PDA

View Full Version : It was just a matter of time w/ TO

Mr. Cynical
11-07-2004, 04:56 PM
I knew it. Seeing him yelling at McNabb is a perfect example why it was a bad move for Philly. I don't care that he has all that talent. In the end, he is all about himself and he will hurt your team.

DaBills
11-07-2004, 05:02 PM
I missed it. What happened?

Mr. Cynical
11-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Dunno the specifics, but I saw the clip of him screaming at McNabb on the sideline while McNabb was looking away from him. Same thing he used to do in SF with Garcia.

He is an a**hole of the first degree.

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 06:37 PM
he is the mvp of the league so far this season. there is no way the eagles are 7-1 without him.

he gets **** all the time but he helps his team win and he doesnt get charged with DUIs, sell drugs, or murder people like, alot of other nfl superstars..

did he act like a dick today? sure.. why? because he wants to win.

the 49ers are HORRIBLE without him.. the eagles are 7-1 with him..

they lost to a very good pittsburg team that is going to whipe the floor with the bills in a month.. of coarse he was frustrated..

and you have no idea what was being said.. maybe mcnabb was pissed about how effing horrible he played, not at TO.. you have no idea..

but you take the time to give him ****.

i would take TO in a heartbeat.

Mr. Cynical
11-07-2004, 06:44 PM
If you'd take TO, that's your call. I wouldn't want that s**thead on my team in any way, shape or form. Period.

There are plenty of examples of great players who don't act like him so it's not necessary.

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 06:47 PM
there are about 2 other wrs in the game right now as dominant as he is.

it is a personal preference i guess.

i dont mind a showboat... as long as he doesnt hurt the team by bad play or tons of off the field issues.. TO has neither of those issues..

like tons of other players that you would probably take.

Mr. Cynical
11-07-2004, 07:39 PM
I guess we'll see how non-impactful his selfish, arrogant actions become over time on the team. MY bet...and it is just my opinion...is that he will be traded in 2 years. McNabb will get tired of his BS and given the choice of McNabb or TO, there is no choice. McNabb wins.

chernobylwraiths
11-07-2004, 07:50 PM
he is the mvp of the league so far this season. there is no way the eagles are 7-1 without him.

he gets **** all the time but he helps his team win and he doesnt get charged with DUIs, sell drugs, or murder people like, alot of other nfl superstars..

did he act like a dick today? sure.. why? because he wants to win.

the 49ers are HORRIBLE without him.. the eagles are 7-1 with him..

they lost to a very good pittsburg team that is going to whipe the floor with the bills in a month.. of coarse he was frustrated..

and you have no idea what was being said.. maybe mcnabb was pissed about how effing horrible he played, not at TO.. you have no idea..

but you take the time to give him ****.

I would NEVER want a guy like that. People like him, Sanders, Clinton Portis, Keyshawn, etc. are all about themselves. Sure they are happy when the team is winning, but the minute things start to go bad it is all about everyone else and not them. They are just trying to help the team win. Well they are asses of the highest degree and I sure as hell don't want guys like that on MY team. That is why I liked it when they got rid of Peerless. Same type of person without the talent.

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 08:08 PM
guess what.. every nfl player is all about himself.. this is a business.. TO has made himself a ton of money by being who he is... a loudmouth showoff who is a great receiver.

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 08:08 PM
you guys are right.. i would much rather have ray lewis.. who watches his buddies stab people to death and then denies it to the police.

but hey! he is real team player.

ajsdx
11-07-2004, 08:58 PM
They talked to both TO and McNabb after that, and they said the same thing. McNabb was real down on himself after his pathetic showing, and TO was trying to keep his spirits up, keep him confident, and get him fired up for the rest of the year. TO has too much respect for McNabb to ***** at him...for the time being.

bledslow
11-07-2004, 09:03 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWW t.o was loud with his words.BOOOO HOOOOO. some ppl complain and whine like abused and battered women.who cares if he is vocal,hes good and will make any football team better.

p.s for all you complainers who cant handle loud words, i seen a commercial and the gap is having a special on mini-skirts,maybe you could pick up few for cheap for next summer.

justasportsfan
11-07-2004, 09:06 PM
He would've been in Drew's face in the first game. Not sure if that's a bad thing :couch:

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 09:11 PM
imagine that.. TO was trying to fire up mcnabb's ass, who was playing horrible..

yeah.. sounds like a real cancer to me..

49ers suck without him..

eagles are great with him..

looks like a cancer to me..

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 09:14 PM
imagine that.. TO was trying to fire up mcnabb's ass, who was playing horrible..

49ers suck without him..

looks like a cancer to me..

I'll still take a healthy Randy Moss any day. TO can't hang with Moss. TO is a distration. Moss has matured and is a team player. TO hasn't/isn't.

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 09:17 PM
I agree with T, this is the type of players the Bills lack. We got plenty of role players on O but no leader and nobody to get us fired up. If that means getting a showboating, cocky, best player at his posistion in the NFL type player, than so be it.

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 09:18 PM
I'll still take a healthy Randy Moss any day. TO can't hang with Moss. TO is a distration. Moss has matured and is a team player. TO hasn't/isn't.

Moss the same man who asked Tice to start him in order to further his own personal record? No thats not too selfish...Real team player there

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 09:19 PM
of coarse you take moss!!! moss is the best wr to ever play the game.. EVER!

when he is done, jerry rices records will all be dust.. they guy is incredible..

BUT.. it is funny that you say that, because most on this board would have said 2 years ago "I DONT WANT HIM!!!, HE TAKES PLAYS OFF!!!".

anyone can find a reason to give every player ****.

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Moss the same man who asked Tice to start him in order to further his own personal record? No thats not too selfish...Real team player there

What other rcvr has the skills he has? Not even TO can match up to Moss.

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 09:21 PM
What other rcvr has the skills he has? Not even TO can match up to Moss.

I dont deny his skill he's above any WR in this league, but he consistently takes plays off and has admitted to it, and sacrifices the team for personal records, thats not the team player you say he's matured into. He's still the same player he was in college, thankfully he got his off the field life in order.

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 09:22 PM
of coarse you take moss!!! moss is the best wr to ever play the game.. EVER!

when he is done, jerry rices records will all be dust.. they guy is incredible..

BUT.. it is funny that you say that, because most on this board would have said 2 years ago "I DONT WANT HIM!!!, HE TAKES PLAYS OFF!!!".

you can find a reason to give every play ****.

I'm all for signing a showboat or two. I like guys with attitudes.

Would I take TO over Moulds? I really don't know. Eric isn't on the same level as TO, Moss, IMO, so it's an unfair comparison. Moulds is a class guy more along the lines of Marvin Harrison. Quietly goes about doing his business.

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm all for signing a showboat or two. I like guys with attitudes.

Would I take TO over Moulds? I really don't know. Eric isn't on the same level as TO, Moss, IMO, so it's an unfair comparison. Moulds is a class guy more along the lines of Marvin Harrison. Quietly goes about doing his business.

good comparison although Harrison is better than Eric. Id take TO over Eric in a milisecond.

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 09:28 PM
i would take TO over everyone but moss..

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 09:29 PM
good comparison although Harrison is better than Eric. Id take TO over Eric in a milisecond.

Won't argue with you there. Harrison is better, IMO. Moulds has too many stupid drops to be the equal of Harrison. If he could correct that, he may be the 3rd best in the league. Until then, he's #4 behind Harrison.

DaBills
11-07-2004, 09:29 PM
I just saw the clip on ESPN. If that's yelling, then you'd think McNabb would'ver turned and told him to shut the **** up.

As far as players with attitude? If they can back it up, then take them.

Curious though if Moss would have the same success in Buffalo outdoors that he enjoys inside a dome at least 8 times a year.

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 09:30 PM
i would take TO over everyone but moss..

OK...I won't dispute that call. :up:

Mr. Cynical
11-07-2004, 11:05 PM

49ers suck without him..

looks like a cancer to me..You keep saying the 9ers suck because of TO leaving...

2002: 10-6. Mooch was the coach.
2003: 7-9. Ericson is the coach. Both Garcia and TO are on the team.
2004: 1-7. Ericson still the coach. BOTH Garcia and TO left.

Seems to me there's more to the 9ers sucking than just TO's absense.

As for him making the Eagles great...

2003: 12-4
2002: 11-5
2001: 11-5

Seems to me they were already great as they went to 3 straight NFC Championships without TO.

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 11:10 PM
were the eagles this feared before? did they ever go 7-0?

and if you dont think that TO is the biggest factor in san fran blowing right now.. well.. there really isnt any point in arguing with you..

even mcnabb defended the guy in the post game press confrence.. so your totally wrong about the whole damn thing.. he was trying to pull mcnabb out of the gutter, which is where his play was all day.

Mr. Cynical
11-07-2004, 11:16 PM
were the eagles this feared before? did they ever go 7-0?

and if you dont think that TO is the biggest factor in san fran blowing right now.. well.. there really isnt any point in arguing with you..

even mcnabb defended the guy in the post game press confrence.. so your totally wrong about the whole damn thing.. he was trying to pull mcnabb out of the gutter, which is where his play was all day.
Yes, the Eagles were feared before. Cmon...you don't go 12-4 and not be feared.

As for why the 9ers suck, I guess if you think TO is the reason then you are right. There is no reason to argue anymore with you. Ericson is ass as a coach and will be fired next year. Mark my words.

As for McNabb defending TO, I wouldn't expect anything less from a class act like Donovan. He knows better than to fuel the media, and he also knows the Eagles are his team, not TOs. So there would be no point in calling TO out.