PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe....

OpIv37
11-07-2004, 09:41 PM
In the three victories this year (and in a few of the losses too), he's done exactly what was expected of him. Get rid of the ball quickly, avoid the big mistake (sack, turnover) and throw catchable passes. I can only think of one pass that he missed today, he wasn't sacked and he didn't have any fumbles or INT's. He even showed a little mobility on that 3rd down play.

Does this mean anything? To me, the significance is that this team can still win some games with Bledsoe- he doesn't need to put up 400 yards like he did in '02, just be consistent and protect the ball. JP is still the future of this franchise and I'd like to see the coaches work him in somehow as soon as he is healthy- the kid needs experience ASAP. But if Bledsoe can continue to play like he did the last two weeks, I won't have any problems with him being in the lineup.

juice
11-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Good Post Op.. If Bledsoe continues to play error free football then he should continue to start..Next week against his old Nemisis NE Bledsoe will face his biggest test.

OpIv37
11-07-2004, 09:48 PM
thanks- I agree, this upcoming game is a huge test for Bledsoe and the team as a whole. I expect them to hold their own, but I'm not sure if they can come up with a win against such a tough team on the road.

G. Host
11-07-2004, 09:56 PM
In the three victories this year (and in a few of the losses too), he's done exactly what was expected of him. Get rid of the ball quickly, avoid the big mistake (sack, turnover) and throw catchable passes. I can only think of one pass that he missed today, he wasn't sacked and he didn't have any fumbles or INT's. He even showed a little mobility on that 3rd down play.

He was expected to dodge a DE and run down the field for a first down? That isn't the player people on the Zone talk about when they call him "statue".

The King
11-07-2004, 10:03 PM
The NE game will be HUGE!!! On national TV too! This game is going to rely more on coaching than anyone player, Mularkey really needs to prepare the team well for this game.

HOW GREAT WAS MILLOY TODAY!!!

DaBills
11-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Agree. I said that last week about Trent Bledsoe. I thought for a while that the powers that be want to see him throw deep all the time just to justify his price tag. But we don't need that.

Our real tests will be NE and Pitt. Both blitz the hell out of Drew. With Willis established now, maybe that will keep their blitzers honest.

I'm not worried though as much about how Drew handles the blitz - it's how our secondary handles Brady. He's got one of the fastest releases and our blitz pressure needs to be in top form.