PDA

View Full Version : anyone excited about what they saw from Kelsay?

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 08:11 PM
he looked great today.. dominant on several plays.

i was happy.

:up:

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2004, 08:22 PM
I thought he had his best game as a Bill by far. All over the place, forcing Martin to outside, sacking Pennington, making big plays all around.

Tatonka
11-07-2004, 08:25 PM
yeah, he was huge in containing martin, who has just been eating people up all year.

Philagape
11-07-2004, 08:40 PM
That 2003 draft is looking like a gem -- McGahee, Kelsay, McGee

OpIv37
11-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Kelsay's no Bruce Smith but I definitely see the ability to play the Phil Hansen role- consistent, solid player who comes up with a big play from time to time. He's had 2 or 3 good games this season, including today.

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Kelsay's no Bruce Smith but I definitely see the ability to play the Phil Hansen role- consistent, solid player who comes up with a big play from time to time. He's had 2 or 3 good games this season, including today.

He outplayed Schoebel today.

OpIv37
11-07-2004, 09:14 PM

true but part of that is because offenses are paying more attention to Shoebel now that he's put up a few sacks and forced fumbles. I don't think Kelsay's a dominant player but I do think there's a role in this defense that he can play well.

Forward_Lateral
11-07-2004, 09:22 PM

He would've out played a lot of DE's today.

ArcticWildMan
11-07-2004, 09:24 PM
true but part of that is because offenses are paying more attention to Shoebel now that he's put up a few sacks and forced fumbles. I don't think Kelsay's a dominant player but I do think there's a role in this defense that he can play well.

Well, that's what was mentioned above. Phil Hanson complimented Bruce quite nicely, so if he is to be Schoebel's side kick, I'm happy.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-07-2004, 10:08 PM
I remember the BILLS saying when we drafted him that he would be the next Phil Hansen
he looked great today.. dominant on several plays.

i was happy.

:up:

Positives: Has good athleticism with above-average speed, quickness, body control and change-of-direction agility for his position … Has explosive acceleration off the snap … Plays with proper knee bend and leverage, flashing the ability to jolt the offensive linemen coming on the pass rush … Will flatten and squeeze vs. down blocks and fights pressure well on reach blocks … Shows good hand usage to keep blockers off him while maintaining separation … Aggressive hitter who will square up and wrap, bringing his hips properly to drive behind his hits … Consistently finds ways to bring the ball carriers down … Plays on his feet, using his hands effectively to protect his legs vs. low blocks … Has good back side chase quickness and a solid burst to get to the passer … Flips his hips properly and shows good rip-and-swim moves when bending the corner … Plays with all-out determination and effort … Displays good take-off quickness generating the pass rush … Adequate dropping off in pass coverage and will come off in a two-point stance in blitzing situations. http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/kelsay_chris

TigerJ
11-07-2004, 10:45 PM
If Kelsay can keep developing the way he is, he'll force teams to play a straighter blocking scheme rather than sliding protection toward Schobel. That's got to help Schobel eventually.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-07-2004, 11:20 PM
That 2003 draft is looking like a gem -- McGahee, Kelsay, McGee

I was watching Sports Xtra tonight with Ed, Adam and Stu and Ed Kilgore came up with a very good point that the BILLS should've taken Kelsay as our #1 pick in the draft and we we're lucky to get him in round #2 but then we wouldn't have gotten Willis.

colin
11-08-2004, 12:44 AM
i think we jump all over our young players way too quickly.

Kelsey is showing above average developement for a first day player in his second year, denny has shown below average developement. overall if we spend 3 2nd rounders on DEs and get two quality starters, and can sign DTs (an outstanding DT is quite hard to find, and we have 2, although they are in the later stage of their carrers) then we are way ahead of the game.

I think it is important to notice that we have spent only 1 first round pick on the D since our first year (clements) under TD, but we have signed 4 first rounders in Adams, Spikes, Vincent, and Spikes. we ended up losing a 1st rounder as well in Bailey.

I still think we have a team that is very close to being very good for perhaps quite some time, but we need linemen on O very badly.

NapalmDeath
11-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Kelsay was a force today.

So much for Denney.

colin
11-08-2004, 03:05 AM
by bailey i mean winfield, and kelsay outplayed the mega million dollar probowler all world DEs on the Jets roster today, if we can get a legit pass rush from our front 4 then this season could get interesting