PDA

View Full Version : Evans, McGahee, and Losman may just make Donahoe a god in Buffalo

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 07:07 PM
McGahee is the real deal. Evans shows flashes of brilliance that haven't been seen in a rookie WR in a long time. Losman is still an enigma but all indicators say he's going to be very good as well.

We've all been very critical of TD, but it looks like things may just come together nicely in the very near future. :up:

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually looking forward to what the future may bring.

colin
11-07-2004, 07:54 PM
how the hell did you get so much negative rep?

justasportsfan
11-07-2004, 08:10 PM
how the hell did you get so much negative rep?his avatar is a real picture of himself. :snicker:

Michael82
11-07-2004, 08:13 PM
McGahee is the real deal. Evans shows flashes of brilliance that haven't been seen in a rookie WR in a long time. Losman is still an enigma but all indicators say he's going to be very good as well.

We've all been very critical of TD, but it looks like things may just come together nicely in the very near future. :up:

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually looking forward to what the future may bring.
Not to mention...the Bills special teams are the best they have been in years, and the coaching staff is growing into a pretty damn good staff. :bf1:

bledslow
11-07-2004, 08:49 PM
you havent seen a rookie like that(evans) in years,ARE U FRIGGEN KIDDING ME?????? a third of his catches have been on broken plays. theres been MANY rookie receivers over the years that have played better.

willis had 132 yards on 37 carries today,thats not even 4 yards a carry. it was a lil below average for that amount of handoffs.you honestly dont think henry could have gotten 132 yards on 37 carries?? please.

losERman has a better shot at becoming the next ryan leaf then he does at the next favre(sp).

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 09:01 PM
you havent seen a rookie like that(evans) in years,ARE U FRIGGEN KIDDING ME?????? a third of his catches have been on broken plays. theres been MANY rookie receivers over the years that have played better.

willis had 132 yards on 37 carries today,thats not even 4 yards a carry. it was a lil below average for that amount of handoffs.you honestly dont think henry could have gotten 132 yards on 37 carries?? please.

losERman has a better shot at becoming the next ryan leaf then he does at the next favre(sp).

well arent we looking through rosed colored glasses

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 09:07 PM

Thank you Mr. Negative. :scared:

imbondz
11-07-2004, 09:10 PM

you're happy.

OpIv37
11-07-2004, 09:11 PM
I've said before that TD's job depends on Losman/Evans/McGahee. So far, his draft choices have been less than stellar. With the incredibly poor start to this season TD looked like the world's biggest moron. But the defense has been markedly improved since the last half of '02, ST has come together nicely and the offense has shown faint signs of life through three of the last 4 games. The jury's still out on TD but the true test is wins. The verdict will be in by this time next year.

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 09:13 PM
I've said before that TD's job depends on Losman/Evans/McGahee. So far, his draft choices have been less than stellar. With the incredibly poor start to this season TD looked like the world's biggest moron. But the defense has been markedly improved since the last half of '02, ST has come together nicely and the offense has shown faint signs of life through three of the last 4 games. The jury's still out on TD but the true test is wins. The verdict will be in by this time next year.

lets not forget Mike Williams too, he has shown improvement in this season so far. No longer is he consistently beat like last year. He's taking alot longer to develop but he's finally getting somewhere. I attribute that to McNally.

OpIv37
11-07-2004, 09:17 PM
lets not forget Mike Williams too, he has shown improvement in this season so far. No longer is he consistently beat like last year. He's taking alot longer to develop but he's finally getting somewhere. I attribute that to McNally.

True- MW started the season on a bad note but is definitely progressing- let's hope he's OK after the injury today.

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 09:18 PM

I think we are finally seeing the difference good coaching has on players.

The next few games will really test our mettle, so I'm not proclaiming we are a Super Bowl caliber team, but this game sure has me excited again.

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 09:19 PM
I think we are finally seeing the difference good coaching has on players.

The next few games will really test our mettle, so I'm not proclaiming we are a Super Bowl caliber team, but this game sure has me excited again.

completely agree, Im not by any means expecting a win v. Pats next weekend but Im damn sure expecting an entertaining game! :jam:

Ed
11-07-2004, 09:33 PM
We've all been very critical of TD...

Not all of us have.

I don't think we were that bad in our first four games, we just caught some bad breaks. Now we're 3-1 since. With a new coaching staff it was only a matter of time before things started clicking, which is normal in a situation like this.

I've always liked the moves TD made when he made them. He's put us in great cap shape, assembled a team that looked really good on paper and now has seemed to put in place a very competent coaching staff.

Ralph Wilson always said it would take time and to be patient. I'm sure he was hoping things would turn around sooner and we still have a long ways to go, but I feel great about the direction we're heading.

Ebenezer
11-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Not all of us have.

I don't think we were that bad in our first four games, we just caught some bad breaks. Now we're 3-1 since. With a new coaching staff it was only a matter of time before things started clicking, which is normal in a situation like this.

I've always liked the moves TD made when he made them. He's put us in great cap shape, assembled a team that looked really good on paper and now has seemed to put in place a very competent coaching staff.

Ralph Wilson always said it would take time and to be patient. I'm sure he was hoping things would turn around sooner and we still have a long ways to go, but I feel great about the direction we're heading.
how perspective changes if Clements knocks down that ball and the refs don't blow the Raider game...imagine if the defense stops the Jets on the last drive in the Meadowlands?

we could be looking at any where from 4-4 to 6-2...whole different season on just a couple of plays.

finsrclowns
11-07-2004, 10:00 PM
how perspective changes if Clements knocks down that ball and the refs don't blow the Raider game...imagine if the defense stops the Jets on the last drive in the Meadowlands?

we could be looking at any where from 4-4 to 6-2...whole different season on just a couple of plays.

You mean it's not all Drew's fault? :headscrat

DraftBoy
11-07-2004, 10:01 PM

lets not forget what naming McGahee the starter sooner coulda done too :jam:

Ed
11-07-2004, 10:19 PM

Exactly, and it's like that every year for most of the teams in the league. A play here or a play there and everythings different.

It sucks when we lose close games like that, but it's crazy how bent out of shape people can get and think we're the worst team in the league, we're doomed for failure, everyone should be fired, the sky is falling and blah blah blah...

tampabay25690
11-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Thank you Mr. Negative. :scared:

I know who is that guy that posted anyway

G. Host
11-08-2004, 12:12 AM
You mean it's not all Drew's fault? :headscrat

It is! It is! Just ask some if the 'Chicken Littles" on the board.

Mr. Cynical
11-08-2004, 03:25 AM
lets not forget what naming McGahee the starter sooner coulda done too :jam:
Agreed. Screwing around with TH was a big mistake IMO. WM is getting stronger every game and that process should have started day 1. At least he is now so that's good. :smile:

If JP and Evans turn out well...and if MM stops with the stupid trick plays....I'll give TD credit where credit is due. I don't forgive him for making BIG mistakes with GW, KG, Drew and the Oline, but if we become a WINNING team going forward, then that's all I can ask for. The GM takes the blame for losing and the credit for winning. So if we win, he should be praised.

However we're still 3-5 so I'm not loading up my plate of crow just yet. :;