PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else disagree with the play calling

LABillsFan
11-07-2004, 04:45 PM
I mean, the Bills are up by 12, and all of a sudden they go into an offensive shell for the rest of the game. McGee blows his coverage AGAIN and the lead is 5. If not for NY not having any time outs to challenge Evans' catch who knows what would of happened. This was really irratating. A game very well played game could have been costly.

Billsouth
11-07-2004, 04:52 PM
i could not DISAGREE more. i thought the playcalling was excellent. when u have a 12 point lead with 5 min left in the game and your rb already has over 100 yds U run the ball!!

i wish bennie and the jets had a to because that was one of 2 great catches by evans. the replayed showed that he got both feet down.

This is the best game we played all year and people r still *****ing.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!

DaBills
11-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Yes. Agree. More than that though – EVERY game, we run the following doomed plays:

- Reverse with Moulds leading

- Run draw in a non-blitz situation, either from the shotgun or behind center, AND from 6-7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Defenses are just to fast for that crap.

- Run up the middle when inside the opponents 5-yardline, not once, but twice, forcing a 3rd-down pass situation, which is usually:

- A pass out of the endzone. (And yeah, I saw the fade route to Evans for the TD, but I will take a higher-percentage run or sweep in that situations over that throw any day).

- The pitch out. We run a pitch but we won't run a bootleg inside the Red Zone, even though it's there all day to take advantage of by Drew.

And the team did fall into a play not-to-lose funk. There were just running it out. Eventually a D can key on that. One more score would have iced it.

look at what happened to old reliable #24 giving up that TD pass.

LABillsFan
11-07-2004, 05:01 PM
i could not DISAGREE more. i thought the playcalling was excellent. when u have a 12 point lead with 5 min left in the game and your rb already has over 100 yds U run the ball!!

i wish bennie and the jets had a to because that was one of 2 great catches by evans. the replayed showed that he got both feet down.

This is the best game we played all year and people r still *****ing.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!

BACK OFF DUDE!

Read what the post says and stop interpreting what you think you read. They couldn't move the ball and if by chance that catch isn't called good the Jets get the ball back. Who's complaining about the game? Did you read the last line or were you in between sips

LABillsFan
11-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Yes. Agree. More than that though – EVERY game, we run the following doomed plays:

- Reverse with Moulds leading

- Run draw in a non-blitz situation, either from the shotgun or behind center, AND from 6-7 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Defenses are just to fast for that crap.

- Run up the middle when inside the opponents 5-yardline, not once, but twice, forcing a 3rd-down pass situation, which is usually:

- A pass out of the endzone. (And yeah, I saw the fade route to Evans for the TD, but I will take a higher-percentage run or sweep in that situations over that throw any day).

- The pitch out. We run a pitch but we won't run a bootleg inside the Red Zone, even though it's there all day to take advantage of by Drew.

And the team did fall into a play not-to-lose funk. There were just running it out. Eventually a D can key on that. One more score would have iced it.

look at what happened to old reliable #24 giving up that TD pass.

Exactly, 3 more points and it's an 8 point lead instead of 5 and with the way McGee was defending out there the last thing needed was another loss on the last play of the game.

Pride
11-07-2004, 06:08 PM
I agree... alot of the play calls today were questionable!

See my Trick Play Thread

LABillsFan
11-07-2004, 06:12 PM
I agree... alot of the play calls today were questionable!

See my Trick Play Thread

I missed part of the game. When were they? I may be glad I missed them.

Pride
11-07-2004, 06:18 PM
2nd quarter I believe

All capped off by the 3rd down clock stopping spike...

LABillsFan
11-07-2004, 06:22 PM
I did see that part of the game. Don't know if it's lack of confidence in some players or if they are seeing something on film. Either case, they aren't working.

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 06:43 PM
the only play i had a major problem with was the ball spike on the goaline with 30 seconds left on 3rd down..

but i feel like that call was made because they have no faith that drew could get it done.

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2004, 06:48 PM
WE won, what the hell do you have to question? The play calling was EXCELLENT. What did you expect them to do with a 12 point lead, come out throwing? Gimme a break. Some people will never be happy.