• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

The Fins are on the clock

At 1-8, they have a pretty good shot at getting the #1 pick. Are there any major impact players in the '05 draft? Just hoping they don't get someone that could come back to bite us. I'm pretty sure the QB class is pretty light, so that's good. That leaves a WR or RB. But then without a solid QB they're still screwed no matter what. Wonder what QB FAs will be around next year?
  • ajsdx
    • Aug 2003

I was actually torn about that...I always want the Fins to lose, but I want them to remain trapped in the cycle of mediocrity that always seems to plague them. Dan Marino's career defined that. Never good enough to win it all, but never bad enough to get a good pick to transform their franchise. So today, I half wanted AZ to lose, just so the Dolphins might not be the worst team in the NFL. Oh well. They're pretty well assured that dubious honor now.

Comment

• colin
      Drew's my hero!
      • Jul 2002

if that freshman RB from Oklahoma comes out he is Miami'a kight in shining armour. he could do more than ricki though, won't be too happy if they have him.

Comment

• NapalmDeath
        • Aug 2004

Its is gonna be a weak draft. Poor Fins!

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

Originally posted by colin
          if that freshman RB from Oklahoma comes out he is Miami'a kight in shining armour. he could do more than ricki though, won't be too happy if they have him.
          Adrian Peterson can't come out, remember the Maurice Clarrett thing. A player has to be out of high school for two years before he can be eligible for the nfl draft.

I will say the Dolphins will go with Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal, that is if Matt Lienhart stays in school another year.
          Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 11-08-2004, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
            Adrian Peterson can't come out, remember the Maurice Clarrett thing. A player has to be out of high school for two years before he can be eligible for the nfl draft.

I will say the Dolphins will go with Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal, that is if Matt Lienhart stays in school another year.

Please let Leinart come out and let the Phins take him!!

Kid is a product of the system, he'll be decent but not anything near what some are projecting.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

I think it all depends who the fins GM and New coach are... until then we wont really have a clue.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                • Aug 2004

they need alex barron of fsu or derrick johnson of texas
                http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

They just gave away their 2nd round pick for Touchy-Feeley. No way they admit that mistake and take another QB in the 1st round.

They'll go for either RB or OL.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                    • Aug 2004

maybe they take that williams dude from Auburn
                    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      They just gave away their 2nd round pick for Touchy-Feeley. No way they admit that mistake and take another QB in the 1st round.

They'll go for either RB or OL.
                      Haven't they already admitted their mistake by starting Fiedler?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

No because they still keep putting Feeley in every week. He even had a TD yesterday I believe.

They're running a college offense over there, rotating QBs.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                          At 1-8, they have a pretty good shot at getting the #1 pick. Are there any major impact players in the '05 draft? Just hoping they don't get someone that could come back to bite us. I'm pretty sure the QB class is pretty light, so that's good. That leaves a WR or RB. But then without a solid QB they're still screwed no matter what. Wonder what QB FAs will be around next year?
                          a lot will happen between now and then...RW will probably be traded to the Raiders for pick(s), Fiedler will probably be cut, other defensive cap casualites...

Miami could have a couple of #1s and #2s...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i dont think there is any way they take a qb..

they take the highest rated rb at that point.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

or trade down.. trading down would seem smarter if they want to go rb.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X