• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Rookie mistake

That spiking the ball and going for a FG play just before the half was purely a Mularkey coaching rookie mistake. I don't blame him.
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

I blame him... but wont hold it against him.

As long as it never happens again.

It seems he is willing to learn from his mistakes... so as long as he is willing to correct it, I am fine with it

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

As it turned out the FG changed everything. The Jets could've been just playing for field position and kick a long FG at the end of the game to win the game. Instead they had to go for a TD.

Mularkey is going to be a good coach for us.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        That spiking the ball and going for a FG play just before the half was purely a Mularkey coaching rookie mistake. I don't blame him.
        Wasn't it a personell issue with the D-Lineman in on the offensive side of the ball?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Calling a run on the play before that was the mistake. He had no time outs left.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
            Calling a run on the play before that was the mistake. He had no time outs left.
            22 seconds left in the half was more than enough time to throw a jump ball and still kick a FG...Bledsoe was too worried about the 25 second clock...they balked.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again. What would people have said had Bledsoe: A) Thrown an interception B) Gotten sacked or C) gotten called for intentional grounding. Any of those plays and we wouldn't have scored. I have NO problem with what happened OR with them trying to cross them up and run it in.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                I said it yesterday and I'll say it again. What would people have said had Bledsoe: A) Thrown an interception B) Gotten sacked or C) gotten called for intentional grounding. Any of those plays and we wouldn't have scored. I have NO problem with what happened OR with them trying to cross them up and run it in.
                depends on your perspective of DB...I wouldn't have been upset as long as they would have tried...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

In hindsight, it seemed to be the right thing to do. I don't know what happened, but Bledsoe was looking towared the sideline for quite a long time, waiting for a call to come in. He really had no other choice. I don't know if he couldn't hear, or if the wrong personell came in, or what. Either way, we won. I think the play calling, overall, was very good.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    depends on your perspective of DB...I wouldn't have been upset as long as they would have tried...
                    That may be true, but I just don't want to hear anymore about DB if I can help it.

Even yesterday I saw a couple of grumblings about his performance after a couple throws that were off.

I saw Warner yesterday and he looked awful. Even Brady hasn't looked very good as of late.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                      That may be true, but I just don't want to hear anymore about DB if I can help it.

Even yesterday I saw a couple of grumblings about his performance after a couple throws that were off.

I saw Warner yesterday and he looked awful. Even Brady hasn't looked very good as of late.
                      I was waiting for Clump after the game and I heard two guys talking...the first one says (paraphrasing), "Bledsoe sucks, he has lost it"...without looking at him, I said, "No picks, no sacks and they won. Never happy?" and walked away.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

he did it because of his lack of trust in drew not to foul up the whole thing.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          I was waiting for Clump after the game and I heard two guys talking...the first one says (paraphrasing), "Bledsoe sucks, he has lost it"...without looking at him, I said, "No picks, no sacks and they won. Never happy?" and walked away.
                          Some people will just get in that mindset and just not like a QB no matter what. I was always a Flutie fan because they won with him. Sure JR had more potential, but the Bills were winning. I think a lot of the anti Flutie crowd didn't like the fact that we were barely winning games, hence when RJ had that really good game against Indy in that somewhat meaningless last game, they wanted him.

I don't have a lot of problems with Drew's skill, but we just aren't winning with him, for whatever reason. That is the only reason that I would bench him when Losman is healthy. If the Bills continue to win though, I would keep Drew in. That is until we are eliminated from the playoff picture.

Just look at the flack McGee is getting. I think he will grow into a decent corner, but he WILL have more games like this one.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            he did it because of his lack of trust in drew not to foul up the whole thing.
                            That's why Drew was still passing in the fourth as we were trying to hold onto the lead.

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

That trumped GW's mistake of punting on 4th and 1 from the 32.

But I'll chalk it up to rookie mistake unless it happens again.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X