X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills stomp on Abraham and run over Jets' 'D'

Once the steamroller, John Abraham had a little taste of what it's like to be steamrolled.

He has made a habit of flattening Drew Bledsoe - 8½ career sacks against the Buffalo quarterback, including three when the two met at Giants Stadium last month. But Abraham, the NFL's sack leader entering yesterday's games, never got a paw on him and found himself on the turf more than Bledsoe did.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

The Bills were cooking, all right. They kept the Jets' blitz buried in the playbook because of a relentless running game by Willis McGahee (132 yards) and magnificent blocking by the offensive line. The Jets, who entered the game eighth among NFL teams against the run, were dominated.

"They ran the ball everywhere," Abraham said. "They ran it left, right. They ran at me and away from me. Whatever they did worked."

Jason Ferguson said it was "very surprising" how overpowering the Bills' ground game was. "It was hard to stop them," he said.

And it was this that led to a Bledsoe rarity: a sackless game.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      • May 2004

BRAVO offensive line for stepping up in the past two games and showing some sack.
      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Mulkarkey's O is so creative that his smashmouth included Drew rushing for the 1st down. It was all planned too.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
        X