PDA

View Full Version : A Near Perfect Game

justasportsfan
11-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Did you like the smashmouth game today Mr. Wilson?

Bills played to near perfection against the Jets today and as a result, the bills win.

Offense-
If one were to grade Drews performance this season you could say he's been average to say the least. Now before Drew fans blast me for saying average, it was a compliment. Compared to last year, average is definitely an improvement compared to what he did last year. He was practically mistake free except for a few missed target like His pass behind Campbellwho was open for a first down. He did however make up for it in the next play. Mularkey who's been credited for reviving qb careers has been good so far. We have 8 more games before we can grade that situation.

For the first half I was starting to wonder is there was something wrong w/ Mularkeys/Clemens' passing offense. Other than Moulds no one was getting open. I had myself thinking if it was Drew zeroing in on Moulds, the scheme or raw talent outside from Moulds. As soon as Evans made his first catch, I knew the bills were gonna win. It opened up an offense that was already running the ball by command.

The running game-
I felt bad watching Henry standing on the sidelines who has been a great addition to this team. He was a warrior and was considered by many as last years team MVP. Sad to say he has been replaced although a bad situation for him ,it's a great situation for the Bills. He would be a rb who'm Norv Turner would love to have next year or Bill Parcells. Let's just hope both teams have a far worse running situation for the rest of the season to get desperate enough to want to overpay for Henry. Whatever happens, don't trade him to Miami.

The Mcgahee/ Shelton combination is like watching Thurman and Gash in the backfield. Shelton looked like he is Larry Centers and Sam Gash rolled into one. Willis on the other hand reminds me of how Thurman used to be so patient waiting for his blocks and able to shift where there isn't any. What an extra effort after a hit. Oh and yeah, they both had busted knees coming out of college. :D

Defense.

Kelsay has had a wonderful season and one can argue that he is having a better season compared to Jason Taylor so far. Anytime you limit Chad Pennington to an output like today, you know this D is better than what is was last year. Greg Williams knew his D and he chose the right man (Gray) to run a D while he was a HC.

Reese is average at best and I'd really like to see what Troy Vincent can do as a safety.

Is having an ST role getting to McGee that his coverage skills is starting to deteriorate? He was this games goat on D. Maybe we should've put Clements on Santana Moss who had a field day against Mcgee. Thank the heavens he made a fumble recovry that resulted in a Bills TD.

Milloy had finally caught a TD as a Bill. Welcome back. This needed to happen in oreder for us to beat the jets.

ST-
Can't say much about the best punter in the NFL. Maybe not statistically but in huge plays.

Mularkey showed us the ability to play chess against a good Jets team. :up:. If we keep playing this way, we can beat the Pats and sweep the fins. :up: