PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp 2002 Notebook: Slow Start to Camp

LouGrant
07-30-2002, 09:46 PM
Another Zone Original from our camp reporters!

=========================================

Training Camp 2002 Notebook: Slow Start to Camp
By: Eric Shults

"Let's kick it up a notch."

Please do.

No constant reverberations of air horns clamoring in the air. No mountains of flesh running "thinking laps" over freshly painted grass under a hazy afternoon sun.

And not much electricity in the air surrounding the beginning of Buffalo's 2002 training camp in Pittsford, NY, either.

The initial phase of training camp has thankfully concluded at St. John Fisher, with all veterans and rookie players, including number one draft pick Mike Williams, participating in Sunday's full-squad double sessions. It couldn't have come any sooner for most, as evidenced by the dozens of camp attendees during the first three practices last Thursday and Friday.

Each year's team and it's training camp sessions at St. John Fisher College seems to form it's own vibe and feel. And this year's vibe is making me sleepy. Or, if asked to describe this year's camp in one syllable: maybe blah.
...MORE (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=7&state=news&nid=264)

Romes
07-30-2002, 09:53 PM
great report.

LtBillsFan66
07-30-2002, 10:01 PM
ditto

LouGrant
07-30-2002, 10:05 PM
Tell your friends!!!

Michael82
07-30-2002, 10:17 PM
Great report, but I disagree with the attendance stuff! If today is any sign, then there will certainly be a HUGE crowd coming to the camp. The parking lot that I parked in was more packed that it has been before and so was the bleachers. I think they are now going to start coming to camp because all the big names are there! The Rookie camps were NEVER popular! I worked there last year and we had about the same amount of people then, maybe less!