his team is. :meh2:

lordofgun
11-06-2004, 11:08 PM
My team is better than both of yours. :D

Charlieguide
11-06-2004, 11:23 PM
My team is better than both of yours. :D

That wasn't my point, but I'll give you this:

Your roster is solid (and you've been lucky with DEN players). You have the same 6-2 record as I do, and thanks to Pepper's slump and Holmes' spurt, you're now a whopping 16 points ahead of me.

I'll meet you in the league championship game.

Crisis
11-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Westbrook is playing. I'd play him.

Charlieguide
11-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Banged up Westbrook vs. Steelers D, or fresh A-Train (98yds off the bench last week) vs. the Giants.

I don't like playing banged-up guys much b/c of the risk of re-aggravating -- witness Randy Moss the last 2 wks -- splitting carries, etc.

lordofgun
11-07-2004, 06:30 PM
good call, charlie!

Charlieguide
11-07-2004, 10:29 PM
good call, charlie!

:snicker: Combined: 273 yards and 5 (that's FIVE) touchdowns! :snicker:

Sometimes, I don't know whether to feel lucky or smart. I'll err on the side of humility and say lucky. :up: