11-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Dodged a few sacks...

G Wolly
11-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Best Game for Bledsoe this year. Pray for Williams recovery :pray:

Crisis
Dodged a few sacks...

I loved the big one where he left Ellis on his ass.

Reminded me of the Eddie Robinson play...Good thing we were on the right side of that play this time. :jam:

mybills
So, is it still too late for him? :idunno: I think he's gone next year for sure.

BAM
11-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Not if the Bills go on a run here...

Crisis
11-07-2004, 03:41 PM
So, is it still too late for him? :idunno: I think he's gone next year for sure.

Depends how we finish the season...

Too early to tell his future as it is.

But...I think we're going to see Losman next year. Don't have a #1 pick sit on the bench for 2 years...

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 03:45 PM
i think he is done no matter what.. at least in buffalo.. but he is playing for a job somewhere else.

isnt it funny how we get so excited to see a qb go 18 of 30, for 184 yards and one td..

he is a "please just dont lose the effing game" qb who did his job today.

Mad Bomber
11-07-2004, 03:48 PM
He dodged a number of potential sacks, and actually had 2 runs for positive yards Drew Vick?.....nahhh!

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Drew had a solid game today but he hardly is earning the massive salary he costs. I still haven't seen anything from him that a 2nd or 3rd string QB couldn't do. Losman is our future.

The King
11-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Drew stepped up and did more then what was expected of him today. His status at seasons end is null and void at this point, but if he can get his confidence back dont think this bills team is dead.

I got in a shouting match at the bar today before the game because some patsie fan was doggin on the Bills, I looked for himat games end and he was MIA....Hmmm tooo bad!

Great Game today I couldnt be happier

The King
11-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Drew stepped up and did more then what was expected of him today. His status at seasons end is null and void at this point, but if he can get his confidence back dont think this bills team is dead.

I got in a shouting match at the bar today before the game because some patsie fan was doggin on the Bills, I looked for him at the games end and he was MIA....Hmmm tooo bad!

Great Game today I couldnt be happier

Captain gameboy
11-07-2004, 03:56 PM
1. Perfect jump ball pass to E Mo.
2. Perfect pass to Lee Evans for the TD.
3. Perfect pass to Lee Evans on the game sealing 3rd and 8.

His best game so far.
If he keeps running , or goes to our tight ends, we are in buisness.
Great game!

Iehoshua
11-07-2004, 04:00 PM
I give props to Drew for a good game today. No mistakes made to cost us, managed effectively and even made plays with his feet (did they get those wheels on the cleats working? :rofl: ).

G. Host
11-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Depends how we finish the season...

Too early to tell his future as it is.

But...I think we're going to see Losman next year. Don't have a #1 pick sit on the bench for 2 years...

That is what they did with Pennington but I think he was one of four 1st round picks for Jets.

Drew's performance rest of year will determine if he starts as #1 QB, backup QB or is cut.

Mr. Cynical
11-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Drew had a solid game today but he hardly is earning the massive salary he costs. I still haven't seen anything from him that a 2nd or 3rd string QB couldn't do. Losman is our future.
:bf1:

HotRod
11-08-2004, 01:28 AM
Curses being broken all over the place AND mybills saying something positive about Bledsoe...... the world has got to be coming to an end. :;

mybills
11-08-2004, 07:15 AM
:rofl: I know, I can't believe it myself. But when I saw him actually turn his head looking for another reciever I had an instant smile on my face. It's something I've been waiting 10 years to see him do! :up: Did somebody hide his horse blinders? :D

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Anyone who says they aren't surprised by Drew's performance is lying. Having said that....NOT LOSING games is fine for this year....but for the future, we need a QB who can WIN games for us. Losman is that QB I hope....but I can wait till next year for him to prove it.

Jayhawk
11-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Even dodged a sack, and had a 16 yard run. :eek:
yeah I had to have a cup of coffee after that to see if I was awake

cordog
11-08-2004, 09:46 AM
i think he is done no matter what.. at least in buffalo.. but he is playing for a job somewhere else.

isnt it funny how we get so excited to see a qb go 18 of 30, for 184 yards and one td..

he is a "please just dont lose the effing game" qb who did his job today.

18 for 30 = 60% which we would all say is good
he had a passer rating of 88.7 which is good
and i believe you are the one always saying passing yards dont mean s**t, so tell me how isnt it a good day?

mybills
11-08-2004, 09:56 AM
He did good, but I still think he's gone.

chernobylwraiths
11-08-2004, 10:03 AM

Do we forget the winds that quickly? I just can't believe that a 2nd or 3rd stringer could do ANYTHING under those conditions. Drew isn't great, but he has played well for the most part IMO this season.

mybills
11-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Both teams scored into the wind.

chernobylwraiths
11-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Both teams scored into the wind.

Pennington seemed to be throwning to wide open guys though much of the time.

askabry
11-08-2004, 11:23 AM
1. Perfect jump ball pass to E Mo.
2. Perfect pass to Lee Evans for the TD.
3. Perfect pass to Lee Evans on the game sealing 3rd and 8.

His best game so far.
If he keeps running , or goes to our tight ends, we are in buisness.
Great game!

We can name three good passes. I'm impressed.

I'm also cognizant of the fact that he drilled several passes into the ground. I'm impressed with the fact that, despite the offensive line giving him EXCELLENT protection over the last two games he's a combined 26 of 47. That with time running out in the first half, he failed to show the leadership and initiative to ASK FOR TWO PLAYS before he started out on the field.

Wow. He put the ball in the air 30 times against a depleted (and even when it's at full strength) poor secondary and didn't get picked. Let's get the guy a medal.

Tatonka
11-08-2004, 11:31 AM
18 for 30 = 60% which we would all say is good
he had a passer rating of 88.7 which is good
and i believe you are the one always saying passing yards dont mean s**t, so tell me how isnt it a good day?

i didnt say it was a bad day.. it was an average day.. 88.7 qb rating is about 10 points higher than his career average.. both are just that.. average.

like i said.. i am just happy he didnt blow.

finsrclowns
11-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Let's get the guy a medal.

No medals, but you weren't going to get medals with that wind. It was a much needed W and a solid performance by Bledsoe. The third and goal pass to Evans and the 3rd down throw to Evans at the end were great throws and clutch. Bashing him after that game or the Arizona game is dumb, both solid wins in difficult passing conditions.

On the other side, Pennington's turnovers lost the game for the Jets. And he gets good protection every week (#2 rated o-line according to ESPN). Injured or not, the decision by Pennington to throw to Chrebet into double coverage was a poor one and deserved to be picked.

Ebenezer
11-08-2004, 11:45 AM
his pay and play are in the middle of the pack...like it or not, he is what he is...

askabry
11-08-2004, 11:59 AM
No medals, but you weren't going to get medals with that wind. It was a much needed W and a solid performance by Bledsoe. The third and goal pass to Evans and the 3rd down throw to Evans at the end were great throws and clutch. Bashing him after that game or the Arizona game is dumb, both solid wins in difficult passing conditions.

On the other side, Pennington's turnovers lost the game for the Jets. And he gets good protection every week (#2 rated o-line according to ESPN). Injured or not, the decision by Pennington to throw to Chrebet into double coverage was a poor one and deserved to be picked.

Pennington made that pass to Chrebet with a busted wing, and even given that, Pennington's passes were downfield and his best production was against the wind. At the half, Pennington was something like 7 of 11 for 120 yards.

Bledsoe isn't in the same league as Pennington; on one hand, you've got a QB you hope doesn't end the day for you (in fact, you yourself are crediting him for not fgging it up) and in New York everyone knows that the Jets rarely win if Pennington doesn't take them there.

There are difference-makers, and those you hope don't make a difference. We've got the latter.

don137
11-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Drew has been very un-Drewlike the last two games. He's checked off to other receivers, He stepped up in the pocket to alude a sack on a few occassions instead of standing there like his feet are in cement and he actually ran with the ball for positive yardage...very glad to see it..his days in Buffalo are still numbered though...