X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

No timeouts, so no challenge

Why didn't the Jets challenge Lee Evans' 27-yard reception down the right sideline with 2:37 left?

They had no timeouts remaining, and by rule, were not allowed to challenge. Coach Herman Edwards said he "absolutely" would've challenged the ruling that Evans had both feet inbounds and possession of the ball. The play essentially denied the Jets a final chance to possess the ball. Replays appeared inconclusive. The Jets used all three second-half timeouts on defense in the fourth quarter, trying to preserve time for a comeback.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

he would have lost the challenge too.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Yes he would've. I was listening to the postgame on the drive home and they talked like it would be inconclusive. When I watched the highlights on Primetime, they clearly showed it was a good catch.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mad Bomber
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
        Yes he would've. I was listening to the postgame on the drive home and they talked like it would be inconclusive. When I watched the highlights on Primetime, they clearly showed it was a good catch.
        I taped the game and watched that play several times. You can see how his left foot drags.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

I missed it. They cut in with 4 change left on the clock.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• finsrclowns
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
            I taped the game and watched that play several times. You can see how his left foot drags.
            Yes, he did drag his left foot. How good is that from a rookie receiver? It may sound basic but you only need one foot in college and it takes time to make the idea of 2 feet down second nature. And dragging the foot was good work in any case. That was a clutch play by Evans and Drew.
            finsrclowns

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Yup, Jets fans can grouse about officiating all they want, but that one was a good call.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Yeah it was a good call. The best part was you could see the rubber pellets flying when he dragged his left foot too.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                  he would have lost the challenge too.
                  sucks to be them...they called the TOs to preserve the clock...without a lucky ass pass to Moss when Carter was trying to throw it away, the game wouldn't have been that close.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                  X